Status: I already have the next chapter written. I'm just trying to make sure everything is good before posting!

Watch Me Fade

Chapter Two: Part Two

I kept drinking the vodka like it was a lifeline, and it wasn’t too long before I started to feel the effects of everything. A floating sensation took hold of me, and feeling my eyes grow heavy, I decided to surrender. I shifted so I could lay down, the small park bench offering a nice escape from the dirt below it, and looked up at the tangle of trees and sky above me. I thought about everything, all the good and the bad. The trees danced as the alcohol caused a bad wave of the spins.

When the sun started setting I felt a sense of loss. I wished that I could stay here forever, with nothing but the animals who didn’t leave their homes until the sun went down. I thought about how no one would notice if I fell asleep here and never woke up. I wished things didn’t feel so desolate and painful all the time, and that maybe someday soon, things would be different. I smiled, alcohol was never good with sadness. Makes you remember how things really are, and makes you wish for things to be better.

I bundled myself up in my sweater and remembered times that were glowing with happiness. Friends and family, holidays and laughter. That was the last thing I thought about before I fell asleep. But even the thoughts of laughter and happiness couldn’t keep the nightmares at bay; I woke up screaming and dripping with sweat. I didn’t know what time it was, but the park bench was killing my back and I had a headache that was making my head feel swollen. I tried to sit up, and almost rolled off the bench to prevent vomiting on myself.

After throwing up and positioning myself more comfortably on the bench I assessed the scene. My head was pounding, and was still a bit foggy from all the alcohol, my arms and legs felt heavy, and I was in desperate need of some water. I looked around; the sky was a light blue, which meant the sun would probably rise soon. I felt a rise of panic in my chest; I had stayed in the park all night.
I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time. Five in the morning. I checked my notifications. Twelve missed calls, ten text messages, and twelve voicemails, all from Jeremiah. My heart quickly sank, but fluttered at the same time. I thought my mother would be furious about me being gone all night; I thought she would’ve noticed. It hurt to think that she didn’t realize I wasn’t home, but the sadness was slightly drowned out by the thoughtfulness of Jeremiah.

The kindness stayed with me for a few moments before I started to feel sick again, my stomach was not happy with me. I started to cry, thinking about all of this, and how my mother doesn’t even care. Wrapping my arms around myself, I rocked back and forth, trying to control my emotions. I hated feeling so alone, so lost. I wish my mother had come looking for me, just so I didn’t have to feel this.

A long sob ripped through me, and I realized that the sun had risen a bit more. I could see my surroundings better now, and my eye caught the rather empty bottle of vodka. I picked it up, and felt my stomach flip in protest, but I drank it anyways. Three large swigs and my stomach was still screaming. I felt like my insides were on fire and the after taste was so overwhelming. I did everything in my power to avoid throwing up, and took a deep breath.

I went to rub my face and realized I was still crying. I sighed, and wiped away my tears. The alcohol was working; I was starting to not care. I sat there for a little longer, and then realized there had to be something better to do with my time. I gathered up all of my things, and stood up. Taking a minute to collect myself and make sure I could walk properly, I set off towards my house.
The vodka breakfast had made the walk home impressively short, and I was at my front door, digging for my keys in no time. I opened the door with caution, feeling pretty buzzed, I was nervous about my mother being home. I slid through the door and closed it silently and tip toed into the living room, nothing. Mom wasn’t home. The disappointment I may have had wasn’t strong enough to overcome the numbing powers of alcohol, so I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I knew that if I ate something my buzz wouldn’t last much longer, but I was starving.

The fridge was empty except for a cheap bottle of wine, some cheese slices, half a loaf of bread, a couple bottles of water, and a case of soda. I decided against food, grabbed a water, and walked back to the couch. I left all the lights off, made myself cozy under a large fluffy blanket, and started checking my messages. They all consisted of Jeremiah anxiously explaining how worried he was that I wasn’t answering my phone. Suddenly feeling guilty, I started dialing his number, but my phone started ringing before I could finish.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a lovely comment yesterday and it made me feel bad for not posting more. Here's the rest of chapter two. Enjoy. I'll try to have the next chapter up soon.

Don't forget to tell me what you think!

-Shelby