Status: One Shot// Completed

Dance With Me, Vic

Part 2

The next day Vic couldn’t sit still in any of his classes, he was too excited about later on. He didn’t know why it was having this much of an affect on him, or maybe it was just because Kellin’s starting to like him and Vic hates when people dislike him so maybe that’s the reason he’s so happy. In Chemistry, Kellin and Vic shared moments of eye contact without saying a single word to each other, which only made Vic want class to finish earlier. As soon as the clock it 3:30, Vic zoomed out of the building and went straight to the studio he met Kellin at yesterday. He had purposely put on comfortable clothes this morning so he wouldn’t waste time anytime changing. When he arrived, he noticed that it was empty. Good he arrived there before Kellin. He decided to sit on one of the bleachers as he waited, letting his thoughts roam wild. Why the hell was he doing this? This is nothing like Vic! Not once has he been interested in dancing, so what brought upon this sudden interest? It couldn’t be Kellin could it? I mean the blue eyed boy was attractive no doubt about it, but that couldn’t be the only reason? Was Mike right? After pondering the idea for awhile, Vic decided it was the beauty of the dance calling his attention. Not Kellin. He was soon taken out of his thoughts by the sound of a door slamming shut. Before he knew it, Kellin stood before him, eyes wide with disbelief.

“Oh..you actually showed up?” Kellin asked, more to himself than to Vic.

“Uh yeah, you said 4 so here I am.” Vic spoke a bit too eagerly. Kellin sighed, mumbling something to himself before walking to the center.

“Alright then, let’s get started.” Kellin said, sitting himself on the floor with his legs spread out wide. Vic’s eyes widened, what the hell was he doing?

“Umm?” Vic questioned out loudly.

“Stretch Vic. You can’t dance without stretching, you could strain a muscle and hurt yourself. It’s much like playing sports.” Kellin explained to him, making Vic’s demeanor go from ‘okay this is cool’ to ‘wow you’re a dumbass.’ Vic followed Kellin to the floor, stretching out his muscles, following Kellin’s moves. It wasn’t until Kellin leaned forward to touch his toes, that Vic wanted to give up. When Kellin realized Vic didn’t move, he looked up from his position and glared at the shorter boy.

“Why’d you stop?” Kellin asked, actually concerned that Vic may have sprained something.

“I can’t touch my toes.” He admitted. This caused Kellin to chuckle. Vic the ‘oh so confident’ smart ass became shy over something as small as not being able to touch his toes.

“It’s alright Vic, you don’t have to go all the way. It took me a few years before I was able to. Anyways, I think we’re done with stretching for the day. Why don’t we move straight ahead into the dancing?” Kellin rambled, hopping up and lending out his hand for Vic to grab.

“Uh sure?” Vic said, wondering what caused this sudden change in Kellin. It’s like the roles were switched.

“Okay well, I assume you want to skip straight into the Iris dance. Am I correct?” Kellin asked, walking over to his iphone that was hooked up to the speakers.

“Yes.” Vic replied quickly.

“Now usually, I wouldn’t let that happen because dance is well.. it’s an art. It’s a step by step process and trying to fit in everything in one day will take too long and if I’m being honest... I like my alone time.” Kellin said bluntly.

“If it’s a step by step process, why are you starting me off with the Iris dance?” Vic asked, confused at what Kellin is doing.

“Well I feel like it would be amusing to me. Anyways, let’s get started.” He said hitting play before letting the room fill with the beautiful lyrics.

“Alright, so first you put your hands to the side, like this." He said, demonstrating for me. "Then you put your left leg in front of your right and twirl." He said as he twirled around. Vic watched in awe, the way Kellin’s hair flew in the air, landing in his face.

"Now you do it." Kellin ordered in a soft tone, snapping Vic out of his daydream. Vic nodded, placing his hands above his head and twirling.

"Not bad, the twirling always used to trip me up." Kellin chuckled at himself. "Now next is basically jumping with your foot in the air. It sounds difficult, but trust me it's pretty easy." Kellin explained.

Vic watched as Kellin jumped with his foot high up in the air, touching his toe in the process. Almost like a cheerleader, except this jump wasn't straight up. Kellin leaned to the side when he jumped and Vic immediately knew that he would fall performing such an action. When Kellin gave Vic the okay to do so, he attempted the jump. Although he tried, he failed.

"It's kind of hard." Vic said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. Kellin found that quite adorable. “Plus I already told you I can’t touch my toes.” Vic blushed.

