You Left Me.

One.

Gemma's POV

"Someone told me she lived in Sydney," I heard Harry say from the living room at Luke's house while I was in the kitchen with Liz.

"Who?" Michael asked.

"This girl I used to date. Her names Samantha Wolverton," Harry said.

I dropped the knife I was using on the counter and ran into the living room, but I wasn't fast enough.

"Dude we know her!" Calum said.

"Wait what? Do you really?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, she's 'bout 5 foot 2 inches, long hair that she dyes constantly and is naturally curly but she straightens it and then curls it so they're smoother. Brilliant blue eyes, cute as a button really," Ashton said.

"Yeah," Harry nodded, obviously irritated with Ashton's description, "That's her."

"Well when's the last time you seen her?" Luke asked.

"When we were 16, before X-Factor," Harry said, dropping his head.

"She's got kids now ya know?" Michael asked.

His head shot up and I bit down on my lip. Harry looked at me.

"Gemma... What do you know?" my brother asked me, standing up and looking at me.

"I know that you don't know the whole story right now, and if I just flat out tell you the short version of it all, then you won't understand why she left Holmes Chapel," I said.

"Well, then sit and tell me."

I sat down beside Calum and Luke, across from Harry and the other boys.

"So, Sam was just, flat out in love with you, from the moment she could even, form a coherent thought, that's how it was Harry. And she sat and supported you while you did your plays and you dated other girls. And then, you two got drunk, you had sex, and you pushed her away from you. I don't think I have ever seen her more hurt than in the moment you told her you two shouldn't hang out anymore, Harry. And trust me, a little bit down the line in this story, you'll understand how monumental that is," I said, already feeling myself get choked up about the entire situation, "So, when she found out that she was pregnant, she wanted to leave. Because, you were going to be on X-Factor and what she told me was that she didn't want to ruin your life again by bringing a child into the situation. So, her parent's sent her to Texas to live with Robyn and Talia. Two years passed, she was 18, she had gotten her GED in America. She had a job managing this little cafe in the downtown part of her town. And she was closing one night, by herself. And when she was locking up... She was attacked. I only found out because I was making cookies with her mum for the kids at the hospital when she got the call about it. She took the morning after pill that they give you at the hospital, and it didn't work. Her parent's moved them to Sydney to try and really give them a fresh start with this new baby. I skyped with Sam while she was at the hospital, because her attacker had shattered her arm and she had to have surgery on it. And, the kind of hurt that I saw in her then, after she had been raped and violated and broken, was not even half the hurt I saw when hurricane Harry shoved her away like she never meant anything at all."

He just turned his eyes to the ground and stared. He didn't seem to know what to think or how to feel or what to say.

"We didn't even know all that," Luke said, "Her and Talia are two of our best friends."

"It's not something she really advertises," I said.

"Gemma I have to see her," Harry said.

"I really don't-"

"Gemma I have to."

Sam's POV

I was in our front yard with Effy and Alex in the early afternoon. Talia and I were running around with Alex while Effy sat on a blanket that was laid out in the grass, just coloring in a coloring book.

"Effy come play with us," Talia called to her as I held Alex by his ankles while he was face up and spun in circles, being careful not to hurt him when I slowed down.

"I don't want to," Effy said.

I heard a car pull up but I was too busy focusing on Effy now.

"Effy come and play with your brother, please."

"I have better things to do than play with a little baby mom," she said to me, still looking at her coloring book.

"My god when did you become a teenager?" Talia asked.

"When I stayed up until 2200 listening to Four, that's when," she said then finally looked up from her coloring book.

Talia and I burst out laughing, while Alex clung to my leg, burying his face in it. The look on Effy's face was one of shock. It's not until she got up and ran inside that Talia and I looked behind us.

I let out a sigh when I saw all of them.

"We didn't mean to scare her," Niall said.

"No it's alright," Talia said as she picked up Alex, "It's just, you know, little fans tend to run rather than scream."

I didn't know what to say, so I just looked at Talia.

"Sam we knew this would happen eventually," she said and I nodded and looked back at all of them.

"Well I guess we have to talk," I said.

"Yeah," Gemma nodded.

We went inside and to the backyard. We all sat in the chairs we had around the fire pit while Robyn hung out with Alex and Effy inside.

"So I'm going to take a wild guess and say Gemma already told you most if not all of the story," I said, looking at Harry.

"Uh, yeah she told us," he said.

"So... What do you want to talk about Harry? If you came here, you obviously had something you wanted to say."

"Hi yes," Michael was raising his hand like we were in school, "I have something to say."

"Yes Michael?" I asked.

"Why didn't we know the whole story?"

"Mike that's rude," Calum said, "She obviously wasn't comfortable telling us."

