Threat

Bruised

Ten hours.
Ten long, agonizing hours, sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting to hear about Tyler’s condition.

I should have stayed with him that night.
I should have come to the house sooner.

I shouldn’t have trusted his words about that abusive, possessive, psychotic bitch.


“Excuse me? Sir?”

I looked up, seeing a woman with a clipboard in her arms.

“You’re here for a Mr. …Tyler Carter, correct?”
“Yes…! Is he okay?!”

“Even though many of his injuries are flesh wounds and bruises, a couple of ribs were broken. The fractures are not life-threatening, but he will have to take it easy for about three to four weeks.”

“So…he’s going to be okay…?”
“Yes. He just needs some rest right now.”

I sighed in relief as I sat back in the chair.

“If you don’t mind me asking…who did this to him? ...I saw the dark marks around his neck.”

I grit my teeth together before speaking.

“I know exactly who did it—”
“Excuse me. I’m looking for someone: Tyler Carter—?”

Both the woman and I looked toward the voice; I quickly recognized the long black hair and piercing green eyes – there was a dark bruise on her cheek.

I stood up immediately.

“Do not let her anywhere near him!”
“How dare you?! First, you take my boyfriend away from me after assaulting me, and now you have the nerve to keep him away from me?!”

“You broke his arm and his ribs! You’ve beaten him down since day one! I saved him! And will continue to protect him and keep him from you!”

Lucky, the woman caught on and quietly called for security.

“I won’t let him take you from me…He’s mine! Do you understand?! I love him! I need him with me!”

I stepped forward, towering over her as the blood boiled in my veins – she shrunk back slightly.

“Wake the fuck up! What you were doing isn’t love, Marcia! You’ve beaten him down and threatened him with abuse and suicide, making sure that he would be too afraid to leave you! You never asked if he wanted any of this. You never thought about how badly this was affecting him. You never loved Tyler! You only used him to keep yourself alive. He doesn’t need this bullshit, and he certainly does not need you to cause anymore of it.”

Marcia was speechless, and the security guards had come for her.

“Ma’am, I’m afraid we have to ask you to leave.”
The woman spoke up again.

Tears fell from Marcia’s eyes as the two guards gently grabbed a hold of her arms, leading her down the hall.

I sighed as I ran my hands through my hair.

“M-May I see him…? Please?”

| x | x | x |

Deep, purple marks. Dark red lines.
Dark circles under eyes and a slit on the lips, still red.

Band-Aids and gauze placed on most of the cuts and gashes.
Bandages wrapped around his head and right arm. A green cast on his left arm.

Compression wrap and more bandages wrapped around his torso.


I came close to where he rested, gently placing a hand onto his cheek.

“I don’t know if you can hear me…but…I’m sorry. I’m so sorry that I let this happen to you again…! I should have…!”

I stopped when I saw him moving slightly.

“M-Marcia…Please don’t…Don’t hurt…anymore…”

He gripped the sheets as tears fell from his eyes.
I quickly moved my hand to his hair, gently running my fingers through it.

“Shh…It’s okay, Tyler. It’s me. It’s Micah…”

He calmed down, relaxing into the touch – like he always does.
I couldn’t stop the tears that were falling from my eyes this time.

“Everything is going to be fine. Marcia’s gone, okay? She won’t hurt you anymore.”

I pressed a kiss to his forehead.

“I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
*standing ovation for Marcia's shut down by Michael*
And here's an update, lovelies!
silent hearts. <3
'Til the next chapter!