Status: Active <3

Devil, yet an Angel

Day One

''What do you want to do now?'' Alex asked as we walked in the streets near the church, holding hands.

''Lay in bed all day, with you.'' I replied.

''We can do that later Jack, but for now, you need to do something fun. You need some happiness in your life after everything that has happened today.'' Alex said. ''Don't you have some friends you could call, maybe you would feel better after seeing them?''

''Yeah, I guess I could give them a call...'' I said. Maybe Alex was right, it could not hurt to see my friends. After all, I might not have any other occasion to hang with them until Christmas.

I took my phone from my pocket and dialed my best friend Alan's number.

''Hey Jacky!'' Alan said on the other side of the line.

''Hey Al!'' I replied. ''How are you?''

''I'm good, how are you?'' He said. ''I heard about your brother, I'm so sorry Jacky. Will you fly to Baltimore soon?''

''Well, I'm in Baltimore right now. I attended the funerals today and I'm leaving tomorrow. I was wondering if Vic and you would like to hang out with my friend and I. I kind of need to change my mind and have some fun before going back to California. It has been an horrible week for me and I always feel better when I'm around you guys.'' I explained.

''Yeah sure dude!'' Alan said. ''Vic's with me right now, we would be happy to see you. We already miss you Jacky! How about we meet at Taco Bell in 15 minutes?''

''Sounds good to me!'' I agreed. ''See you there.''

''Bye Jack!'' Alan said before hanging up. I put my my phone back in my pocket and took back Alex's hand in mine.

''We're meeting my friends at Taco Bell. Are you okay with that? I can call a taxi if you want to go back to my house.'' I said.

''It's okay with me, I just want to be with you.'' Alex replied, making me smile a little.

---------------------------------

15 minutes later, we were at Taco Bell. My friends were already waiting for us. When I spotted them, I ran to them, leaving Alex a little behind me. I took them in a big hug, feeling happy because I actually missed them a lot. Alex was right, I needed some distraction and this was the perfect way to have a little fun.

''Hey guys, thanks for coming.'' I said.

''Anything for our little Jacky'' Vic replied.

''Who's your friend?'' Alan asked, pointing Alex who joined us.

''Oh, this is Alex, my...friend?'' I said more like a question. ''Yeah, my friend. Alex; I introduce you to Vic and Alan, my best mates.''

The truth is; I didn't exactly know what Alex and I were. I thought about our kiss, trying to figure it out what it meant. Did it hold feelings? Was it only to search some comfort? I will need to figure it out later.

''Let's get inside, I'm hungry.'' Alan said.

''You're always hungry Alan.'' Vic replied, making us all laugh.

---------------------------------

Once everybody got their food, we sat at an empty table. Alex was by my side while Alan and Vic were sitting in front of us.

''So how's life in California Jack?'' Alan asked.

''I like it a lot! It's always sunny and warm, and the people out there are so nice... The only thing this place missed is Vic and you.'' I replied.

''And how are your classes, my little musician?'' Vic asked.

''I guess they are nice? I didn't pay much attention this week since well...you know. I was a total mess'' I replied, gainging sympathetic looks from my three friends.

''At least I had Alex by my side.'' I went on, smiling at Alex. ''I don't know what I would have done without him.''

''Well thanks for taking care of our little Jacky for us Alex.'' Vic said.

''Yeah, I'm happy to know that Jack has someone to rely on.'' Alan added.

''My pleasure.'' Alex replied. '' Jack is my friend, I will always be there for him, no matter what.''

''You're sweet.'' I said timidly.

''So are you.'' He added. ''Hey, I need to use the bathroom, I will be right back, or maybe not, because you know.''

''Just go do your business Alex.'' I replied laughing. Once Alex was out of view, Alan and Vic gave me questionning looks. Alan was the first to speak.

''So....anything you would like to tell us?'' Alan asked.

''No, why?'' I replied.

