Little Black Dress

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Niall! Get out of my house!" I shout at the Irishman currently raiding Gage and I's fridge.

Harry had gotten us our own house for an engagement present and ever since Niall and the rest of the boys come whenever they want. It's mostly just Niall and Louis though.

They like to destroy the house and eat all of the food. It's not that big of a deal since we're kind of rich and all, but still it would be nice not to have to go to the grocery store every other day.

"Fine," Niall shouts. He shuts the fridge and turns to the cub board grabbing a bag of potato crisps before he leaves out the front door.

I shake my head at the retreating figure annoyed by him and Louis actions. I hear a deep chuckle from behind me and soon a pair of arms are wrapped around my waist.

"Calm down, babe. He's harmless," my fiancé whispers in my ear.

I smile at his affections. That's one of the reasons I love him. "I know it's just that with him and Louis always here we never have time to enjoy our house together," I tell him, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.

Gage smirks at my innuendo. "Oh I think we can do that while they're here," he says.

I smirk and stand on my tippy toes to press my lips against his own. As soon as the kiss starts getting heated, the phone starts to ring.

I sigh pulling away from the kiss. I rush over to answer it.

"Hello?"

There's a short silence on the other end before a man replies. "Yes, is this Rosemarie Styles?"

I'm confused by why someone was calling to talk to me. I don't have a job or anything and Harry pays all the bills around here.

"Um, yeah, what's this about?" I ask hesitantly.

"Rosemarie do you know a Lily Collins?" The man asks.

I'm confused further. Why would someone be calling me about Lily? She was back in America staying at our boarding school for the summer. I talked to her just yesterday and she was fine then.

"Yes, did something happen to her?" I ask confused.

The man on the other end of the line goes silent and that gives me my answer. Something bad has happened to my best friend.

"Miss Styles your friend was killed last night," the man tells me sadly.

Tears suddenly stream down my face and Gage is at my side in a second. He takes me into his arms and whispers soothing things in my ear.

"Who killed her?" I ask the man wanting to know.

I hear the man sigh on the other end of the line. "That's the reason I called you. We don't know who the killer is and we would like you to tell us all you know about your friend."

I shake my head. "I haven't seen her in a month, but I talk to her every day. I just heard from her yesterday and she was fine," I tell him.

I was practically hysterical right now. I couldn't believe that my best friend had been murder. I should have never moved back to England if I would have stayed with her in America none of this would have happened.

"I'm very sorry, ma'am," the man tells me sympathetically. "I would like to ask why you haven't seen her in a month?"

I lean back into Gage before I speak needing his comfort to calm me enough reply to the man on the phone.

"I moved back to England with my family," I tell him looking down at the floor. I really regret the decision to move home now.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you would like the funeral is being held in a couple of days on the 10th I'm sure her family would love to have you there," he says.

I nod even though the man on the other end can't see me. Going to Lily's funeral would make me feel a lot better. Not the whole way better but partially better to know that I was there at her funeral. That I was there to see her be lain to rest.

"Where?" I ask. I want to know exactly where to go. I didn't want to be wondering around the town blind.

"The old Lutheran church in the middle of town," he tells me.

I nod knowing the place he is speaking of. That's the church that Lily and I use to go to with her parents every Sunday. Her family were big Lutheran's and I had converted also.

"Okay, thank you," I tell the man dismissively and hang up the phone.

I turn my head so that I am looking at Gage. "Lily's dead," I tell him, crying heavily again. "She was murdered and they haven't found the killer."

"Oh my God," Gage cries, he pushes my head into his neck and I cry into it. I can hear Gage crying also, Lily being both of our friend. It hit us both hard. How could Lily be dead.

Sweet Lily who didn't do anything bad ever. She was a Christian girl and she stuck to it. She tried her best to never sin and did everything she could to be a good little Christian.

It was something that drove both of us insane. We loved Lily but we thought she took her religion way too far. I just can't believe she's gone.

We cry like that for what seems like hours, we cry until both put voices are hoarse and Louis comes through the door.

As soon as he sees the sight in the kitchen he rushes over to comfort his best mates little sister. I step away from Gage when I see him and quickly jump into Louis' arms instead.

"What happened?" He asks me soothingly, wiping some tears from my eyes.

I calm myself down enough so that I can talk. "Lily's dead," is all I can say. I still can't believe that it's true. How can my best friend be dead. Just gone and I not even know it. I hated myself for moving here. If I didn't Lily would still be alive.

"Lily couldn't fend for herself alone! I shouldn't have left her! I should have stayed in America and never moved back to England! If I would have just stayed with her none of this would have happened!" I was so angry with myself.

Louis smooths out my hair and shakes his head at my statement. "Rose, it's not your fault," he says trying to comfort me.

I shake my head. "No! It is my fault! How could I leave her like that?!" I shout wanting to just punch myself in the face, because maybe then I could punish myself for what I had done.

Louis sighs. "Lily was a big Christian wasn't she?" Louis asks me, calmly.

I glare at Louis. Why would he ask me that at a time like this? "Yes," I snap at him aggravated.

"Well then, she believed that God does everything for a reason. It might be terrible and depressing but maybe Lily truly did die for a reason," Louis says.

Louis statement surprises me. The Louis Tomlinson has just given great advice on the death of a friend? What is this would coming to?

Louis' intelligent words calm me down. In all honesty they're true. Lily would have believed that she died for a reason that God wanted her dead that day for a reason. It was an insane thought, but maybe Louis was right maybe she did die for a reason unknown to us.

I engulf Louis in a thankful hug. "Thank you," I whisper into his ear before pulling away.

Louis gives me his award winning smile. "Your welcome, I was just looking out for my little sister," he tells me.

I smile at what he called me. After all him and most of the boys were like my older brother's and Louis was just one who loved to call me his little sister.

"I'm gonna go pack for America. Can you get Harry to book a flight for me and Gage?" I ask.

Louis nods and leaves the kitchen. I turn to Gage to see that his eyes are red from all the crying and I sigh. I hated seeing him like this, but I probably looked the same way.

"It's going to be alright," I tell him.

He nods. "Yeah, I hope your right," he tells me.

I walk out of the kitchen and up the spiral staircase that leads to the second floor of the spacious house. The second floor was where Gage and I's room is along with Harry's and my mum and step dad's guest bedrooms.

The third floor is where all the other guest rooms our four in all. I think Harry bought this place just because there was just enough rooms for him and the boy's to stay whenever they feel like it.

I sigh and walk into the room Gage and I had claimed. The room itself was big with it's own bathroom, consisting of a jacuzzi tube and a steam shower. The bed set was made of red silk, curtesy of Harry.

He thought that it looked very sexual and that Gage and I could use them to spice up things in the bedroom. When he had told me this I had rolled my eyes. My older brother could be a pervert at times.

There was a big flat screen TV in one corner with a Blue-Ray DVD player and a whole set of hundreds of our favorite movies. In the opposite corner was a bookshelf which was filled with as many books as it would allow.

It was a wonderful bedroom for the two of us and we both loved it to death, but the sight of it now was just making me more depressed. I sigh walking over to my walk in closet that was on the opposite side of the room from Gage's.

I start to shove random clothes into the black suitcase I have placed in the corner. I didn't even care what they were. I just needed to pack and get to America. I needed to get to Lily's funeral.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 7! I hope you like it!