‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 19: Jack's P.O.V.

“Shut your eyes
And feel the chemicals collide
You and I tonight
You're the sugar in my high…”

- Chemicals Collide, Boys Like Girls.

“Hey Alex!” I called down the corridor, pushing past the people in my way but being careful not to drop what I had in my hands.

I skidded to a stop next to Alex, who just looked at me. He was used to me being like an excitable puppy most of the time. I thrust the brown paper bag at him. He took it off me, glancing at me curiously. I gestured for him to open it.

“Fuck, that’s smells good.” Alex almost moaned as the smell of warm croissant came from the bag and he brought it up to his mouth, biting into the soft pastry.

I smiled as he devoured it. I knew he hadn’t had time to have breakfast this morning before rushing outside to meet me to walk to school. I’d decided to buy him breakfast.

Crushing the paper bag into a ball, Alex said with a smile, “Thanks Jacky.”

Even after a ten days of him calling me ‘Jacky’, it still managed to send a shockwave of happiness through me every time Alex called me by the nickname. It allowed me to hope that my plan was working. (I ignored the voice in the back of my head saying that Alex was only doing this because he didn’t want to lose my friendship.)

“It’s fine.” I’d missed first period to fetch that croissant for him, but it was worth the telling off I’d undoubtedly get later from my parents. The smile he gave me was payment enough.

I held his eyes for a moment – my lungs empty of oxygen as I gazed into those perfect chocolate brown eyes of his – and then the bell rang loudly above our heads. Alex jerked his head up towards the bell. I blinked my eyes before my thoughts could take a turn for the unsuitable for school route.

Alex engulfed me in a tight hug that lasted barely long enough for me to realise it was happening and then I was watching the perfect boy shove past the people that swarmed the corridor. I stared after him until he disappeared from sight and I remembered that I had a class to get to.

---

Sure enough, I did get a telling off when I arrived home. Both of them wanted to know why I wasn’t in class. I sighed and decided to bite the bullet metaphorically – tell them that I loved Alex and was trying to ‘court’ him.

Their reactions were predictable – Mum was joyful, happy that I had found someone that I loved, while Dad was still happy for me, but more cautious, telling me that if this plan didn’t work then I had to back off and just be Alex’s best friend. I told them that I could do it. I had done it for a dozen of years or so – what was the rest of my life?
♠ ♠ ♠
As it says in the status, I highly doubt I will be able to complete this before Christmas Day - I'm going away and I won't be able to write while I'm there. So, yeah. I'm sorry.

(In hindsight, I should've started writing this earlier, but hey what can I do?)

Anyway, comments and reccs make my day. :)