Status: Complete ~ Enjoy c;

Bulletproof

My Love For You Was Bulletproof... But You're The One Who Shot Me

Kellin's Point of View:

I remember that day. The day that was the start of everything: the start of us. From that day forward, my life finally took a turn for the best, literally...

Living alone with my abusive father is hell. I'm so sick of waking up dreading living in this world. Like most mornings he's fucking drunk, which only means the verbal abuse will be twice as bad and I'll possibly have few cuts leaving the house. Ever since my mother left years ago, after being fed up with his abuse, things have got worse. I can no longer cower away behind my mother's protection against him. She left, leaving only a brief note. Messy handwriting scattered along the folded paper read an explanation for leaving, an apology, and a few words of that get me through most days. She couldn't stand the constant abuse that was wearing her down physically and mentally each day, and I understand that. The thought that always seems to cross my mind though was: Why? Why did she leave me behind with this horror of a human being? I could have possibly lived without these bruises and scars consuming every inch of my frail body. I could have woken up each morning without a fear of not making it through the day. I could have been happy.

I felt the familiarity of tears prickling at my eyes as he slurred words along the lines of 'You still haven't killed yourself... you worthless piece of shit' . I quickly wiped them away before another set of discouraging words escaped his mouth. The usual phrase still stinging like a bee. 'You're a pathetic faggot.' He continued as tears reappeared, this time they were seemingly impossible to stop. 'You cry just like your weak mother. You're a mistake just like her too.' I just cry knowing that if I defended myself, it would only be worse.

He took a swig of his bottle before darting it at me. I moved away quickly, just missing it. My reflexes have picked up over the years, knowing that he could severely injure me with one good hit. I was fast at grabbing my school bag off of the kitchen chair and making my way to the door. My hand reached for the knob, but was quickly pinned to the door along with the rest of my body.

'Your ass better be in school today, or I'll give you a reason for not being there.' I gulped and nodded, complying with him. I have been skipping school a lot to avoid getting more abuse at school. I hate almost every single person in my school. They beat me up constantly for no reason besides the fact that they can and that I'm gay.

Everyone found out about my sexuality when a popular guy named Matty overheard my conversation with Jenna, one of the only people I like in this school, about having a crush on him. He spread the word that I like guys to his friends, which ending up with taunting from nearly everyone. Afterwards, some jerks on the football team decided that it would be nice to spray paint the word 'fag' on my front door, which was easily acknowledged by my horrid excuse for a father.

Ever since then its been a sempiternal cycle of hurtful words and daily beatings. I am surprised most days that I'm even still alive after this constant torture. I try my best to escape it, but some days I don't even see the point in doing so because my father will probably end up killing me one day anyways.

He hates me. He doesn't normally give a shit where I'm at and if I go to school. Most of the times he's happy to see me out of the house. I don't even have to ask him though to know why he wants me to go today. After so many unexcused absences from the school, they call child services to investigate the situation. If they found out that he's not taking care of me properly, they will take me away to foster care and he won't receive child support any longer. Which means no more money to spend drinking his life away. I would tell them about my home conditions, but I know my father would get me before I even had the chance to do so. I just keep my mouth shut, praying for my 18th birthday and the last day of my senior year to come sooner so I can't escape this hell.

'2 more years, just 2 more years.' I mutter to myself as I walk out the door. I make make my way down the driveway and decide that I should listen to some music on the way there. I pull my cd player from my bag and begin playing a Linkin Park cd. Before I put it away I check the time on it. Oh shit. I have about 7 minutes to get there.
I run as fast as I can, but quickly realize that if i want to get there on time then I'll have to take a shorter route. I make a right at the end of the street and continue my way there. A few minutes later, I find myself about a block away from the school. When I make the final turn into the entrance of the school, I suddenly run into something- or someone. The collision caused us both to stumble and I managed to fall flat on my butt. I wince a bit because of landing on one of my recent bruises, but I quickly recover so the person doesn't question it. Speaking of the person, I don't know exactly who they are..

