Little Black Dress

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Rosemarie's POV

"You got engaged to a man you just met?" Kristoph asks Anna on the flat screen TV in my living room.

It's been two days since we went to the amusement park. Since then my brother and his band have been busy with photo shoots and recording their newest album so I had two days of spending time with my loving boyfriend.

Perrie was also gone yesterday with her band Little Mix recording their new single, but today she decided that us girls would do something together. Which brings me to right now where Perrie, Eleanor, Ariana and I are watching one of my favorite movies, Frozen.

We all might like this movie, but we've watched three movie already this morning and watching movies guys tired after a while.

"Do you guys want to go to the mall?" Ariana suggests.Perrie and Eleanor quickly agree with Ariana. When I don't reply everyone turns to look at me in approval.

I give a small shrug, "I'm fine with it."

That's all the approval they needed to start squealing and running up the stairs to get dressed for our shopping spree at the mall. I follow the overzealous girls up the stairs and part with them at my bedroom door.

I walk inside and hunt through my closet for an outfit to wear. I end up picking a cute black wolf T-shirt, a pair of ripped denim skinny jeans and a pair of red high top converse. To top the outfit off I grab a sparkly raindrop necklace and a silver studded bracelet.

When I'm done with my outfit I dig out the hair tie currently in my hair and let my dark unruly curls fall onto my back.

I grab my iPhone that has a cover of my brother on it and shove it into my left back jean pocket. I walk out of my room and walk across the hall to my boyfriend's room. I knock quietly before walking into the room.

Gage was sitting on his bed with his headphones in his ears connected to his iPhone. I smile getting an idea into my head and creep quietly over to his bed and jump on top of him.

"Ahh!" Gage screams in my ear.

I crack up laughing at my boyfriend's reaction. "It wasn't that funny!" He shouts annoyed.

I contain my giggles to reply to my adorable boyfriend. "It was hilarious."

Gage gives me his adorable little pout that makes me give him a peck on the lips to cheer him up. "Don't worry I still love you."

He smiles and kisses me back. "And I love you."

I sit up on his bed and give Gage a big smile. "I'm going to the mall with the girls I'll be back later."

Gage sits up beside me and grabs my right hand with his left. "Alright, but get something nice to wear tonight I have a big surprise for you."

I give my him a long and loving kiss on the lips before standing up off his bed. "I will don't you worry about that I can't wait for tonight."

***

Gage's POV

"Can I talk to you Mrs. Cox?" I ask my girlfriend's mother.

"Sure what is it, honey?"

I take in a deep breath building up enough courage to ask her.

"I need your permission in marrying your daughter."

Before I can even finish my sentence Anne is squealing and hugging me tightly.

"It would be my honor to have you as a son in law," she tells me after letting me out of her iron like grip.

I give her a nervous smile. "Thank you Mrs. Cox."

Anne gives me a small smile. "Please call me Anne honey."

"Alright Anne."

Anne sits back down at the kitchen island and crosses one leg over the other. In return I sit down across from her at the island.

"When are you going to pop the question?" She asks.

I nervously look at my hands. "I was planning on doing it tonight."

That brings another squeal out of my soon to be mother in law, hopefully at least. "Do you have the ring yet? Do you know what your going to wear? Where are you taking her?" She bombards me with question.

"Anne breathe."

Anne let's out a long breath, calming herself down.

"Alright sorry, so are all your arrangements ready?"

I smile and nod. "Before I got on the airplane to come here my mother gave me my grandmother's engagement ring which my grandfather proposed to her with and told that when I was ready I was suppose to propose to Rosemarie.

I thought about proposing to Rose throughout the whole flight here and when I saw her at the airport I knew then that I was ready. I've been making all the preparations since I got here."

Anne squeals again. "So where are you taking her?"

I squirm a little bit in the tall island chair getting a little more comfortable. "Well I'm taking her to a fancy restaurant that we have all to ourselves for the night."

"And?"

"And I might have pulled a couple strings and got Rose and I's band Farewell, My Love to play for us."

"That is so romantic I am so glad that you have the honor of being my daughters fiancé."

I giggle at Anne's acceptance of me. "I didn't even ask her to marry me yet."

That's the moment when Rose's older brother walks into the kitchen over hearing our conversation.

"Your asking my sister to marry you?" Harry asks me surprised.

I give him a nervous smile, by what Rose had told me about her older brother I knew he was very protective of her and I was very anxious by what he would have to say about me becoming his brother in law.

I shyly nod and wait patiently for Harry's reaction. The reaction I got was nothing like what I thought it would be. Harry smiles and gives me a pat on the back. I stare at him shocked. Didn't he think that his sister was too young to give her life away to someone, especially when that someone happens to be me?

Harry laughs at my reaction. "Did you think I would be mad about you wanting to marry my baby sister?"

I give him a small nod and Harry shakes his head at my nervousness. "I think you and my sister are perfect for each other, soul mates even."

I get enough courage to grab Harry into a bone crushing hug before he can ask me a question I pull back and whisper a small, "Thank you."

Then I dash out of the kitchen and up the long spiral staircase into my bedroom. I needed to get ready for tonight. It might only be noon, but I need to make sure that this night is perfect. You only get to propose to the women you love the most in the world once.

***

Rosemarie's POV

"So he never told you where your going or anything?" Perrie asks.

