Status: One Shot// Completed

Dance With Me, Vic

Part 1

The music filled the studio loud and clear as Vic watched him dance. The way his body moved to the sound of the sweet classical music was amazing. The studio was empty except for Vic, who was casually walking by and stopped to see what was going on. Vic noticed the boy from his Chemistry class, the quiet one who sat by himself most of the time, the one who was also never talked to anyone but the teachers. He wasn’t bullied or anything, he was just there. Kevin was his name? Who knows. Vic didn’t even know why he was still here watching the boy move his hips slowly to the music, but he did know he didn’t want to leave. He took this time to finally notice how beautiful he was, how his black silked hair seemed to mix perfectly with his pale skin. After a few more minutes, the boy did a quick spin, causing him to turn around and notice Vic watching him. The boy stopped in his tracks, his eyes wide with fear.

“What are you doing here?” The raven haired boy spoke quietly.

“I-I um.” Vic stuttered, not really knowing what to say.

“Go ahead, make fun of me. I don’t care.” He said sadly, causing Vic’s heart to crack.

“What? I’m not going to do that. It was actually very beautiful.” Vic told him, walking a little closer to the boy.

“Oh don’t patronize me Vic, I’m not in the mood.” He snapped. Ooh sassy, just what makes Vic more interested in the guy.

“Say, you know my name, can I know yours?” Vic asked, ignoring the fact that he was snapped at.

“Kellin.” He spoke, getting ready for the upcoming humiliation.

“Hi Kellin, now I will say it again. Your dancing was quite breath taking. If I may ask, what were you dancing to?” Vic asked him. Kellin stood there shocked. He was never expecting this conversation to happen, he didn't know how to react. Kellin was the quiet kid while Vic was..well Vic. He'd never thought they would see each other outside of school, he'd never expect someone to watch him dance and not laugh about it.

"Um it's a cover of a song, I just altered it." Kellin spoke, his voice still shaky around the stranger.

"Really? It's amazing, what's it called?" Vic asked, his eyes lighting up the way a child’s eyes light up on christmas day.

"It's called Iris." Kellin answered. By now, he was already getting irritated with waiting. He wanted Vic to just laugh at him and leave him alone, but that wasn't happening. "Vic, why are you here pretending to be interested. Tomorrow you'll tell all your friends that you saw me dancing and then I'll be humiliated. So why don't you just get on with it already." Kellin bursted out, surprising himself and Vic with his sudden outburst.

“Kellin relax, I’m not going to humiliate you. I’m not a jackass okay?” Vic snapped back, his annoyance growing by the minute. It was true though, Vic wasn’t a jerk and he didn’t like being accused of being one. “Look I know we’ve never talked before, but that’s because we’re two different people and shit but I’m trying now. I don’t know what happened that made you have trust issues but if I was going to laugh at you I probably would have done it already. Now stop being a dick to me.” Vic told Kellin, taking a big breath after his speech. The room fills with silence and Vic can’t help but let his eyes linger as he waits for Kellin to answer him. His eyes roam around the brightly lit studio, to the mirrors where he can clearly see himself standing impatiently.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you. It’s just, I’m not used to this.” Kellin spoke softly, taking a seat on of the bleachers set to the side. Vic followed him, sitting right beside Kellin on the bleachers.

“Used to what? Someone watching you dance, or not used to being rude?” Vic asked with a hint guilt after realizing what he said.

“I’m not used to someone being this nice to me Vic.” Kellin sighed, getting up from his spot and walking over to his things. He started to pack things up when an idea popped into Vic’s mind.

“Wait! Kellin.” Vic yelled as he ran over to him.

“What?” Kellin asked, still packing things into his bag.

“Teach me.” Vic demanded, Kellin’s eyes going wide at the statement.

“What?” Kellin asked again.

“Teach me how to dance, please.” Vic asked politely. He wasn’t so sure why he asked but for some reason, he was actually fond of the idea.

“It’s getting kind of late.” Kellin tried excusing himself, but Vic wasn’t allowing it.

“Tomorrow then?” Vic questioned. Kellin knew there was no point in arguing with the short boy anymore so he might as well give in to his pleads.

“Fine, tomorrow. Be here tomorrow at 4pm sharp, if you’re late I will go home. Oh and also, come alone.” Kellin told Vic before leaving the studio. There was no rational explanation to why the butterflies in Vic’s stomach were fluttering more than they ever have, but he chose to ignore it. That night Vic went home and talked to his parents about the events of that day. His mom thought it was a wonderful idea, his father thought otherwise.

“What’s this dancing nonsense you’re talking about?” Mr.Fuentes spoke, causing Vic to roll his eyes. He would never get his approval for anything other than music.

“Look Pa, it’s just something small okay? I want to do something outside of music.” Vic argued back, but it didn’t seem to be getting past his father.

“It’s not like I’m going to give up on music. I still love guitar with all my heart, I just really want to try it. I’m just letting you know that this is what I’m going to do instead of having you wonder where I am.” Vic told his parents before heading to his room. A few minutes after, his little brother Mike walked into his room, placing himself on the other side of Vic’s bed.

“You know, I think it’s good that you want to take up dancing. Something no one would expect, I think it will be good for you.” Mike spoke, giving Vic a small smile.

“Thanks bro, means a lot. It’s just something about Kellin makes me want to learn. I don’t know.” Vic said sheepishly. His brother already knew he was gay, in fact his whole family did. He doesn’t have a problem with it either, he’s very open about his sexuality.

“I think that your head is telling you to go for the dance, but your heart really wants to go for Kellin.” Mike said before walking out the room. That night Vic fell asleep with thoughts of Kellin and his dance to Iris on his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was originally a Frerard so Im currently going back and editing everything because I forgot to change the names.

-Lissy c: