Little Black Dress

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Today I was leaving for America. It's the day after I had gotten the call about Lily's death. I wanted to leave the pervious day, but Harry couldn't get us a flight and now Gage was deathly sick.

I wanted my fiancé to come along with me to America, but that was impossible with him throwing up all over everything. I didn't want my older brother coming with me either because then there wouldn't be anyone to take care of Gage.

So that's how I ended up going to America with Liam. He had volunteered to go along with my after Harry couldn't come. I was relived that someone could come along besides my mother who would have gladly come with if it would have come to that.

Anne would have frowned upon Lily's parents religion though and I didn't want that. I actually believed in Lutheranism and I didn't want my mother telling me how much I was wrong about learning and believing in it.

"Thank you again for coming along with me," I say, giving the man a thankful smile.

Liam scratches the back of his head awkwardly. "Um, yeah it's nothing," he tells me.

I shake my head. "It just means a lot to me that you would come along with me," I say.

It was Liam's turn to shake his head. "I didn't want you to be alone in your time of need. Your best friend died you needed someone there. A...friend," Liam says the last word hesitantly making me confused, but I shake it off.

"Flight 222 to America," the loud intercom tells us.

I turn to Liam. "That's our flight, we better go," I tell him.

Liam nods. He grabs his suitcase and turns to me grabbing mine too. I shake my head at his gesture.

"No I can carry my own suitcase," I tell him.

Liam shakes his head. "No, I've got it," I sigh not arguing with the man just letting him do what he wants.

We board the plane completely fine. Finding our seats with no complications. They were right beside two boys around the same age as Harry and the other boys.

I watch as the one whispers into the others ear. "Isn't that Liam?" I hear him ask and I smile at them.

I turn so that I am facing the two boys that our obviously fans of my brother's boy band. "Hello, my name is Rosemarie Styles and you are?" I ask them with a dazzling smile.

The shorter one squeals in excitement. "Nick! It really is Liam! And that's Harry's little sister!" He shouts at the other boy who looked like he wanted to do nothing more than squeal along with the other boy.

I giggle at the two boys. "I'm Nick and this is my boyfriend Matthew," the taller of the two answers my previous question.

The other boy, Matthew turns to look at his boyfriend in a sassy fashion. "Did you just introduce me as Matthew?" He asks with his hands on his hips.

The look reminds me of the stance Louis does when he's about to sass someone and it almost makes me giggle again. Matthew turns to me with a smile. "Call me Matt," he tells me.

I nod. "So you guys are fans of my older brothers boy band?" I ask them already knowing the answer but thinking it was polite to ask anyways.

They both nod in excitement. That's when Liam joins into the conversation. "Well then why don't I sign something for you two?" Liam ask with an eyebrow raised.

The two boys nod again and that's how the long airplane ride to America had started. The two boys, Nick and Matt, had told us all about themselves.

They were both Youtubers known as Nickalaws and GayGod. I felt kind if bad for not knowing who they were but the two gay guys didn't care. Liam had kind of tuned them out after a while not being very interested in the conversation of talking about guys.

"Do you know if any of the guys are gay?!" Matt asks me suddenly.

My eyes widen at his question and I turn to look at him. "I don't think they are," I tell him.

"Niall is," Liam says simply.

I turn to look at Liam in shock. "Niall's gay?" I ask him, shocked.

Liam shrugs. "Yeah, he has this relationship with the boys from 5 Seconds Of Summer. He thinks I don't know about it, but I do," he explains.

Nick and Matt share a look with each other and soon a large smile spreads across their faces. "You know what this means?" Nick asks his boyfriend.

"One Direction threesome!" Matt shouts in excitement.

I laugh at the two boys and shake my head. "If you guys want the boy's numbers I can give them to you," I tell the boys with a smirk on my face.

"But," I continue. "You must also promise that you will stay in touch with me and we will hang out some time," I say.

The two agree automatically and that's how we had exchanged cell phone numbers. "You should call my brother all the time. I think he'd love to talk to you," I tell them with a wicked grin.

Liam chuckles at this. "Good way to bug your brother isn't it?" Liam asks.

I smile and nod. "Pay back for all those times as a kid when he stole my food," I say making him laugh again.

The rest of the flight was a blast. The new friends made me forget all about why I was on the plane in the first place. I was grateful for this. When it was time to get off the plane and leave we hesitantly said goodbye before parting ways.

"They were...interesting," Liam says, when we're in the limo on the way to the hotel Harry had picked for us.

I nod. "Yeah, they were, but I think I could be great friends with them," I tell him.

