‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 12: Alex's P.O.V.

“Love is why we do it
Love is worth the pain
Love is why we fall down…”

- This = Love, The Script.

I walked into school with Zack on my right side and Rian on my left. I would have walked with Jack as usual, but when I woke up he’d left a note saying to go on without him. As I headed towards my locker, I silently wondered what it was that was so important that I had to walk to school without him. I kind of hoped that it was related to his plan to ‘court’ me.

I opened my locker to dump the books that I wouldn’t need until after lunch, and found a red rose sitting on the bottom of the locker. Instantly, I knew who it was from and blushed. I looked up and down the corridor, ignoring Rian and Zack’s questions about the rose for now. I spotted Jack at the end of the corridor. I thought I could see him smiling nervously, so I waved. He began to force his way towards us.

“What’s with the rose dude?” Zack asked.

My blush deepened, “Er…nothing.”

“That blush says differently!” Rian exclaimed, pointing at me, “Now tell us.”

Just then, Jack arrived and put his arms around my waist. I leant into his embrace instinctively, smiling.

“Oh.” Rian said.

Jack laughed, his chest vibrating against my back, and replied, “Yeah, I’m trying to win him over. I think it’s working.”

I tilted my head up to look at him and raised an eyebrow, “You do, do you?”

He nodded, “Yeah, I really do.”

“W-what?” Rian stuttered.

I looked back at out two friends. They were staring at Jack and I in shock. I silently wondered why. And then I realised – they must not have known about Jack’s infatuation with me. Leaning back further into Jack’s embrace, I decided to let Jack explain his plan to ‘court’ me.

“Well, I – I realised that I was gay and in love with Alex in tenth grade – that’s why I stopped dating girls that year if you remember?” When they nodded, Jack continued, his voice vibrating against my back again, “And since giving him a Valentine’s Day present anonymously, I decided to ask him if I could ‘court’ him until Christmas Day.”

“What happens on Christmas Day?” Zack asked, looking curious.

It was then that I decided to chip in, “On Christmas Day, I decide if I want to be Jack’s boyfriend or not.”

“Ok then…” Rian looked less confused.

I laughed again and then the bell for our first class went. I untangled myself from Jack’s embrace, disliking that I had to, and we began to walk down the corridor towards our first class of the day.

I was still holding the red rose in my hand. I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments mean the world to me! :D