"Well that's okay, it was only your first time. Try it again, practice makes perfect." Kellin reassured him, giving him a little bit of hope. Vic sighed before trying again, and again, and again. Each try he continued to fail, no doubt he failed every time. Why couldn't he get a stupid jump correct? His leg wouldn't even go up that high so maybe that was a reason?

"Ugh just forget it. Can we try something else?" He asked Kellin, clearly agitated with his failure. Kellin gave him a sad smile before shaking his head.

“It’s actually pretty late Vic, you can come back tomorrow though and I’ll be happy enough to help you with everything else.” Kellin said, a smile plastered on his face. He didn’t want to admit it, but he liked having someone else interested in his weird dance things.

“Alright, thanks Kellin. See you tomorrow.” Vic said before getting his stuff and leaving the studio.

“Wait Vic!” Kellin yelled after the short hispanic. When Vic turned around, Kellin slipped the piece of paper into his hand before heading back into the studio. Vic looked down at the paper, smiling at the digits written in messy handwriting.

Ever since that first session, Vic and Kellin met up every day at the studio once school was over. They even became good friends in school which surprised some people considering Kellin doesn’t talk to anyone. No one had a problem with it, it was just out of the ordinary. But there he was, laughing with Vic in the back of class and in the hallway. Of course he didn’t change fully, there were some times he would just push everyone away, but Vic would refuse to let himself be one of those people. No one knew about their dance sessions, mainly because it was none of their business. Vic was Kellin’s best friend and Kellin was Vic’s. It was an awkward pair, but it worked out. It was a few weeks before winter break and the boys were meeting up for another session. Vic had gotten way better at learning the moves, but he still messes up at times. Today, the boys were working on the chorus part of the dance and how they should make it better.

“Alright when the chorus comes up, I want you to let yourself be free. Stop being so tense and allow the music to control you.” Kellin told him.

“How do I do that?” Vic asked.

“Watch me.” Kellin spoke, and that’s exactly what Vic did.

And I don’t want the world to see me,
Cause I don’t think they’d understand.
When everything’s meant to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.

It would be an understatement to say that Vic got lost in music, he got lost in Kellin. The way his body spun perfectly to the song, the way he moved his body like no one was watching. He looked truly beautiful, his eyes closed and his mind somewhere in neverland. Kellin looked peaceful when he danced and it warmed Vic’s heart. That’s when Vic decided that he actually did have an infatuation with his best friend and it hurt more than ever. He couldn’t let this happen, Vic doesn’t like crushes. Vic hates catching feelings because he always gets hurt. He didn’t want to hurt both himself or Kellin, he couldn’t go on with this anymore.

“Um I have to go.” Vic said quickly before grabbing his stuff and running out of the studio. Kellin stood there confused, but more importantly hurt. He had no clue why Vic would randomly leave, without saying goodbye. He figured he would wait until later to ask, not wanting to overwhelm his best friend.

At 8:00pm, Kellin laid on his bed typing out his text to Vic.

Hey Vic, why’d you leave so quick? I would’ve asked you sooner but I didn’t know if you were upset or not so I thought it’d be good to let you calm down.

He put his phone down and continued his homework he had gotten that day which wasn’t much. He kept looking back at his phone, hoping the screen would light up with a text notification from Vic. Kellin should know better than to get his hopes up.

At 9:00pm, Kellin has finished his homework and still hasn’t received a text from Vic. He starts to worry, and it’s never good when Kellin worries.

Vic, why aren’t you answering? Are you okay? Please tell me what’s wrong. I’m worried.

Another hour passed and it’s now 10:00pm when he receives a message from Vic.

Kellin, I don’t think we can be friends anymore. I’m sorry, please don’t text back, you’ll make things harder than it has to be.

And although Kellin wanted to do nothing but scream at Vic, he obliged his decision. He didn’t understand why Vic didn’t want to be his friend all of a sudden and it caused him to breakdown. His anxiety was slowly creeping up on him, his breathing becoming erratic as he almost drowned in his tears. This is why Kellin never made friends, they always leave. He didn’t know how he could be so stupid to let Vic in. He promised to not let anyone else in after Matty’s death because it hurt too much. He promised himself and now he’s back where he started. Alone.

8 blocks away from Kellin’s house, was a small house that held a hispanic boy crying his eyes out as well. He didn’t think it would be hard to just let Kellin go like that, fuck he didn’t even want to. But his feelings would’ve ruined every part of their friendship and he didn’t want that to happen. He had to end it before it could get worse. Before it could hurt more. If it hurt this bad now, imagine the pain they would’ve felt if it continued.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you're liking it so far!

-Lissy c: