‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 3: Jack's P.O.V.

“I can't explain but I want to try
There's this image of you and
And it goes dancing by in the morning and in the night time…”

- Fireside, Arctic Monkeys.

Why was I outside, waiting not so patiently for Alex to arrive at my house? I wondered as I felt raindrops snake down my top. Oh yeah, because I loved the idiot. But I couldn’t call him an idiot when he’d rang me a few minutes ago, sounding so scared and helpless. And damn, if that didn’t make me want to protect him, then I didn’t know what would.

My eyes caught the figure of someone running down my street, towards me. I hoped it was Alex, not just for my own sake, but for his as well, because he sounded so scared.

“J-Jack!”

Thank God, it was Alex.

“Alex!” I said, pulling him towards the warmth of my house. He was shaking. Whether it was from the cold or from fright, I didn’t know. But there’d be time to question him about that once we were inside. I shut the door behind us and turned to look at Alex.

Wordlessly, I dragged him upstairs and pushed him towards the bathroom. I opened the door and he went in. I heard him shut the door and turn shower on as I went to grab him some of my clothes. Sticking my arm through the crack between the door and the doorframe, I left the boxers, pyjama bottoms and old Green Day t-shirt on the floor near the bath.

As I waited for Alex to be finished in the shower, I went to the kitchen and made us both a mug of hot chocolate. It tasted nice and it had the bonus of warming us up after being in the rain. By the time I’d made the hot chocolate and taken it upstairs, Alex had finished his shower and was dressed in my clothes, sitting on my bed.

Damn, he looked good in my clothes, I thought as I gave him a mug and watched him take the first sip.

“Jack…” Alex said.

After taking a drink of my hot chocolate, I replied, “Yes Alex?”

I sensed that this was going to be an interesting conversation, so I moved closer to him, pressing our sides together and offering him silent support.

“D’you think it’s stupid? The way I’m scared when a thunderstorm comes?”

“Lex…” What could I say that would ease his fears? “Of course I don’t think it’s stupid. Actually, I think it’s kind of good, the way you always, always come to me when one arrives, cause it gives me even more chance to hug you.”

Alex blushed and took another drink from his mug. Gently, I prised the mug from his hands and leant over to put it, along with mine, on the floor. Then I pushed him on to his side, so I could cuddle him.

As we lay there, I thought about how damn lucky I was to have Alex in my life. I felt his breathing slow as he drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! The second chapter of today. You know, I had this vague idea that I'll finish this by the end of Janurary. But I don't think that's going to happen.

I LOVE EVERYBODY WHO COMMENTED REGARDING MY IDEA FOR A PREQUEL!

(In other news, the comments made me - honest to Jalex - blush!)