Status: Chapters weekly every friday night... hopefully. :D

The Halfbreed

The Fire's Wrath

She turned to the dwarves and saw they all had a look of recognition on their faces and she saw fear in the children’s eyes she froze at first she couldn’t process what to do. As Fili looked to her in worry, more so for his brother, and then she burst into action she went to Kili and gingerly shook him calling his name.
Fili stood next to her as Kili groaned at the rude awakening, “Quick we must get him up the beast is yet to doom us all.” Vanya said to Fili as he took her place by Kili and Bofur and Oin went to help Fili. She turned around to address the children, “We must leave this place, alright? You need to be safe.” She sounded so sure but on the inside she felt a trembling begin, tonight could very well be her last.
The kids went about grabbing items that they could carry, as they sat Kili up in armchair he seemed to be looking much better even if he only got a few hours of sleep. The children came back with bags and amrs full of clothing and blankets. She nodded to them all and then led them to the stairs having to hobble Kili down them to the boat as people nearby ran around the town throwing things into boats, scared for their lives.
Getting in the boat they started had to kind lift Kili in and then they set out on the water, Vanya was in front with Sigrid to help them pas under houses as Sigrid could touch the buildings. Vanya looked to the sky and realized her mistake the Dragon was charging the town and she felt her breath catch but her body continued to move without her control. And the dragon swooped down and burned a section of the town nearby and this startled the little Tilda as she screamed.
Vanya turned around, “It’s going to be okay,” she said to the little girl and not feeling so sure herself but here is to hoping.
She felt good that they were moving quickly, enough to be missed by the dragon’s breath, the other people that weren’t so lucky were quieted almost immediately. She looked back to make sure everyone was okay when they all lurched forward from a collision, and looking up into the other boat was a vast amount of gold and the Master himself. He squealed like a pig as he yelled at the people moving the boat and after a short moment his boat had past and they started trying to move faster due to the lack of time but Vanya felt a grip on her back and looked to the the children staring at the figure that was their father.
Tilda started screaming and she noticed it was Sigrid’s hand on her back and was about to turn around when Bane grabbed the hook and flew out of the boat. Now both of the girls were screaming at their brother, Vanya looked forward and shook her head.
“We must keep moving, I am sorry.” And she guided the boat out of the town, she felt a sinking feeling like she let down Bane maybe she could have saved more people but she didn’t look back until they landed ashore.
She helped the two girls out of the boat and then the dwarves tried to help Kili, who seemed to get his mobility slowly back together and fought them off. They wandered inland and watched the burning town from the distance of the shore but the ruins were not too far from where they stood even still.
And looking into the town she saw in the burning flames the large dark shape of the great firedrake, and once again felt overwhelmed and childish. This beast was by far bigger than anything she had ever seen and the fact that they were on the shore was not nearly enough as that thing could fry all the boats making their way out of the town. But just as she thought everyone felt they were doomed, the dragon soared up into the sky awkwardly. Vanya thought it looked like it did not remember how to fly properly, and then it started plummeting towards the ruins that were left of the town.
All the people out of range turned to stare in disbelief; the dragon fell to its demise and with Vanya’s elf eyes she could see the gold light fade from its eyes just before its awkward descent. It took no more than a moment for people to realize and sullenly rejoice as they were torn between the sorrow of the ones they lost and the no longer looming threat of the dragon.
She snapped out of it and turned towards the stunned dwarves watching in awe, “Fili we must get Kili to lay down or else that wound will never heal fully.”
This made them all turn to look at her funny almost staring through her, “Yes,” was all Fili could get out as he followed Vanya more inland with the girls who bore the blankets on the ground which Kili insisted should go to them for warmth, so after they all started to snooze off she took her cloak off and placed it over Kili, after all the chill of winter started to seep into the air.
And she then settled down and sat on the sand and that was when the headache hit her so hard she supposed her head had been crushed under the dragon’s foot. And then she saw many scenes; a large building that looked oddly familiar to her and on top was Fili and a white Orc, who plunged his blade through his chest from behind. And then she saw Kili fighting out of rage at the loss of his brother and taking on multiple enemies and then this large Orc with metal embedded in his chest sight him and stab Kili through his heart. And lastly Thorin lying dead next to the white Orc.
