Threat

Mothers Know Best

I can’t sleep.

I’m back on the couch – but not for the usual reason.

I don’t want to leave tomorrow.

I didn’t have to worry about anything here.
I’m surrounded by friends and family.

I was free to talk to everyone.
I was free to leave and go anywhere with anyone, especially with Michael.


My cheeks heat up at the thought of him.

“Do you plan to go to bed anytime soon?”

I turned towards the voice coming from the stairs – Mom.

“I couldn’t sleep.”
She came down the stairs and sat down next to me, placing a hand onto my shoulder.

“Well, actually…I’m glad that you’re up. I wanted to have a talk with you. Just between you and me.”

“Okay.”

She sighed, gently squeezing my shoulder.

“When Michael came here for Thanksgiving, he told me about your current…living situation.”
I tensed up.

She paused for a moment.

“Why didn’t you see this coming, Tyler?! Why didn’t I see this coming?! The thought of my baby getting abused on a day-to-day basis…and the fact that you wouldn’t tell anyone about it! Even your own family, Tyler!”

She paused again to wipe the tears from her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Mom. I didn’t want anyone to worry about me.”

“Still…! You should have told us! What if she badly injured you, or even killed you?! The only one who would have been able to help you to some degree is Michael! Do you even know how much he loves you, Tyler?! The boy changed his whole college and career plans and moved to California just to make sure that you would be okay…!”

I swallowed thickly.

“He…He really did that for me…?”
“I was surprised too, but I knew he was in his right mind to do so.”

Another pause.

“Why…? Why do you stay with her, knowing what she’s doing to you?”
I bit down on my lip.

“Because if I don’t…she’ll…she’ll do something to herself that we’ll both regret…”
“…She’s threatening you with suicide, isn’t she?”

I nodded, trying to hold back the tears.

“Tyler, listen to me. I know that I have raised you well. You were a great student with a kind heart and a selfless attitude towards everyone you met. But right now, in this situation, you need to be selfish. Your life is your own, not hers, but you let her take it from you. Well, now is the time that you take your life back. Leave her and let her kill herself. It’ll be her own damn fault, not yours.”

She pulled me into a tight hug.

“I love you, Tyler.”
“I love you too, Mom.”

She pulled away and stood up, walking back towards the stairs.

“Go to bed and get some rest, okay?”
“Okay…”

“Also, I’m not trying to play matchmaker or anything, but…I would give Michael a chance. He loves you very much, and I can tell that you feel the same way. At least a little.”

And she was up the stairs, back into the guest bedroom.

I followed her example and walked to where Michael’s room was, quietly sneaking inside and climbing into the bed with him.

He instantly rolled over and wrapped an arm around me.

“I was wondering when you’d finally come to bed…”
“You were awake this whole time, waiting for me?”

He kissed me on the lips for a quick second.

“Of course, Fucktard.”

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, snuggling into his chest.

“…I love you, Tyler.”

I finally managed to close my eyes.

“I love you too, Micah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ayyyy an update, lovelies! (from the phone again eheheh)
silent hearts., Don'tFearTheReaper, kaylelle <3
'Til the next chapter!