‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 24: Alex's P.O.V.

“What your best friend knows,
I'm never gonna let this go, (what your best friend knows)
What your best friend knows…”

- Keep The Change, You Filthy Animal, All Time Low.

“Alex, what’s that?” Zack asked, pointing at the small sealed envelope that I’d just taken out of my locker I was currently holding in my hand.

I shrugged, feeling Jack’s eyes boring into the side of my head. I slipped it into my back pocket for me to read later, when I wasn’t being cross-examined by my friends.

“Just something.” I replied, wanting to change the subject, “Have you guys done the maths homework?”

As they answered, I could feel the envelope burning a hole through my jeans. I wanted to read it right fucking then, but I couldn’t. I’d have to be patient, which wasn’t one of my strong suits.

---

When I got home, I immediately laid on my bed, feet dangling over the edge, and opened the letter. My fingers jammed into the pocket of my jeans and pulled out the now slightly creased envelope. I opened it and read.

To Lex,

I can’t believe I’m writing a note for you – liking you has turned me into such a sap. ;)

But in all seriousness, I love the way your eyes light up when you laugh, and the way your voice sounds when you sing.

I already knew all this, but being able to ‘court’ you or whatever, has given me a unique sense of how special you are to me.

You mean the world to me, you honestly do.

“I could tell my life was changing,
Since the minute I met you…” – New Found Glory.

Jack.


As I finished reading it, I breathed out and smiled. Trust Jack to work in a song lyric from New Found Glory. But I thought that the song lyric could be applied to when I first met him as well. I mean, when I met him, I knew that my life was going to change – and while I had an inkling it wouldn’t always be for the better – I had known that it meeting Jack would make my life better in the long run. And I would always be glad that I met him, my life wouldn’t have been what it was now if I hadn’t met Jack.

I got up and pondered Jack’s letter more as I turned my iPod docking station, sliding my iPod on with a practiced hand. The letter was possibly the best thing he’d given me so far, and I couldn’t wait till tomorrow to tell him, so I got my phone out.

I texted quickly Thks 4 the letter. It was sweet. and sent it.

In a few minutes my phone buzzed, letting me know that I had a reply. I opened it.

It read: It’s fine. I enjoyed writing it. :D

I could imagine Jack blushing on the other end of the phone. I smiled.

Why was that mental image so pleasing to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo!! A chapter!

You know, comments make my day! :)