Wait for Me

Seven

"Alright, Gracie. What do you want?" Justin sat on the couch cushion, looking at her.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you wanna do?" He clarified.

"I want you to trust me." She said quietly, but clearly.

He looked at her, confused.

"I want you to trust me." she repeated. "I want you to be confident that when you tell me a deep regret, secret or insecurity, it stays a secret and does not leave my lips. You need someone in your life to remind you of the boy who was happy without fame, who knew life with little money, who was happy with friends, family, music and sports. Please don't ever let that kid fade away."

He grasped her hand, just as a tear fell from her eye. He looked at her. "Gracie, you alright?"

She breathed deep and closed her eyes. "Sorry. I know guys don't like emotional girls?"

"I don't know where you're getting your information, but you're being misinformed."

"What?"

"Guys usually like emotion; when girls let their true feelings show. I know I do. But nobody can be with a person who breaks down every four and a half seconds."

She cautiously leaned against his shoulder. He gently wrapped his arms around her.

"I trust you." he whispered.

** ** **

Justin awoke to his phone vibrating in his back pocket.

Scooter

He slid the Answer button across the screen and pressed it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Can you please explain to me why your mother just called me, asking where you were?"

"No, but I can tell you where I am." He said, slowly moving his arm from around Grace and gently laying her head on a couch pillow.

Silence followed. Scooter was obviously waiting for his answer concerning his whereabouts.

"I'm at Gracie's house."

"Why?"

"I told you. My purity pledge. I wanted the one who inspired me to be the first one to see my certificate of... renewal."

"Oh. Well, have you shown her yet?"

"Yeah."

"And?"

"And she was so happy, Scoot. I'd rewind time just to see her expression of joy."

"You really do enjoy making your Beliebers happy."

"She was so proud." He suddenly felt embarrassed at how he was acting. Why was he gushing like a schoolgirl?

"What about Selena?"

His face dropped. "Why does everyone care so much about what Selena thinks about this? This is my decision. Mine and mine alone."

"Okay, okay. Sorry. You in the mood to record music?"

"Have you ever known a time when I turned that offer down?"

"Nope."

"Okay then. I'll be there in a little bit."

He hung up and knelt down on the floor beside the couch. "Grace? Gracie?"

Grace shifted a bit and her eyes fluttered open. She sat up. "Did I fall asleep?"

"We both did. But Scooter just called. Wants me to meet him at the studio."

"Oh, okay. Drive safe."

"I will. Thanks again."

"What for?"

"For letting me know that trust and second chances still exist. I'll see you later."