‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 18: Alex's P.O.V.

“Just might have tapped into your mind and soul
You can't be sure…”

- Arabella, Arctic Monkeys.

I shivered as the bitingly cold wind blew my hat off. I cursed loudly and ran after it. After a few feet of running, I had my hat back and on my head, warming my head up again.

I was stood by the park, near to where Jack and I had talked a couple of days ago, waiting for Jack to appear. He had sent me a text earlier on simply saying that he wanted to meet me at the park.

So here I was, stood in the cold, waiting for Jack. My hands were shoved deep in my pockets to protect them from the cold.

Just as I debated whether to leave, Jack appeared from around the corner. I squinted against the wind that was causing my eyes to water. He was carrying something in his left hand. What was it?

“Hi Alex.” He said, smiling.

“What’s in the bag?” I asked, bypassing friendly greeting. I was curious, dammit!

Jack chuckled and opened the bag. I looked inside. Bread. There was a loaf of bread in the bag.

“Err…Jack what are we doing?” I questioned as we began to walk through the park.

He was silent for a few minutes before pointing at the pond. I could see ducks on the water and my brain two and two together.

“We’re feeding ducks?”

Jack nodded, “Yeah, we are.”

“Why Jack? It’s cold.” I said, nudging him with my shoulder.

“Because it’s cute and so are you.”

I watched as he blushed and I smiled. Jack blushing was a good sight and I wanted to be the cause of it more often.

Since when did I want to be the cause of Jack’s blushes? I asked myself silently. But I couldn’t deny that the idea wasn’t nice.

When we reached the pond, Jack opened the sliced bread and passed me some. I turned to look at Jack for a brief moment, to see if he was serious, and took some bread. I threw it to the ducks and they quacked loudly as they ate the bread. Despite myself, I laughed.

“You see? Fun.” Jack said, chuckling with me.

He threw more bread to the ducks as I replied, “Sure.”

“It is,” He said, “It really is.”

I had the feeling that Jack wasn’t just talking about feeding the ducks. He was also talking about spending time with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! I'm trying to update as much as I can before I leave. :D

Tell me what you think in the comments!