‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 16: Alex's P.O.V.

“Let's take a chance baby we can't lose
Ain’t we all just runaways?
I knew it when I met you, I'm not gonna let you runaway
I knew it when I held you, I wasn't lettin' go…”

- Runaways, The Killers.

I was in Jack’s room. We were just messing around on the internet. My original reason for going over to Jack’s was to do homework, but after about five or ten minutes, we had gotten bored of the English homework we’d been set and gone on Jack’s laptop. I laughed inside; this always happened when I went over to Jack’s to study or he came over to mine. Either way, we never got much homework done.

I laughed out loud at the cat on the YouTube video. It had just gone face-first into the pool. Jack laughed as well, which made me think that it was a really nice sound to hear.

“Your laugh is really nice.” I mumbled to myself, not expecting him to hear me.

But he did and his cheeks went red. I remembered what I’d thought earlier on, about wanting to be the reason for Jack’s blushes. I was certainly doing that.

“R-really?”

I smiled, not surprised that he didn’t believe me, “Yeah, it is.”

“Ok…” Jack said, smiling nervously and blushing.

He clearly hasn’t got used to me giving him compliments. I gave him one about his cooking the other day and his reaction had been the same. In fact, I suddenly remembered, that was when I’d come up with the idea about making him blush more often.

“It’s true Jacky.”

“Yeah?”

I pressed a quick kiss to his cheek and grinned as Jack’s blush deepened. I had to admit it was nice to be the cause of his blushes.

We continued to watch YouTube videos for about half an hour before Jack said something.

“Hey Alex.”

“Yeah Jack?” I said.

“D’you want a massage?” He asked.

I thought about it for a moment, recalling how stressed I’d been over the past few weeks, and replied that I’d like one.

“Well,” Jack said, turning his laptop off and moving over towards his bed, “You’re gonna have to take your t-shirt off.”

I shrugged and then took my green t-shirt off, standing up from my seat next to his desk and going over to his bed. I stretched before flopping on to Jack’s bed. I shoved my face into his pillow, inhaling the scent that was purely Jack.

“Alex…”

I lifted my head and twisted my neck to look at my best friend (who just happened to love me) as he approached. He stood next to the bed and began to massage me. Within a few minutes of his strong, long fingers pushing my sore muscles this way and that, I was moaning like a cheap whore.

“F-fuck Jack…” I groaned, pushing into Jack’s fingers. I wanted his fingers to push all the thoughts out of my head. They were getting tiresome; the thoughts of Jack wanting to be my boyfriend, him loving me, and how his plan to ‘court’ me was working – to my surprise and oddly enough, happiness. I needed to be able to relax for a bit, and if the only way for that to happen was to have Jack give me a massage, then I wasn’t complaining.

Jack’s fingers slowly made their way from the top of my shoulders, pushing at my skin gently but firmly, to the small of my back, where they pushed outwards at the apparently tense muscles there. I groaned gutturally as Jack took away the tenseness and replaced it with a loose, shaky feeling that I couldn’t quite describe.

“Jack, fucking hell… fuck fuck…” I mumbled as he continued to massage me, going back up my back, leaving me an incoherent mumbling mess.

When he finally finished and gave me my t-shirt back, I was so relaxed I couldn’t find it in me to care that I’d just put my t-shirt on inside out.

“Alex, your t-shirt is on inside out.” Jack said, chuckling quietly.

I couldn’t muster up a glare to throw at him, instead I just whined, “I don’t care Jacky.”

He sighed, “C’mere Lex.”

Jack pulled my t-shirt off, righted it for me, and shoved it over my head again.

I smiled in thanks at him, and then let myself fall back onto Jack’s bed for the second time today.

“Alex,” Jack said, dragging out the ‘L’ in my name, “You’ve got to move. You’ve gotta go home.”

Like a stubborn five year old, I shook my head and grumbled, “No, comfy here Jacky. Not moving.”

“Alex, seriously.”

“No.”

“Fine, I’ll call your mum, tell her you’re staying over,” He said, “Grab something of mine to sleep in yeah?”

As he left the room, I nodded and mentally decided that I had to get up to change out of my skinny jeans and t-shirt. When he came back, bringing two mugs of hot chocolate in each hand and an unopened packet of biscuits tucked under his left arm, I was dressed in a pair of Jack’s checked PJ bottoms and an old blink-182 t-shirt.

I took the hot chocolate Jack gave to me gratefully, letting it warm up my hands, and opened the biscuits, offering the first one to Jack. He took it and dunked it in his hot chocolate. We arranged ourselves so we could fit under Jack’s duvet without spilling any of our hot chocolate.

“Your mum wasn’t surprised to hear that you were staying at mine.” Jack said, taking a bite of his soggy biscuit.

I laughed, “Why would she be? We’ve spent a lot of time at each other’s houses.”

“That’s very true.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year! :D I was drunk on New Year's Eve...good times. ;)

Anyway, the comment box likes - loves - comments, so please comment.