Status: Chapters weekly every friday night... hopefully. :D

The Halfbreed

The Dwarves

Once in there she changed out of her formal gown and into her leggings and long forest green tunic, which was almost a dress except for the fact that it had two slits down the sides.
When she got comfy in her reading chair she read about the mighty kingdom of Arthenia, where the evil king ruled, and found herself very distracted. It was a festival night and she couldn’t help but get up and walk around the palace, which was when she realized that she was once again by the dwarves, but this time to her satisfaction she went unnoticed and they had been having a conversation of escape.
Escape… she thought for a second she could leave here and never look back, she could be protected by the mountain once more after of course Smaug was defeated. She then made her decision as she heard all the dwarfs’ celebrate as a little man appeared.
“Wait!” She called to them as the men in their cages set their eyes on her as a potential threat. She walked over to Thorin and to her surprise he was taller than her. “I wish to come with you, I mean no threat. I just wish to be away from Thranduil he is a monster and I would like to see him dead.” Her face was serious and she knew that everything was true, she couldn’t stand it here and hated what he had done to her when he brought her here.
All the dwarfs stared murmuring and whispering, while Thorin stared at her, “And what if we say no.” he said.
She titled her head and appraised him she knew he would question her, “Well I know of your little man, and I don’t want any of your gold or gems I only wish to seek refuge in the mountain as I once did as a child. My mother was employed as a seamstress by Thrain and I weaved for Thror, please it was my only real home until Thranduil took it away from me.” She paused as he looked still pretty skeptical, “I didn’t want to have to say this but without me you won’t get out of here, I know of every secret passage in this palace and I am skilled with blades and arrows. Please Thorin, I know that I may seem not to have any sense to beg but please.”
The Small man and the older dwarf looked at Thorin and then the older dwarf looked at her. “Miss if I may ask why does Thranduil wish to keep you here?”
She looked down nervously and took a breath or two then to look around at all of the dwarfs hanging off all the words exchanged here. “Because you see, he is my father, and I am his shame and embarrassment of an offspring, he wishes to keep me here imprisoned for the rest of my life. And he will no doubt dance on my grave, I do not want to give him that satisfaction.”
The older dwarf whispered into Thorin’s ear and Thorin sighed greatly, “Aye, you may come with us. Now our burglar has a plan.”
“Yes-s-s...” the little man looked at her nervously, “You see I was surveying the palace when I noticed these barrels in the cellar,”
“And the trap door,” She finished. She looked at him and acknowledged his ingenuity, “I see but you know that way is heavily walked if you have been surveying Mr. Burglar. And do I know an obscure path that leads there if you would follow me Thorin. But first.” She turned to the small man.
“My names Bilbo, miss” The small man interrupted.
She smiled kindly at him, “Bilbo, I do believe I see keys in your hands do I not?”
Bilbo suddenly realized he indeed did have the keys and went about freeing the dwarfs, she turned and surveyed the path, no guards would be out they would be protecting her father. But she needed to make sure.
She turned to find the group staring at her for where to go, she did not have her stuff, “Okay follow me, but I will not go with you all the way I must grab my things,” she kept all her travel stuff in a secret nook near her room if she saw a good chance in her escape again, but she figured if she ran she would catch up to them as they went the other way.
She led them to a wall and ran her hand down the wall finding the push mechanism for the door which creaked open. The door lead to two passage ways and she turned to look at Thorin. “You must go right I will meet up with you at the cellar.”
Thorin did not look like he liked her idea, “No you will not go alone Kili, go with her so she doesn’t get us caught.”
She squared her shoulders and nodded her head as the two groups separated the young dwarf who had been staring at her for a while followed her as she ran. Even in this bad light she could feel his eyes boring holes into her back, why did his stare bother her so?
“So you are half elf half human miss?” He asked.
She looked back at him and noticed that he too was taller than her, “Yes, my mother was a women of Dale.” The cave split into two passageways and took the right one.
“And you worked for the dwarf king? How is that possible you don’t look older than a babe…?” She put a finger to his lips, where it burned and she thought of how soft they felt, and how they would feel on hers. She chided herself for thinking this as the twisting cave lead to the opening. Gingerly, she opened it and looked around her room right across from the door. No one was there and the nook was down to the left which she ran to and grabbed her deerskin bag, and turned back to the cave and closed the door behind her.
“Let’s go we must catch up.” She told him as she took off down the path again.
“I thought you would have to pack, why do you have your things ready?”
“Because Kili, I hate it here and I knew if I could see a good chance to leave then I wouldn’t let it pass. Sen garth pol gortheb.” She spat the last words, as they ran.
“What?” Kili asked as he huffed after her. She turned to look at him and give him a kindly smile.
