Status: Active <3

Devil, yet an Angel

Welcome to L.A.

Jack's P.O.V.

My family has always been the most important thing in my life. I've always been very closed to everybody in my family. I would always be nice to everyone, mostly my mother. I like the idea of being a little mother's son, but there comes a time where things got to change. There comes a time in life where you need to take a new beginning and truly start living. That's why I'm seating in this plane taking me away from Baltimore. I've always lived in Baltimore, I've never left it.

Being in this plane all by myself is a big source of stress. I'm not used to do things on my own, for myself. I'm the type of guy who wants other people's happiness before his. Plus, saying goodbye to 18 years of my life is a real hard thing. Saying goodbye to your family and friends is a hard thing, but I guess it is not a farewell.

I've never been the popular guy. I have a couple of friends that I've known forever who would defend and love me no matter what. I've been bullied a lot in my high school years, mostly when people found out I was gay when a picture of my ex and me popped on Facebook.

People at my school were not very open-minded to homosexuality. They would make fun of me, even beat me. They would say very bad stuff. They would tell me I should not live, that I was just a big loser. But as long as I had my friends beside me, I knew I would be okay. And most of the time, I was.

So yeah, here I am, travelling to my new home: Los Angeles. Among all the College demands I've made, the only one that responded positively was in this town. You could say I'm not a pretty smart guy. I would pass my grades with 60% flush, but music. Music has always been my drug.

I still remember the day where my dad offered me my very first guitar. It was the best day of my life and also, the day where my future has been written. That's why I'm going to get a degree in music. I want to pursue my dream of being in an internationaly known band. It may sounds crazy and delusional, but people say that dreams do came true when you don't lose faith.

--------------
4 hours later

This is it, the beginning of my new life. I'm waiting in line at the reception of my new student reseidence. For what I've seen yet, it is very nice. There are a lot of people around my age. I hope I'll be able to put my nervosity aside and make friends. I'm not an expert at socializing with people, but I guess I will be able to do it.

''Hello, what is your name son?'' The recesptionist asked?

''Hi, my name is Jack Barakat, I'm a new student.'' I replied.

''Of course you are.'' She said happily. ''Well, Jack you'll be staying in room 314 on the third floor. It looks like your roomate has already arrived. You can go and settle him before doing whatever you kids do.''

''Thank you Miss.'' I replied.

''No problem dear, if you have any question or problem, the office is open until 9pm everyday. I hope you have a good time in here, and most of all, welcome to L.A.'' She said.

I made my way to the elevator with my three suitcases and my guitar in hand. You could say I'm the type of guy who owns a lot of clothes. This is exciting, I can't wait to meet my new roomate. I hope we'll get along, it would suck to live with some guy I can't stand. Maybe he's cute. I would not say no to a nice piece of art.

A loud noise indicated me that I was on the right floor. I made my way in the hall searching for my room. 310.311.312.313... 314! There is it, my new home for the next 4 years or so. I'm feeling nervous and totally excited. I opened the door happily and saw a guy sitting at the kitchen table eating some cereals.

''Hello, I'm Jack. I'm your roomate.'' I said happily, holding out my hand.

''Don't care.'' The guy replied before standing up and going into his room.

Well, I guess my hopes of getting along with my roomates are dead... or maybe he's just having a bad day. But one thing is sure, he certainly is the most beautiful guy I've ever laid my eyes on. Yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy this new life.