Status: Active <3

Devil, yet an Angel

Unknown

There was blood all over the floor. I couldn't believe that the night ended with someone being shot, with someone being murdered. A young boy died in my apartment that night. It was just like the dramatic scenes that you can see in movies or TV show. The only difference was that someone really died and they were not coming back.

Zack fell to the floor, he was shot right in the head and died on the spot. Someone shot him, someone saved both Alex and I. I turned around and saw Rian standing there, with a gun in his hand. He killed Zack. That made him a murderer, but I could not care less because he saved my life and Alex's. Two minutes later and we would have both been dead.

''Oh my god, Rian!'' I yelled.

''I heard screams coming from your apartment and like, I heard that guy saying he was going to kill you both. I could not let that happen. So, yeah. I went to my own place and grabbed my gun,'' Rian replied.

''You killed him Ri, oh my god, you might go to jail,'' I said.

''I wasn't supposed to kill him Jack. I-I just wanted to scare him and make him drop the gun. But then, I saw him aiming his gun at you. He was about t-to kill you both, and I could not let that happen. I would rather go to j-jail than letting you die and knowing that I could have stopped it,'' Rian mentionned.

That was such courageous from him. Right there, he showed me how he truly cared about me, and that he did really love me. He put himself in trouble just to save my life and Alex's. He didn't have to do that for us, but he did. I knew that I would never be able to thank him enough for what he did. What he did was beyond all the things friends would do for each other.

Alex didn't speak a word. I guessed he was to speechless. Who wouldn't be? We were almost killed on the spot and someone saved the day. Saving the day did imply killing someone, but at least we were safe.

''We're going to be okay, Alex. We are safe now,'' I said as I faced myself back to him.

He didn't reply. He wasn't even moving. For a second, I forgot that he was hurt and that he was emptying himself from his blood.

''Alex?'' I said nervously.

Still no answer. I checked for his pulse and it was very very low. He was still alive, but he didn't have much time. There wasn't a minute to waste. This was his chance to make it, Rian made it possible. I wasn't going to let Alex die. There was no way I was going to let life take him away from me. Not anymore.

''Ri, call 911! Alex needs help,'' I yelled.

But Rian didn't move. He didn't listen to me. Why wasn't he listening to me? Was he also a jealous maniac? Did he want me all for himself and was going to let Alex die so he would be out of his way? But then, I realized it wasn't it. It was bigger than that.

We were on a crime scene. Someone was dead. Someone was a murderer. One person was heavily hurt. Zack was the bad guy in this completely crazy story. He was the one who was going to kill us. He was the one who hurt Alex. But, he wasn't the one who killed someone, in the end. Rian was. I could see in his eyes that he was scared about whatever was going to happen to him. He didn't deserve to go to jail, but the possibilities he would were still there.

''Please Rian, I-I know you're scared...but you can't let Alex die. Please call 911, please Ri. We won't let you go to jail, I promise. We'll tell the whole story on how Zack was about to kill us and how you came in just in time to stop him. And you, you'll say that you weren't aiming for his head, that you were aiming for his shoulder or something like. We'll figure out something Rian, I promise. But for now, we need to save Alex. So please, call 911,'' I begged.

Rian was crying. But he listened to me. He grabbed his phone and dialed 911. They sent an ambulance and they said it should get to us rapidly. Rian untied both Alex and I. Alex was very weak, he was so closed to death. I was scared that I was going to lose him. I didn't want him to die. He couldn't die, he just couldn't.

''Please stay with me, Alex,'' I whispered as I held him close to me.

A few minutes later, the paramedics finally showed up along with some police officers. The paramedics grabbed Alex and put him on a stretcher. Other paramedics put Zack's dead body in this thing and left with it, without speaking a word. The ones who took care of my Alex were about to leave without me so I followed them but they pushed me back in my apartment.

''Please, please let me go, I-I need to go,'' I begged.

''I'm afraid we can't. Police is here get your statement. You'll be allowded to show up the hospital if the officers want you to,'' they replied harshly as the kept walking, taking Alex away from me.

That was maybe the last time that I was going to see Alex alive. I needed to be there for him, it was supposed to be us until the end. I needed to be by his side, they could not just take him away from me like that. A part of me did not want to obey and just wanted to run to the hospital and be with Alex. They could not just seperate us after all the mess that we have been through. It was not human from them to refrain me from going to the hospital with them.

But, another part of knew I could not because there was some police officers in my place that needed to ask me some questions. I would have been in major trouble if I had ran away from them. I just needed to tell them my statement. I did nothing wrong in this whole story, I was a victim. They would not have any other choice than letting me go to Alex.

I went back into my apartment, as anxious as can be. Rian was handcuffed and they did the same to me. Weren't they supposed to simply ask us questions and let us go? What was that for?

''Wait, why are you arresting us?'' I asked nervously.

''Procedure. We're taking you both to the station to ask you some questions about what happened in here. You may remain silent,'' one of the officers spoke.

The police officers led us outside of the apartment then all the way outside of the whole building. There were two police cars outside and people walking around were looking at us if we both were aliens or zombies. I guess that was a normal reaction. I would have had the same one if I had seen two young boys getting arrested in the middle of the afternoon.

Rian and I were seperated from each other since we weren't in the same car. They didn't want us to talk to each other and plan what we were going to say in our statement. I wondered what Rian was going to tell them. Was he going to tell the whole truth? Knowing him, he probably was going to. He is unable to lie. I hoped that the officers would understand the whole situation and not punish him for what he did. To me, he was a hero, not a criminal.