“Sorry I haven’t spoken the common tongue in many years, I said it is horrible here.” She smiled at herself at least she knew she could secretly say things in the elven tongue when she needed to think.
They made it back to where the others were waiting in the cellar and they each climbed into a barrel at Bilbo’s command enforced by Thorin and he dumped them into the lake.
Their journey down the lake was interesting to say the least she did not know they had an orc pack on them, and barely had enough time to pull her sword on the ugly orc who tried to stab her. The elves were on to them too and closed the gate which Kili then got up and opened that was until he got shot in the leg, which she nearly yelled out in her own pain.
Why she felt this close to someone whom she just met, was confusing, but she could feel herself worry for the young dwarf and wished to run to him. What was this she was feeling? Kili summoned the skill to get up and pull the leaver as the dwarfs went through the gates. She looked back to see Kili fall into the barrel as his arrow snapped and he cried out in pain, she felt her throat constrict; but they made it out just before her brother could see her.
“Anything behind us?” Thorin asked.
“Not that I can see.” The eldest dwarf said.
“I think we've outrun the Orcs.” A younger dwarf replied.
“Not for long, we've lost the current.” Thorin responded.
“We almost half drowned!” a gruff and balding dwarf yelled.
“Make for the shore!” Thorin called
“Aye.” The bald one called out again
“Come on, let's go!” Thorin shouted.
Arriving at the shore they all got out of the barrels and stretched, she looked to Kili who fell to his knees as his wound plagued him and went towards him, she felt bad that he had gotten shot and knew she had to help, she did have elf healing abilities after all, “That may be bad may I take a look?” she asked, for she knew the egos of men and dwarfs especially.
He seemed shocked to hear her voice right beside him, “No its okay Oin will clean my wounds, you maiden may go and dry off.” Fili made his way to his brother’s side to look at his wound too, as Thorin grew impatient.
“Maiden?” she started to laugh smiling at him kindly, “I have not been a maiden for a long time dwarf, I am much older than I seem.” She smiled as she walked away from him and heard Thorin barking orders to him, and as he then decided that they would wait for Kili to be bandaged, which was where they all introduced themselves to her.
Balin, Dwalin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Nori, Ori, Dori, Gloin, Oin, and Fili, introduced themselves properly as they all said at your service. “Nice to meet all of you I am Vanya, at your service.” as she curtsied to each.
They started discussing how to get to the mountain so she went to her bags and pulled out her sheath and quiver, she figured that she would need them out and ready, based on the rivers events. And she was not wrong as a tall man pointed an arrow right at Ori and as everyone turned to him Dwalin went to Ori’s defense as the man let loose an arrow on the piece of wood Dwalin held. She went for her bow as Kili raised a stone as he let another arrow fly to knock the rock out of Kili’s hand.
As she reached for an arrow the man spoke, “Do it again and you’re dead,” He stared at her and the company, he was quick and she didn’t want to risk anyone in her new company, so she lowered her bow.
Balin seemed to be the one who was thinking, “Excuse me but uh you’re from Laketown if I’m not mistaken. That barge over there, it wouldn’t be available for hire by any chance?”
The man lowered his bow and went to putting the barrels into his barge.
“What makes you think I would help you?” Bard asked.
“Those boots have seen better days, as has that coat.” Balin mentioned. “No doubt you have some hungry mouths to feed? How many bairns?”
“A boy and two girls.” Bard had a ghost of a smile on his face.
“And your wife, I imagine, she's a beauty?” Balin started smiling at the mention of Bards children.
Bard looked at the old dwarf and hesitated, “Aye, she was.”
Balin realized what he said and sobered up “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...”
“Oh, come on, come on. Enough with the niceties.” Dwalin growled.
She looked at the balding Dwarf with reverence as she knew they had no patients, and the orcs didn’t make it any better but she kept her mouth shut as this all transpired.
“What's your hurry?” The barge man asked
“What's it to you?” Dwalin was not gaining any points here.
“I would like to know who you are, and what you were doing in these lands.” Bard stated, and Vanya thought that he had a good measure to ask.
“We are simple merchants from the Blue Mountains, journeying to see our kin in the Iron Hills.” Balin played off.
“Simple merchants, you say?” Bard seemed to think this was untrue.
“We need food, supplies, and weapons. Can you help us?” Thorin asked
“I know where these barrels came from.” Bard said.
“What of it?” Thorin gruffly replied.
“I don't know what business you had with the elves, but I don't think it ended well. No one enters Lake-town but by lead of the master. All his wealth comes from trade with the Woodland realm. He would see you in irons before risking the wrath of king Thranduil.” Bard turned to leave, as all the dwarfs looked at each other worriedly.
Thorin nodded at Balin as he turned to Bard, “I'll wager there are ways to enter that town unseen.”
“Aye. But for that you would need a smuggler.” Bard bent down.
“For which we would pay double.” Vanya swore she could hear the desperation, but it worked as Bard stood to look at them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its so hard to know where to start and end a chapter but this one is longer then the other so yay! :) hope you all enjoy it