''Dude, it is kind of obvious that there is something going on between Alex and you!'' Alan said.

''No, don't know what you're talking about.'' I replied timidly.

''Dude, you're an open book to us, you can't hide things from us. We say you and Alex walking hand in hand.'' Vic added. Why do they see eveything?''

''It's true... There is nothing going on between Alex and I...well not yet? I don't know.'' I mentionned.

''Not yet...?''Vic wondered happily.

''Well, it's complicated.'' I replied. ''But eum, let just say that Alex and I might have kissed after the funerals.''

''No way!'' Alan exclaimed.

''How was it?'' Vic wondered.

''It felt amazing. I felt those little butterflies in my belly, and like wow.'' I replied.

''How about Alex, what did he think about it?'' Vic asked.

''Well, I don't know. We haven't spoken about it. It just happened. I don't know if it actually meant something...like we were both feeling sad and everything and then suddenly his lips were on mine. I don't know if it was only to seek some comfort...of if it did mean something. I still need to figure it out. I guess Alex and I will talk about it later.'' I answered.

''I saw the way he looked at you Jack, it can't be nothing.'' Vic replied.

''And the way you looked at him as well.'' Alan added.

''You guys always see everything, don't you?'' I asked laughing.

''Well, we're just taking care of you little Jacky.'' Alan replied.

I spotted Alex coming back from the bathroom.

''Alex is coming back. End of the subject.'' I warned them. They nodded smiling.

''Yo, I'm back! What were you guys talking about?'' Alex asked as he took place next to me.

''Shakira.'' Vic replied. What an idiot, I love him so much.

''Shakira?'' Alex repetead laughing.

''Yeah, Alan and I was were telling Jack how sexy she is and stuff but Mr Barakat would not agree because he loves the D. He doesn't know what he is missing'' Vic mentionned.

''Shut up Vic.'' I said laughing. ''You're just mad because I won't suck yours.''

''Ewww no.'' Vic said.

''Don't lie Vic. I know you would like to feel Jack's lips wrapped around you.'' Alan added, teasing Vic a little. The thing with Vic is that he is persuaded that he's straight while he keeps talking about this Kellin guy when he's drunk and how much he wants to have his way with him.

''Akward.'' Alex whispered.

''Welcome to my world.'' I said.

---------------------------------

The rest of the night was fun. We spent it talking about anything and everything. Most of the night, Alan and Vic would wink at me everytime Alex talked about me or when we looked at each other.

Talking about Alex and I, we were now laying in my bed, cuddling like the previous night. I tried to avoid talking about the kiss all night long, but I needed some answers now.

''Hey Alex?'' I asked.

''Yeah Jack?'' He replied.

''I need to ask you something about the eum, the...'' I spoke timidly.

''The...?'' Alex wondered.

''Kiss.'' I replied. '' I need to know what it meant to you. Did you like it?''

''Well eum...I did really like it. Did you?'' He replied, putting a smile on my face that he could not see since we were in the dark.

''I did like too, a lot.'' I said.

''At first, I kissed you because I needed some comfort and affection...but I did not expect to feel those butterflies while kissing you. I did not expect it to feel that right.'' Alex added. ''Sorry if it sounds stupid or anything, like you probably think I'm crazy to feel this way since like yeah, we barely know each other but-''

I shut him up by planting my lips on his. He kissed me back in a sweet and delicate way. Just like our first kiss, it felt right, it felt good.

''Still feeling them?'' I asked when we broke the kiss.

''Yeah...'' He replied timidly.

''Good. Because I felt them too, and I'm still feeling them.'' I said. ''It seems like we are both crazy.''

''Only crazy for you.'' Alex replied.

''That was lame.'' I said laughing.

''Pff, you liked it.'' He replied.

We kissed one more time before we both fell asleep. I didn't know what tomorrow would hold, but I knew that as long as I had Alex by my side, it would be okay.