It was crazy to be in that car, on my way to the police station. Never in my life would have I thought that I was going to sit at the back of a police car one day. The good boy I was wasn't supposed to ever get arrested. But I knew that I didn't do anything wrong. I was nervous, but I knew I would not get any consequences. I was going to be okay. I was not the bad guy, I was just a victim. Victims don't get into trouble.

When we got to the station, I was led to a big room while Rian was led to another one. They were going to question us at the same time, in seperate rooms. I sat on a chair in front of this big desk, waiting for someone to come in and do his jobs. I just wanted it to be done already so I could run to the hospital and be Alex. I didn't have a single clue if he was okay and it was eating me alive, to the bones.

Five minutes later, a man finally came into the room. He didn't have any hair and he seemed pretty young if I'm being honest.

''Hello, I'm Officer Elmakias,'' He said as he sat in the chair in front of me, on the other side of the desk.

''Hi,'' I replied nervously.

''So...care to explain everything that happened today in details? It will make all of this easier if you do collaborate,'' Officer Elmakias explained.

I took a deep breath. I only had one chance to speak the truth, I could not mess it up.

''Okay. So eum, I was coming back home and when I opened the door, I saw Alex, my boyfriend, being all tied up to one of the kitchen chairs. And then, I felt a sharp pain at the back of my hand. I guess I lost consciousness because when I came back to my senses, I was also all tied up to another chair. The guy that did this to us was Zachary Merrick, Alex's ex,'' I said.

''Okay, what happened afterwards, Jack?'' Offcier Elmakias asked.

''Right, so eum. Zack and Alex used to date before I even met Alex. But they broke up soon after. And like, Alex and I fell for each other. But then Zack came back and tried to get Alex back, and he did. Then, Alex realized he made a mistake by going to Zack instead of me. So he dumped him and came back to me. It's kind of complicated but here's the important details. The reason Zack attacked us today is because he was jealous and mad. He was mad at me because I stole the love his life and he was mad at Alex because he broke his heart. Zack said that since he could not have Alex, nobody was going to. He also said that he was going to kill me as well. I thought he was joking but when he cut Alex's arms with this knife, I realized he wasn't,'' I continued.

''So, Alex and you are together and Zack wasn't happy about that?'' Officer Elmakias wondered.

''Long story short, yes. So, like I was saying, Zack cut Alex's arms and lot of blood was coming out of them. We tried to calm him down but Zack would not listen. He was too pissed off and full of hate. Zack also told us that we was going to kill us with his gun, me being the first one to die. He then gave Alex and I five minutes to say farewell. After that, Zack pointed his gun at me, aiming for the heart. I thought that was it. A loud gunshot was heard, but it wasn't from Zack's...,'' I replied.

''Who was it from, Jack? You need to tell me the truth. Lying to me could get you in major trouble,'' he said.

''Okay. It was Rian's, the other guy you arrested. He heard us yelling from the room and he also caught Zack threatening Alex and I. So Rian went to his room and grabbed his gun. He-He want to protect us. He didn't mean to kill Zack, but when he entered our apartment and saw that Zack's gun was aimed at me...he shot. And Zack died on the spot. And then, we called 911 because my boyfriend was unconscious because of the big quantity of blood he lost. That's it,'' I explained.

Officer Elmakias kept taking some notes before leaving the room, once again leaving me on my own. I could not stop thinking about Alex and how I wanted to know if he was okay. It was pure torture to be in this place while I didn't know if he even was alive. I hoped that Officer Elmakias would let me go, he had to. I couldn't stay in there any longer, not with Alex being away from me. he finally came back five minutes later.

''Your story seems to match Rian's one, you're free to go,'' he said.

''What is going to happen to Rian?'' I asked.

''I'm not in the right to tell you,'' he replied. ''Now leave. Go find your boyfriend.''

''Thanks,'' I said.

I didn't need to be told twice. I ran to the exit and made my way to the hospital. I had no time to waste to call myself a cab, so I simply ran. The hospital wasn't far away from the station so it was fine to me. As I ran, I tried to remain positive, telling myself that Alex was going to be okay, that he was going to live. But part of me could not help but being all negative and thinking about the worst.

I reached the hospital after a 10 minute run. I was exhausted but I didn't have time to catch my breath. Alex was waiting for me. I went to the administration desk and asked where I could find him. She gave me some instructions and I made my way to the emergency department of the hospital. I have always hated hospital, and it had not changed.

When I reached the department, I went to the secretary's desk in the hopes that she could give me some news about the love of my life. But she couldn't. Even if she had wanted to, she didn't have that kind of information and wasn't allowd to. She told me to wait in the waiting room and that she would send a doctor as soon as possible. Knowing perfectly how the hospital system woked, I knew that soon would mean waiting for more than an hour. I didn't want to wait, I needed answers at that very specific moment.

So I sat in the waiting room and waited, and waited, and waited. Multiple doctors showed up in the room, but it never was one to give me answers. So I kept waiting, being anxious and depressed. They were horrible to make me wait that long. They had no right to do that. 55 minutes and 45 seconds later, another doctor showed up. I hoped that one was there for me.

''Anybody for Gaskarth?'' he asked.

''Yes!'' I answered as I stood up from my chair and walked to him. That was it, the moment of truth.

''Hi, I'm Dr.Sykes. I'm here to give you news on Alex Gaskarth. How are you related to him?'' he replied.

''I'm his boyfriend,'' I said nervously.

''Sure,'' Dr. Sykes said.

He told me everything about Alex's state and what they did to him. And when he was done talking and filling me up on everything, I collapsed to the ground, crying. The truth was spoken.
♠ ♠ ♠
this an horrible chapter, I'm sorry...I feel like I'm doing such a bad job with this fic... anyway the next chapter is going to be the LAST one. So yeah, thanks for reading and I hope that you are not disappointed in me...