"No," I said, "That's not it actually. I didn't tell you at first because I wasn't comfortable, because it was so fresh I guess you could say. But when you guys started getting big, and then you met Harry. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to tell him. I was still so... angry about everything that, I just wasn't ready. Angry for the wrong reasons and bitter for reasons that aren't even real. That part of me just hadn't grown up yet I guess."

"And what about after you did grow up?" Luke asked.

"I knew he'd find out eventually. Either Gemma would get really drunk and it'd slip out or he'd be in Sydney and well, this happens," I said, "I just wanted it to happen on it's own time because, well let's be honest I needed time to make sure Effy was okay with it."

"Why wouldn't she be?" Liam asked.

"Because, from the second she heard your guys' music, something drew her to it. And that scared me for a while, but then I realized that, it's music and I can't keep her from it. But when you get so attached to seeing someone as a celebrity and as something unattainable, especially as a little girl who's thus far grown up without a father figure, it can be really hard to see it any other way."

"Which is why she ran away," Talia said, "She thought that we were lying to her when we told her who her dad is. Because it's what she wants, and she just doesn't think it's possible. She's grown up without a father figure and it has morphed in her head to something about her and Alex makes them undeserving of a father. And Alex is still young enough to kind of trick, but Effy is so much older in her head than she actually is. She's already kind of locked in her ways."

"Sam's kid is stubborn, go figure," Ashton laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Do you think we could go for a walk and talk privately?" Harry asked.

I looked at him for a minute, biting down on my lower lip before answering, "Yeah, that's probably a good idea."

We both stood up.

"Hold on," Gemma said.

She stood up and hugged me tight, "I've never missed someone as much as I've missed you."

"I missed you too Gem," I said.

Harry and I walked back through the house, I told Robyn we'd be back in a little while. We walked down the street to the park. We sat on the swings.

"I want to be there," Harry said, "For both of them."

"You don't have to do that Harry," I said.

"I know that I don't. But Effy is my daughter. And it would be wrong and unfair and I couldn't live with myself if I was a father to her and not to Alex. He doesn't have a dad either. And his dad is a piece of shit, so he deserves a decent one. And I want to be that for them Sam."

I stopped swinging and looked over at him, "Why?"

He stopped swinging as well, "Because I'm in love with you Samantha. And I was a stupid, selfish child back then and I have regretted what I did to you and what I did to us and our friendship for so many years and I finally found you again and I don't want to lose you, or them. I want a chance to know them. I want a chance for everyone to know them."

"It's going to take some time Harry. It's going to take time for me to trust you, and for Effy to trust you. Alex trusts all too easily. But Effy... Well Effy is me as far as her personality goes. She doesn't trust easily, she's shy at first and when she opens up she's so bubbly and fun loving. She's a thrill seeker but not when it comes to anyone who can hurt her. She really is, 5 going on 15."

"I understand. And I'll do anything I have to do. We're in Sydney for another 2 weeks for vacation, then we have another 6 months off for vacation. I'll stay here if I have to, I'll do anything Sam."

I was silent for a moment then sighed, "We'll see how the next two weeks go, alright Haz? And we'll figure it out from there. We'll uh... We'll let Effy decide."

"Thank you Sam, it means so much to me that you're giving me this opportunity."

"I'm sorry I never gave it to you before Haz. I was just... I was childish and misguided and hurt and naive."

"You don't have to apologize for anything, really."

I nodded, "Well, I still am sorry regardless of if you want me to say it or not."

He just looked at me for a little while.

He still made me feel the same way he always had. I had a thousand butterflies doing flips in my stomach and it felt like my chest was going to explode with anxiety. My heart was constantly racing and every time he spoke I got chills down my spine.

"Should we get back?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

We walked back to the house. The boys had gotten Effy out of her room, and apparently out of her shell since she was running around with Niall and Zayn in the backyard when we got back while Liam and Louis played with Alex and the 5SOS guys were talking to Robyn, Gemma and Talia.

"Mommy!" Effy yelled as she stopped running around.

"Effy!" I yelled back to her.

She ran over to me and I knelt down to her.

"Can we keep them?" she whispered softly in my ear.

"I think so," I nodded.

"Yay!" she yelled, making me laugh.

She then turned to Harry and looked at him for a moment, before tilting her head and looking at him for a moment longer.

"Hi, I'm Effy," she said, sticking out her hand to shake his hand.

Harry knelt down to her level and held his hand out, "Hi Effy, I'm Harry."

They shook hands and Effy's face lit up with a smile that was absolutely identical to Harry's. She let go of his hand and she immediately hugged him. It caught all of us by surprise. Harry hugged her back and when she let go, so did he. She looked back at Niall and Zayn.

"Catch me!" she yelled and they started running around again.

I sat over by 5SOS, Robyn, Talia, Gemma, Liam, Louis and Alex and Harry sat beside me.

"Well that was surprising," Robyn said.

"It was quite interesting," I said, just watching her interact with the two boys.