I look up to find a short muscular tan boy who looks slightly older than me. He has long wavy brown hair, which is covered partially by a beanie, and brown eyes. He's wearing skinny jeans and a tee shirt and overall he's really attractive. He frowns a bit and is quick to mutter a sorry as he helps me up.

'Are you okay?'

'Yeah, I'm fine. It's my fault, I was in a rush.'

'Nah, it was mine. I wasn't watching where I was going. I'm Vic, by the way. I'm new here so..' He trails his words off.

'Kellin.' I smile and hold out a hand to shake. Normally I'm not this sociable with people, but he's nice and new. He hasn't shown any hatred towards me and plus he's cute. I mean what else can I say?

'Well Kellin, I don't know about you, but I have to head go before I'm late.'

I nodded and we ran to the front doors right before the first bell rang. Vic ran into the school office I assume to get his schedule or something and I headed off to my locker to get my things for the day. Of course, during my journey down the hall multiple papers were thrown at me and the usual insulting words filled my ears. I arrive to my locker to find it covered in papers that say 'emo', 'fag', 'worthless', etc. I rip them off and throw them away in the nearby trash can like I have been doing for the past year. Sometimes I feel like just keeping them up because they are true anyways, but today I already have heard and seen those words enough. What a lovely start to another day of hell.

↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑

After my morning classes and two minor beatings, I finally make my way to my lunch period. I head straight to my table and sit down in my normal spot alone. I don't even bother getting lunch anymore because it always ends up all over me within the first five minutes and its disgusting anyways. I lay my head on the table and pull my hood up. Often I catch a few minutes of sleep doing this period, but I was interrupted today by the sound of a tray being set down on the table. Ugh, can't these people just leave me in peace for one damn moment.

'Look if your gonna hurt me, just do it tomorrow or som-'

I cut myself off when I look up to see who was bothering me. My eyes met his brown ones and we just stared at each other for a moment before he spoke.

'Sorry if I was bothering you. I just really don't know anyone here and you seemed nice and-'

I cut him by laughing slightly at his rambling.

'Its fine. You can sit here if you want.' I said and smiled.

'Okay thanks... so what did you exactly mean by like someone... hurting you'

My smile shifted into a frown and I looked down slightly, well I better warn him.

'Uhm yeah.. about that...' I mumble. I look back up to him and he's giving me a look to continue my explanation.

'You might not want to hang around me anymore. I don't want you to get hurt like me. You should probably go before someone notices you talking to me.' I tell him.

'Why shouldn't I hang around you anymore? Why do people hurt you or want to hurt you.'

We'll I might as well tell him now so he leaves before I become close him.

'People hate me and do shit to me because they are assholes and I'm gay.'

He doesn't say anything for a second so I just mumble, 'It's fine if you hate me now too, you can just hang ou-'

'I'm not going to leave you. I'm gay too and you're too nice for me to hate you.' I hesitantly smile with a feeling that Vic will be sticking around for a while.

After that day, Vic and I were stuck like glue. We became best friends and the only times we left each others' side was during the periods that we had different classes.

I still got bullied and they tried to hurt Vic a lot too, but he often defended me and himself. That boy may be small, but damn he was strong. Vic was like a deer. Most people found him to be innocent and weak; but when they get too close to his territory, he did not hesitate to attack them in order to protect us.

When I was around him, I felt safe and secure. It was like me and him against the world. Almost as if we we're unstoppable together, it felt like we could almost do anything with each other.

He was like the sunshine in my skies that were filled with dark clouds. I finally felt the feeling of happiness for the first time in my life. He was my happiness.

He turned my frown, that I thought would be permanently etched into my face, into a smile. A smile that I hadn't seen in the mirror for years. Just the thought of him spread warmth throughout my body and my heart jolted a bit. I remember whispering to myself: he's my everything.

And that's when I realized, I just didn't like him as a friend anymore.

I loved him.