Vanya Blinked and it was gone, but she felt the pain in her head and in her heart at the thought of losing her new friends and saviours; she could not let this happen, why was fate giving her these visions. Which spurred another question why had she gone her whole life without the gift of prophecy and only now it comes to her? She didn’t notice she was crying until the tears fell down her face at the thought of Fili and Thorin, not to mention the heartbreak of Kili she couldn’t bear losing him after finally finding him, her one love.
She sat for a long time staring at the shore wondering about the prophecy that she had seen and finally as she stared at the dim sunrise over the hills that she wold do her best to stop it. That this vision of the future was in her hands to shape as much as it was anyone’s, but she just prayed that she could do it. As she was thinking she found herself playing with the braid Kili had done and looked at it closely and admired the work, she didn’t want to take it out just yet although she was a tad bit covered in charcoal.
Sigrid awoke first and Vanya asked her to stay with the groups while she try to get them some water to drink in a bowl that they carried on the boat. Looking in the water she saw some blood a bit down the shore but where she was it was cleaner with small debris. She took a quick drink for herself and then another as she hadn’t realized before how dry her throat had been from all the smoke. She then looked up as she filled the bowl and her water skin on her hip to the brim she saw a great deal more boats about to make it to shore and recognized one of the people in it and so with the bowl of water she hurried down back to the group.
Making it there the dwarves were all waking up and Kili looked much, much, better the colour was in his face again and he leg didn’t seem to be bothering him anymore. “Here girls drink first quickly,” she handed them the bowl and Sigrid took a gingerly sip while Tilda swallowed a ton. “Good,” Vanya said as she took the bowl back. “Now hurry to shore I believe I saw a boat with your father on it”
This set the girls running towards the herd of people closer to shore, lowered herself down beside Kili on his right, and gave him the bowl, “How is your leg?” she touched it gingerly.
He took a quick chug and then passed the bowl to the others, “Well I don’t feel a thing in it. It does kind of tingle where the arrow was, but that’s all. I never really thanked you, so,” he grabbed her hand and looked at her with those big brown eyes, “thank you for saving my life, I am indebted to you.” She swallowed and nodded as the other dwarves drank the last of the bowls water.
Looking at them she stood, “We should go to the shore and find a half decent boat to get us across the river and to the mountain by mid to late day maybe.”
Bofur stood with her and Fili helped Kili get up, Oin hopped up like a jack rabbit which surprised her from his apparent age. “Aye lass I believe you are right but first do you have any food in your bag?” Bofur peered around her to the small pouch on her shoulder.
She pulled it off and looked inside to see some Lambas bread at least four pieces so she handed one full piece to Kili and gave out three pieces to the other dwarves and three to herself. Kili started to object, but everyone else wouldn’t give him ground, sure he was feeling better but he needed his strength. After eating they walked to the shore and found a decent boat with four oars and hopped in and made their way slowly across the lake to the shore closest to the mountain.
With all of them paddling except Kili, they moved quickly through the water and as Vanya stared out to the tumbled and burned ruins that were Esgaroth. The sadness that overcame her as she knew half of its people must not have made it out of the fire pit, the loss of the children and mothers and fathers she closed her eyes and shed one tear for them. She looked to the approaching shore and hoped the worst was behind them, but felt a pit start to drop in her stomach as she remembered and she knew there would be worse.
She could not allow their deaths, but in the end it would rely on her being quick enough for her to be able to stop any of them and she promised herself she would die trying. Just the the boat crunched against the shore and she took that as her cue to get out of the boat and into knee deep water. The other dwarves also got that notion too and Vanya had to stop Kili from getting out.
“You don’t want to infect that anymore do you?” she said pointedly. And he sat back down as they pushed the boat right onto the shore.
He looked at her with a grin on his face, “May I get out now miss?” she shook her head but smiled despite herself, which he caught and made him smile more.
Fili turned to his brother, “You good to walk?” and Kili gave a nod as he walked away from the boat.
Bofur watched as Kili walk with barely a limp and smiled at Vanya, “I say miss you did a good job,” Vanya smiled back
Oin walked past him and gave her a smile, “Elf healing, the best there is.” She nodded at him slightly grinning now and feeling a possible kinship form between them all, well she hoped so she liked these dwarves and hoped one day to live with them all in the mountain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry I guess maybe one week late is kind of okay, but any who here it is. I just had to check it over make sure it was decent enough :) hopefully its not too bad thanks for reading and sticking with me so far!