Status: One shot

Circle the Drain

Thought I was your exception... I could rewrite your addiction..

Once again he was lying on his back with a bottle of vodka in his hand.
His eyes drowsy and his body numb.
It was Monday , 8am and he was drunk.
He was fucking wasted.

I met Matt Sanders in kindergarten when my mom and I moved to the house next to the Sanders.
Although he thought all girls had cooties , he warmed up to me and we ended up being best friends two days later.
He decided to ask me out a week after I’ve returned from college in New York claiming that I was his only love and he’s been in love with me since the beginning of high school but was too scared to tell me.
I ended up telling him that I was too in love with him and admitted that I’ve been for years.
We were both scared to tell one another that we loved each other but when it was finally out in the open we were both so comfortable to be around each other.
“Matt , get up. You have to be at the studio in two hours” I murmured licking my lips.
I had to be at the salon I worked as a hairdresser and make up artist in one hour but I was having difficulty helping my baby ass boyfriend.
At least I was co owner of the salon , so I wasn’t too worried about being late but it was still not a trademark that I respected. I hated being late especially to work.
“Hmm you look so…sexy” he said slurring his words. Being the good boy that he is he sat up only for his head to fall back on the seat.
Sighing loudly , I helped him up and kept his head in my arms trying to steady him.
“Come on big guy. Let’s get you into the shower” I said and helped him to his feet.
Moving slowly we reached our bedroom and I left him on the bed to switch the shower on. I decided on a cold shower or him to wake him up and get him sobered and then.
I took off the boxers he wore and helped him into the shower. Without getting wet I held onto him making sure he didn’t fall.
I dressed him and then after getting him some advil and making sure he puked his guts out I drove him to the studio where I left him in the guys’ capable hands and then drove myself off to work.
“Hey” Jenny murmured smiling at me. “Zacky told me that Matt was drunk again. How you holding up?”
I smiled and nodded , “I’m fine. At least he gets drunk at home and not in some bar where he meets and fucks a random girl”
She nodded , “I guess you can look at it that way”
Laughing softly I made my cube ready and then waited for my first client.
Around 4 when the salon emptied I checked my phone and almost fell to the floor from the shock when I read my text messages.
I had a few , but only one stood out and that was the one from Matt :
“hey baby. I’m sorry. I promise you when you get home I won’t lie on my face drunk. I love you”
I was hoping that the guys hadn’t been the ones that had written the text and I was both dreading and looking forward to going home.
Jenny walked over to me smiling when she saw the grin plastered on my face.
“What made you so happy?”
“Matt had texted me. Told me he was sober” I murmured casting my eyes to hers. “I can’t wait to go home but I’m also so scared”
“Then go” she exclaimed laughing , “the salon is empty. You don’t have any clients left for the day. Gretchen is coming tomorrow to clean. We’ll lock up , I’ll go enjoy the perks of being single and you go enjoy your sober boyfriend”
I giggled and grabbed my bag. “Alright , I’ll see you tomorrow”
“Bye honey”
I drove back to the house and found flowers on the porch with a note attached.
“Go to the place we first kissed”
I grinned and walked down to the beach where Matt and I first kissed.
There was another flower with a note. I picked it up and held it in the hand the others was in. I beamed when I read the second note.
“Go to the place I made you my girlfriend. One of the happiest days of my life”
I walked down further of the beach , and then found another note and flower.
“Okay , so I suck at scavengers hunt , so this is the last one. Go to our spot.”

I shook my head with a lame smile adorning my face and walked to the pier. I found Matt with a bunch of candles surrounding him and in his hand was a large bouquet of my favorite roses.
“Oh Matty” I breathed out when I read what the candles spelled out : ‘I love you’
I reached him and smiled when I saw his watery eyes.
“I am so , so , so sorry for everything. I have no idea why I decided to drink that much and I regret it. I’m so sorry. I promise you from now on all I will drink is a beer and that’s only on special occasions. I promise you.”
I grinned and hugged him tightly kissing his lips passionately.
“I love you” I murmured and kissed him again.
“I love you too”