A few weeks after my realization, he asked me to hang out after school. At that point there, I decided that I would tell him how I felt that day. That day we became the closest, I feel, that two friends could possibly be with each other. I told him everything and he told me everything too. We were completely open books...

'Kellsssss, we should hang out today.' Vic nagged me right as we exit the school doors.

'We should, Viccypoooooo' I said back, using the pet name that I know annoys the shit out of him.

He playfully punched me in the shoulder and I just smirked.

'We should hang out at your house though this time. I've known you for months now and I still haven't hung out with you there.'

I was kind of hesitant for the past few months to take him to my house because of my father. He doesn't know about my father yet. I'm scared of what he would do to him if he saw us hanging out; I really don't want to know what would happen. Well he's going to have to come over sometime, or else he might get suspicious.

'Sure, we can hang out at my my house.' I replied somewhat still unsure.

We walked to my house, shoulder to shoulder like we always do and made it to my front door. I told him to wait there while I check something. Little did he know I checking for my fathers presence. He gave me a puzzled look but went along with it nonetheless. I look in the living room quickly, the place he's normally passed out at, and he's not there. He must be at the bar still.

I go back to the front door and motion for Vic to come in, which he complies to. We head over to my bedroom and Vic sits on my bed while I put on some Nirvana. I sit down crisscross facing him on the bed. He slightly smiles at me and I smile back and bow my head down. I feel his hand rest on my cheek and he lifts my head back up so I can look directly at him.

'Look at me, I love to see your beautiful smile.' I can feel my cheeks begin to burn red at his complement. My eyes peer into his and I decide that I can't put this off any longer.

'Vic, I have to tell you something.'

He looked at me waiting for me to continue.

'I don't know how else to really say it, and I understand if you don't feel the same way, but I really like you. I mean like really really like you...'

I whisper the last part, 'Vic, I love you.'

I can't bare to look at him anymore and my eyes trail down again. I feel a tear escape and it runs down my cheek. Suddenly the tear is gently wiped away by his thumb and I look back up into his eyes. I notice his lips form into a smile before they are softly placed against mine. I move my lips in sync with his as we close our eyes. He trails his hands down to my lower back and I place mine on his shoulders and neck. He lightly pushes me down onto the bed and gets on top of me.

We kiss passionately and all I can think of at this point is how I never want his lips to leave mine. They make me feel whole, complete. Like all I'll ever need in this life is by best friend's lips upon mine. I just need his body close to mine and everything will be okay. I feel like if the world ended, I would be satisfied with my shit life ending in this beautiful kiss. I want this moment to last forever.

Sadly the kiss stopped when we began to find it hard to breathe and Vic took the chance to speak up.

'Kellin, I've been wanting to tell you the same thing for the past few weeks.'

A smile appeared on both of our faces and I pecked his lips.

He rested his forehead upon mine and whispered, 'You're so perfect, beautiful, inside and out.'

'No, I think you're talking about yourself there.' I told him before we reattached our lips.

Butterflies move throughout my stomach as we kiss, everything feels almost surreal. It's like I'm living one of my dreams, a dream I hope to never wake up from. But likewise to my dreams, it ends. The kiss was faltered when I heard a slamming of the door. I quickly moved out from under Vic and straightened up my clothes.

I was fast to whisper-shout, 'Vic! Quickly hide in here.'

I pushed him into my closet that had an open space. I said, 'Be quiet and don't come out. No matter what, wait until I say it's okay to come out.'

Right as I shut the closet door my father barges into the room.

'Wonderful, your worthless piece of crap is home.' He grins evilly before throwing a punch to my stomach. I wasn't expecting it, so I ended up falling to the ground. He repeatedly kicked me in torso while I begin to curl up into a ball in hopes of trying to protect myself. I keep my arms over my head to protect my face and head from receiving any bruises that could be visible later or a concussion. I just waited there for several minutes while he continued to throw kicks and punches at me. I just hope and pray that Vic doesn't come out like I asked him to. I don't need him getting hurt by my father.

Slowly the beating comes to an end and my father leaves the room.