I shake my head. Gage didn't tell me anything about where we're going tonight or anything. "All he said was that he was taking me out and I had to find something pretty to wear."

Ariana wiggles her eyebrows. "Then I guess we'll just have to make you look beautiful then."

That's when the girls start dragging me throughout the whole mall getting me ready for tonight. Which hopefully happens to be one of the best nights of my life.

***

Gage's POV

There's ten minutes before the girls come back with Rosemarie ready and I am going insane with nerves. Harry has been reassuring me that Rosemarie will say yes, but I am still nervous out of my mind. What if she does say no? I don't think I could handle that.

I look over myself in the full length mirror in my new bedroom. I look quite handsome if I say so myself. I'm wearing a nice suit that Harry insisted that I borrow for the night and Zayn styled my hair into a quiff even after I insisted my hair looked fine. The only thing I got to pick out for the night was my shoes, on my feet I wear my worn out black converse.

I get knocked out of my trance when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I let out a long hard breath before I open the door between me and the love of my life. She looks beautiful in her black strapless dress that falls down to her knees with lace around the bottom, the heels on her feet making her a few inches taller then usual. It was a wonderful sight to see. I was so glad that is women in front of me was all mine.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask her with a shy smile.She gives me a slight nod before taking ahold of my hand. I lead her through the house and into the garage where Harry's range rover is parked. Harry had lent me his car for the night since I don't have one.

"Where are we going?" Rose asks me once we're both inside the car.

I give her a small smile while starting up the car. "I can't tell you that."

Rose pouts in the passenger seat. She's never liked surprises, but I'm sure that this one will be the best of her life.

Through the car ride to the restaurant Rosemarie sang along to the terrible pop songs playing on the radio. They actual sounded pretty good coming from her lips after all she has an amazing voice just like her older brother maybe even better. When we finally arrive at the restaurant I park in one of the open parking spots and turn off the engine of the range rover.

"This is where your taking me?"

I laugh at how amused she looks in this moment. She doesn't even know how great of a surprise I have for her tonight.

"We have the whole restaurant to ourselves," I tell her."It's wonderful."

I kiss her on the cheek before getting out of the car before I could open Rose's door she does it herself. It's just like her to refuse my chivalry. She walks over to my side of the car and I intertwine her hand in mine. "Tonight is going to be a night you won't forget."

She gives me a small smile. "I hope so."

We walk hand in hand into the restaurant. The lady at the front desk smiles when she sees me walk into the restaurant. She quickly walks over to where we're both standing at the door.

"You must be Mr. Williams," she says offering me a hand to shake. "My name Mary and I will be taking care of you tonight."

Rose gives the lady a warm kind smile before telling her a small, "Thank you."

"Oh it's all my pleasure." With that the lady turns her back to us both. "Follow me to your table."

Mary leads us to a table that is right in front of a stage with everything already set up for our guests. Rose and I sit down at the table and Mary takes our orders writing them down on a notepad before she disappears to leave us alone. That was the cue for our guests to come out onto the stage.

"I came here to sing for a very special couple," Ryan Howell's voice comes from the microphone.

Rose quickly looks to the stage and her eyes open wide in shocked. "You got Farewell, My Love to play?"

I nod happy that I got the reaction I wanted from her, hearing the band start to play their song Mirror, Mirror. "That's one of the most wonderful things anyone has ever done for me."

Our food is soon delivered to us and we eat quietly while our favorite band keeps playing in the background just happy to be with each other like this. Soon I hear the song I was waiting for starts to play.

"Paper Forts," I hear Rose mutters.

I put my hand out for her to take. "Would you like to dance."

Rose nods taking hold of my hand. I lead her away from the table and we start to slow dance to the song, our song.

"You are so beautiful tonight," I say admiring how beautiful she looks tonight.

"And you are handsome, Mr. Williams."

I smile down at the beautiful girl I have fallen in love with. Soon the song comes to an end and we stop dancing.

"Rosemarie, you and Gage's first date was at one of our concert which is such an honor for us that we came here tonight to help Gage do something he's been wanting to for a while now."

Rosemarie looks at Ryan confused and I get down on one knee and pull the little black box out of my pocket.

"Rosemarie ever since I met you, I've known that I've wanted you in my life for a long time. At that time I thought you would always be my best friend, but then we went on our first date and I realized I was in love with you. I had fallen strongly and deeply in love with you,

Rose and now I want us to get jobs, have lots of little kids that will make us pull our hair out every day, but we'll still love them to death, I want to watch those kids graduate and go out and have their own kids, but most of all I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, Rosemarie Lynn Styles will you marry me?"

Through out my whole speech I keep my gaze on the carpeted floor of the restaurant afraid of what Rosemarie's reaction is going to be. I nervously look up to see her crying silently with a smile on her face. "So what do you say?" I ask.

"Yes!" She shouts running into my arms.

I pick her up and spin her around once in my arms before I put her back down on the floor. "I love you so much."

Rose brings my face to hers into the most loving kiss we have ever shared. We pull apart when we hear clapping from the stage. We turn to see our favorite band clapping for our engagement.

"Put the ring on her finger!" Robby Creasly shouts.

I open the box and pull out the beautiful ring. I hold her left hand in my right and slip the ring onto the ring finger making us officially engaged.

This was the best day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 6! I hope you like it!