‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 15: Jack's P.O.V.

“'Cause this is the real thing
Love changes everything
This is night when every heart's exploding
The real thing…”

- Real Thing, Boys Like Girls.

For today’s gift, I had a jigsaw puzzle. I’d seen it earlier on my way back from school and brought it on impulse. I hoped that Alex would like it.

Yesterday had been a surreal experience. Having Alex in – well, on at least – my bed and moaning. That had been like several dreams I’d had since realising that loved Alex.

I knocked on the Gaskarth’s door. After a few moments, Alex opened the door, letting the warm air seep out in the cold air. Without words, he beckoned me in.

I smiled as I gave Alex the jigsaw so I could take my coat and hat off. It had been snowing again so I’d wrapped up warm at my Mum’s insistence when she had heard that I was going to be walking around to Alex’s. Once I’d done that, I took the jigsaw from Alex and let him lead me into his living room.

“Where’s your family?” I asked as I settled down on the carpet with my back against the couch and my legs curled under me. I opened the box and upended the pieces onto the floor.

“They’re out, doing some Christmas shopping.” Alex replied, sitting opposite me.

I nodded as I spread the pieces out so we could see what we had. I flipped over a dozen or so pieces of the jigsaw. Before long, Alex and I were fitting the pieces together to form the frame and beginning to fill in the rest jigsaw.

“Do you enjoy spending time with me?”

My head jerked up in surprise. It had been quiet in the living room until Alex had spoken and it made me jump. I blinked, registering the question posed.

“Uh…yeah?” I said, thinking about how amazing it was that Alex trusted me that much, “I mean, I love you, of course I like spending time with you.”

“You love me?” He said.

In a flash of understanding, I realised that this was the first time I’d said ‘I love you’ to Alex. Aloud anyway, I’d said in my head loads since I’d fallen for him but never aloud. My cheeks turned red and I looked down at the ground, staring at the jigsaw.

“Can I take that back?” I said nervously, wanting to rewind the past few minutes.

“Jack…”

I looked up and into Alex’s brown eyes. I gulped.

“It’s not bad that you’ve told me that,” He said, “It’s actually…kind of…nice.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.” Alex said and refused to say anything more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahahaha... A new chapter! Yay!

Does Alex have 'feelings' for Jack?? You'll never know! Mwhahaha... ;)

Comments are welcome, and they make me so happy to see the little orange 'Alert' button!