'Vic..' I weakly croak.

He immediately opens the closet door and rushes to my side.

'Holy shit Kellin, are you okay? Was that your father?'

He carefully picks me up and sits me down on the bed. I nod, unable to speak because I'm still shook up.

After I calmed down, I explained to Vic everything that has happened in my past. My mother. My father. Matty. Everything.

He just sat there with a worried and pitiful expression on his face. After it all he just hugged me lightly since I was still hurt. I could tell he wanted to hold me tighter, but he really couldn't. He just rested his head on my shoulder and I did the same to him. He kissed my collarbone lightly. It wasn't in a suggestive way, just a soothing way. I felt tears drip over my shoulder as I lightly wrapped my arms around his waist. I love you so much, Vic.

'I love you too, Kellin.'

Did I just speak that out loud?

'Yes, yes you did.'

'Oh god that too.' We both giggle until Vic's expression turned serious again.

'Kellin, can I ask you something?'

'Anything.'

'Well it's actually two things.'

'Sure.'

'One: Will you go out with me?'

He waited for my reply where I answered him with a kiss and an 'of course.'

He smiled but frowned again when I assume he thought of the second thing he was going to ask.

And of course my thoughts are correct.

'Kellin, why do you have this?' He says as he holds up the sharp silver object that I haven't touched since the day before I met him. My blade. He must have found it in my hiding spot in the closet. Tears appeared in my eyes and I just covered my face with my hands.

'Im-I'm sorr-ry. I swear I haven't-t touched it since I met you. I didn't have any other release. I just need to feel pain, pain that I was in control over. I needed a distraction-n from everything. I'm so sorry-ry.'

He just pulled my head into his chest and whispered, 'Sh..sh. It's alright. Darling, you'll be okay.'

After I calmed down again and my tears dried, he suddenly sat up.

'I want to show you something, Kells'

He stood right in front of me and began to take his shirt off.

'What ar-'

'Just let me show you something.'

Once he took it off completely, I saw them. Hundreds of them. Lines scattered along his stomach, hip bones, shoulders. He them began to undo his belt and unbutton his jeans. He pulled them down, revealing more scars. There we're small ones that were barely noticeable along with other ones that were deeper and more prominent. I gasp at the sight as tears run down both of our faces.

I slowly stand up and walk up to him.

'I know how you feel, I've been through it too.'

I hugged him like there was no tomorrow and just silently cried into his shoulder.

He told me his story and how his brother looked up to him, so he stopped. He told me how hard it was before me and how he felt so much better when he met me.

Vic later asked that day if I would stay with his family until after high school. I told him that I couldn't, because I would get in trouble. I told him I'll just wait it off until graduation which was about a year and a half away from that point.

He also asked me if I wanted to come out with our relationship in public right away. I made it clear that I did not. I didn't want Vic to get bullied more than he already was. If we would have came out then, they wouldn't have even hesitated to stay away from us any longer. I was the only person in that school that was known to be gay, so they didn't know Vic was gay. If they found out, they would have just called him a faggot and beat us both up. I was used to the abuse, but Vic wasn't and I didn't want him to get hurt.

Little did I know, we'd both end up hurting even more from that decision.

I was secretly planning to hold off coming out till after school was over which was still a year and a halfway. A year after the decision was made, Vic was starting to lose patience...

'Vic.' I said firmly after he walked out of the school without me. I chased after him until we were about 3 blocks away from school. I kept calling out for him and he finally turned around.

'What!?' He shouted. Tears rimmed my eyes when he yelled at me.

'Look, I'm sorry! I'm just not ready yet.'

'Kellin. It's been a year. One year! Isn't that enough? All I want to be able to do is show my love for you anywhere. I don't want to be stuck at home being able to only give affection to you there. Why can't we come out!?'

'Because I just ca-'

'You know what, just save it. Stop telling me we can't. What's the point in even dating when I can't actually go out on dates with you? School is one thing, but you don't even want to go out in public with me in fear that someone may see! Are you ashamed of being with me or something or? Because it seems that way, and I don't want to stay with someone who is ashamed of being with me.'