Liam shakes his head with a smile on his face. "You make friends with the weirdest of people," he jokes.

I slap him jokingly. "Hey! Not all my friend's are weird! I'm friends with you aren't I?" I ask Liam with an eyebrow raised.

"Touché," he says.

The hotel that Harry had picked out was nice and high class. I really wish Harry wouldn't spend this much on things for me. I hated how much money he spends on me I didn't like how he uses his hard earned money to take care of all of my needs that I should take care of myself.

The hotel room was huge with a living room and a bathroom to go along with the two bedrooms. Liam wasn't at all amazed by the beauty of the hotel room, he was used to them already. He has been staying in them for a couple years now and he was already used to them.

After we arrived I had locked myself inside my bedroom. I was looking through the pictures of Lily and I that were on my camera roll.

I scroll through the pictures we had taken at the beach a couple days before I moved back to England a couple days before Gage's accident.

Gage, Lily and I thought it would be nice to go and have some fun at the beach since our boarding school was in LA it was always warm so even in late January it was 90 degrees in the town.

I stop at one particular picture. I had gotten someone at the beach to take a picture of all three of us. We looked so happy in that picture. We were all soaking wet from just being in the ocean, but we didn't care. I can still remember that day clearly.

It was one of the best memories with Lily. She had worn a bright green bikini something she always refused to do. I had insisted and she had done it and she looked so pretty in it that day.

Tears have come to my eyes at the beautiful memory. I can't believe she's gone my best friend. Why do things like this happen to people?

I try to hold back my sobs by I can't. I cry hysterically again for only the hundredth time in the past two days. Soon I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Rosemarie? Are you alright?" I hear Liam's voice through the door.

I quickly wipe away my tears with the back of my hand. "Y-yeah," I tell him my voice cracking.

There's silence on the other side of the door making me thinking that Liam must have left. "I know you're not," he finally says making me jump a little.

I sigh looking back down at the picture that's still up on my phone. "Yeah, I'm not," I tell him honestly.

"Can I come in?" He asks.

"Yeah just wait a second," I say. I get up off of the hotel bed and walk over to the bedroom door I unlock it and swing it open to see a worried looking Liam Payne behind it.

As soon as he sees my red eyes he engulf me into a hug, "I'm so sorry this happened to you," he whispers into my ear.

I smile sadly and return his hug before pulling away from him. "I am too. I just have to be strong and stop getting all worked up," I say.

Liam shakes his head at me statement. "No, Rose, you don't have to be strong at a time like this. Your best friend just died you be as sad as you like," he says and I can't help but giggle at this.

"Thank you, Liam. Your a great friend you know that?" I ask the man.

Liam looks at the ground sadly and I'm confused by this. Why is he sad about me calling him a good friend? I shake this off like I did with the thing at the airport.

Soon Liam is turning his head back up to look at me with a smile spread across his face. "Why don't we go out for ice cream?" He asks, obviously trying to cheer me up.

I nod, thankful for his proposition. "I think that's a wonderful idea," I tell him.

***

"You have ice cream on your face!" Liam says, laughing.

The man had just smeared some of his chocolate ice cream cone on my face. I glare at him and scoop up some of my own vanilla cone and smear it onto his own face.

"Ha! Who has ice cream on their face now?!" I ask in triumph.

Soon Liam is throwing more ice cream at me. "Still you," he says with a big smile.

Soon enough we had a full on ice cream war. Both of us throwing ice cream at each other. That was until the manager noticed what we were doing and kicked us out of his ice cream parlor.

"And never come back!" He shouts after the two of us as we leave the shop laughing like two maniacs.

We end up in the park after that, sitting on a bench watching the little kids as they ran around and played with one another. Neither of us were talking just watching the kids.

"You know I really want one of them," Liam says breaking the silence.

I turn to look at him. "I kid?" I ask him, confused.

He nods. "Yeah, I've always loved kids and I really want some of my own," he says and I smile.

I've always loved kids and I couldn't wait to have my own as well. It wouldn't be long until Gage and I will have some though. After all, I have just graduated high school, and after I get a job I plan on starting a family with my fiancé who will hopefully be my husband by then.

"I can't wait to have kids with Gage," I tell Liam smiling just thinking about it.

They would have his eyes. Those beautiful chocolate brown eyes while they would have my curly hair and perfect skin. They would he the cutest children alive.

"I don't have anybody to have that with," Liam says sadly, sighing.

I turn on the park bench to look at him. He looked so sad in that moment. I just wanted to make him feel better. Before I know what I am doing I am leaning into the other man, our lips connecting into a soft and sweet kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 8! I hope you like it!