‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 30: Alex's P.O.V.

“I don't have the right name
Or the right looks
But I have twice the heart…”

– Just One Yesterday, Fall Out Boy.

---

When Jack approached me yesterday, I honestly wasn’t sure what to think. But after the night and the morning spent thinking hard, I’d decided to accept his offer of ‘courting’, if only not to hurt his feelings. He was my best friend, and if he also liked me, then that was fine.

After saying hi to Rian, Zack and Jack, I went to my locker and opened it. Sitting on top of my books, there was a small wrapped box complete with a red bow. I picked it up and tossed it from hand to hand a couple of times. It rattled. I put it in my bag along with the books I’d need for classes and promptly forgot about it.

---

At lunch, I talked to Jack, Rian and Zack about the possibility of starting our own band. We were pretty good, doing covers of blink, but I felt that we could stretch ourselves and start doing some of our own stuff. I mean, I’d already written a couple of things.

Jack loudly agreed with me before wolfing down his sandwich and then standing up. He said that he had a detention, which didn’t surprise any of us.

“What’s it for this time Jack?” Rian asked, not even looking up from his lunch.

“Something about ‘class is not the time to listen to music’?”

I laughed, “Typical!”

Jack smiled at me. I smiled back and then he announced that he really had to go.

“See ya Jack!” I yelled after him.

Jack raised a hand in acknowledgement before disappearing from my sight entirely as he left the lunch room.

---

When I got home, I was tired and wanted to do nothing more than just collapse into my bed and sleep. But that wasn’t going to happen, not when most of my teachers had given us essays to write. I groaned and went to get coffee from the kitchen. I was going to need it if my memory of the homework served me right.

I went upstairs, taking my bag and cup of coffee with me, after talking with my parents for a few minutes. I slung my bag on my desk and sat down at the chair. When I fumbled through the mess that was my backpack, I found a wrapped present. I frowned before remembering this morning, when I found it in my locker.

I opened it, ripping the bow off and tearing the paper to find a plain cardboard box. I opened the box and found, nestled in some blue tissue paper, a key ring. I held it up and realised that it was a blink-182 key ring.

Jack always did know me well. Smiling, I attached it to my backpack and settled down to do some homework, putting some New Found Glory quietly in the background.
♠ ♠ ♠
The second chapter of today, since it seemed to have a good reaction. :)

Please comment, they make my day better! ;D