He didn't understand that he could get hurt. Doesn't he care at all?

Before I can even say anything, he left me.

Weeks passed and we didn't speak to each other. I barely saw him anymore and I felt completely lost.

The abuse got worse without him, worse than ever before. Every part of my body ached, but my heart was the thing that hurt the worse. Not the mental pain. Not the physical pain. But the heartache.

It's been a month now and I still sit here the same way I did then. I think about the times we had together often, like I find myself doing now. I hope and wait for his return into my life, but I'm giving up hope. I promised myself that if he didn't speak by one month later then I would just be done...

I dragged myself to school in the morning. The bell rang as I arrived, so I scurried my way to my locker. I ignored the usual papers on the front and opened it. I grabbed the things I would need for today's class and headed to homeroom.

Period One began and the teacher started to ramble on about class notes. I ignored her, it's just pointless shit I don't need anyways.

This period was always my worst class of the day. The class was composed of all of my tormenters and the stupid fucking teacher who apparently doesn't know how to do her job properly.

I sunk my head down into my arms on the desk, staring off into the darkness of my sweatshirt.

Now, I just waited for the moment the teacher calle- 'Kellin! Since you think you can still learn the content with your head down, you can go answer question number four on the board.'

I surprised the old hag by smiling and saying, 'I'd love to.' instead of my normal scoffing response.

I waked up to the door in the front of the room and locked it, turning around to see the confused teacher who was sitting at her desk and was about to get up.

'What ar-' She began to mumble but quickly fell dead silent as I pulled out the gun from my pocket and turned off the safety.

'No one move or talk, or I'll shoot.'

'Hello everyone, I'm Kellin. Many of you may know me as your victim of abuse. Well today you will see what it's like when the tables are turned. Many of you bully me for being different, for something I can't change. And some of you just do it to do it. I don't know your reasoning for abusing me, but I know my reasoning for abusing all of you. You ruined my life. Every last one of you. The only thing I've been holding on to for the past year is my boyfriend Vic. Yes, that's right, the one person that has a heart in this school and actually defended me. Even if you didn't directly abuse me, you still did by not stoping your fellow classmate from doing so. It makes you just as guilty. Now I don't have him though. Do you want to know why, honestly? I didn't want to go public; because I knew that if I did, the abuse would only get worse for both of us. You guys couldn't just let us be happy for once, could you? What did we ever do to you? I just want you to take a moment to think about this. Imagine what it would be like if someone ruined your life. I could simply ruin your life by pulling this trigger on you. In a moment, your life could be over, ruined. Can you imagine that? Well let's just say I won't ruin your life like that today.'

I could see the frightened faces of my peers turn to slightly confused, but relieved ones.

'No, I won't ruin your life like every one of you did to me. Every single day, torment after torment, beating after beating. And i had to come home everyday to more of it. A never-ending cycle of physical and mental abuse. Are you having fun now? Now that I'm standing here with a gun in my hand. Well I guess you'd be happy, because you've won this little game of yours. You've earned the reward of my life. But in the end, the tables are still turned because you'll have to live with my abuse that I give to you today.'

I raise the gun to my head and everything goes black.

Vic's Point of View (The Next Day):

I walk into school in the morning and it's dead silent and people start staring at me like I'm the most interesting thing in the world. I quickly rush off into the bathroom at the entrance of the building. I wonder what their deal is today. I just have to ignore them, today I have to talk to Kellin. For the past month I haven't spoken to him, and it kills me. I was hoping to do it yesterday, but my brother Mike caught something and got me sick too. I really hope he forgives me today. I can't get over him, I love him and I'll never love another person besides him. This past month was hell. I'm empty without him.

The bell rings and I head off I homeroom. I sit down in my seat and wait for the announcements to start. I'm not looking at anyone, but I can feel others' eyes peering at me.

'Okay this shit is getting messed up, what did I do?' I asked the class but the teacher spoke up before anyone could answer.

'Mr. Fuentes please no inappropriate language, be quiet until the announcements are on.'

The loud speaker came on, 'Good Morning Clairemont High. Today is Tuesday xx/xx/xx, and we are on a B schedule due to an assembly that all students must attend before Period 1...' I spaced out for the rest of the announcement, just confused by what's happening. Maybe they will explain why people are acting weird at the meeting.

↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑

We all sat down in our seats in the auditorium. I sat in the front row as instructed by one of the teachers. I'm seriously scared at what's happening. I don't know why everything is so weird. Maybe Kellin knows what's happening. I try to look to see if I he's in the crowd with the rest of his class. I look over the enormous crowd, but I don't see his familiar face anywhere.

The principal then makes an appearance. *cough* 'Excuse me, may I have everybody's attention please. I'm sure most of you are aware of what happened yesterday morning in Period 1 biology class.'

Isn't Kellin in Biology for homeroom?

'A senior student from Biology homeroom, shot himself in front of the classroom.'

No, no, no, no, no, please don't say it, no.

'Kellin Quinn Bostwick'

And my whole world came crashing down. I collapsed on the floor in a mess of tears. Kellin. He was my world. My best friend. My true love. The first love I've ever seen and the last love I would ever need. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin. Kellin.

I can't move. My body is feels paralyzed. I just lost the love of my life.

One of the teachers try to help up, but I refuse. Pick myself up and run out of the building. I can here Mike calling my name in the distance, but I ignore him and continue running all the way home.

When I get in the door, I head straight to my bedroom and collapse on the bed.

I can't believe it, he's gone. I grab the item I desperately need. My blade.

I take the sharp item and drag it deep into my wrist.

Over and over I cut, until my vision becomes blurred.

I can feel the blood seeping from the wounds and running down my wrist.

I cut one last time, vertically.

I hear shouting before it all goes black.

↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑

I wake up in a room with white walls. At first the light is blinding, but slowly I flicker my eyes and look at my surroundings.

The familiar hospital room.

I look to the side of me to see Mike asleep on a chair closest to the bed. I try to speak to wake him up, but my throat is hoarse because my body is weak. I try to move my arm to tap him, but I can't be because it hurts too much. There's and IV in my hand and my wrist is wrapped, so I'm really limited. I give up on trying to wake him just as the nurse comes in.

'Oh you're awake! Well how are you feeling?'

I speak sarcastically but it comes out in a whisper, 'Amazing, couldn't be better.'

'When can I get out of here?' ...so I can try again.

'Well you won't be recovered for a few days, but after then you will be sent to a separate area of the hospital where you'll be on suicide watch for a week. After that, you may be released if your guardian feels you are okay then. You will also be going to therapy 3 times a week for the next 2 months.'

Wonderful.

'Would you like me to wake them?'

'Yes, my brother please.'

She lightly shook Mike's shoulder and he stirred from his sleep state.

'Vic! You're awake. Don't you ever do that to us again!' He exclaimed and lightly smacked my shoulder when the nurse left the room.

'Ouch! Don't hit the patient!' I whisper-shouted.

He just laughed, but quickly turned serious again.

'Im serious, you had us so scared, Vic I don't want to lose you like that. Kellin wouldn't have wanted this. You know that he would have wanted you to live the rest of your life.'

'But Mike, that's the thing, I don't want to live the rest I my life without him. I say feeling tears rim my eyes.

'You still haven't lived your dream yet. You have a whole life ahead of you. What is our band gonna do without it's singer?'

I laugh at his mention of the band we started this year with some of our friends from our old school, Mission Bay. He talks like our small garage band is gonna make it big time in the future.

But who knew it really did.

↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓↑

3rd Person Point of View:

The incident was remembered by Kellin's classmates for years and years after. They now are the ones to suffer with abuse, abuse of the mind and the heart.

The Biology teacher quit her education career for good, and regrets ever making him answer that question.

Kellin's mother found out about the news a few months after it occurred and was devastated for ever leaving him there. She believed that she couldn't handle him on her own, so she left him with his father who had money to support him. Little did she know that would be her worst mistake.

Kellin's father was arrested after they found evidence of abuse on his body and heard word from Vic and Kellin in the school tapes recording the suicide that he had abused him.

Mike convinced Vic to keep on living. After relapsing multiple times, Vic finally realized that he should keep moving to live out his dreams.

Vic, Mike, and their friends Jaime and Tony continued to make music and their band became one of the biggest bands in their genre...

Vic's Point of View:

I walk on stage to see thousands of fans. They're calling our names. I'm living my dream. But like all dreams, this one must come to an end. I'm going to miss this. But missing this is nothing in comparison to missing him.

Is it on a stool in the front while the other guys pick up their instruments.

'Hey guys.' I say and smile as the crowd cheers.

'We're gonna start things off slow tonight, with Kissing in Cars.'

I begin to sing and the crowd begins to sing along as well.

'As we wake up in your room,
Your face is the first thing I see,
The first time I've seen love,
And the last I'll ever need,
You remind her that your future would be nothing without her,
Never lose her, I'm afraid,
Better think of something good to say
But it's all been done, more than once so I'll keep on trying,
Oh God don't let me be the only one who says...
No! At the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
When second chances won't leave you alone,
Then there's faith in love
She was always the one,
I'll repeat it again, the one,
No such thing as too young,
Red lights flash in the car we're kissing in,
Call me crazy,
I've always tried to remind her that the future's
Just a few heartbeats away from disaster.
I'm afraid that I've thrown it all away.
No! At the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone
No at the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone
We'll repeat it again,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone,
'Cause there's faith in love.
If you kiss me goodnight,
I'll know, everything is alright,
Second chances won't leave us alone,
Won't leave us alone,
'Cause there's faith in love'

The crowd cheers and cameras flash, I give them my bests mile and speak again.

This is it.

'Okay everyone, this song is new. Its called Bulletproof Love. This is the first time we're performing it live. So have your cameras ready.'

'I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard lights (backyard lights),
we used to laugh until we choked into the wasted nights (wasted nights).
It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone (sleep alone),
So don't, don't, don't wake me up, 'cause my thrill is gone.
(Say I'm wrong)
and the sunset turning red behind the smoke,
forever and alone.
Yeah!
You've gone and sewn me to this bed, the taste of you and me
will never leave my lips again under the blinding rain.
I wanna hold your hand so tight I'm gonna break my wrist,
and when the vultures sing tonight I'm gonna join right in.
I'll sing along, oh
'Cause I don't know any other song.
I'll sing along,
but I'm barely hanging on.
No, I'm barely hanging on.
By the time you're hearing this I'll already be gone,
and now there's nothing to do but scream at the drunken moon.
This isn't fair!
(No!)
Don't you try to blame this on me.
My love for you was bulletproof but you're the one who shot me.
And god damn it, I can barely say your name,
so I'll try to write it and fill the pen with blood from the sink.
Whoa oh
But don't just say it, you should sing my name.
Pretend that it's a song 'cause forever it's yours,
and we can sing this on the way home.
I'll sing along, oh
'Cause I don't know any other song.
I'll sing along,
but I'm barely hanging on.
No, I'm barely hanging on.
By the time you're hearing this I'll already be gone,
now there's nothing to do but tear my voice apart.
Nothing to do,
and scream at the drunken moon.'

With the last lyric of song sung, I pull out the gun, place it to my temple, and pull the trigger.

My love for you was bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, sorry that was so long. I've had this idea for about a month now and I finally got around to doing it.

I think I broke the rule against hurting peoples feels with this story.

Please tell me if you guys thought it was good and recommend! Thank you so much for reading.

Disclaimer: I in no way own any of these lyrics or character mentioned in the story. I also do not support the act of committing suicide in anyway. If anyone reading this needs help, there's always people you could talk to.