Status: i won't abandon it, i swear

Victim

Last Seen In San Diego

Today was supposed to be like any other Friday. I was supposed to go to class, then work, and then maybe go get drunk with my friends.
Only today didn’t go like that, and I can’t decide whether or not that was a bad thing.
My life wasn’t particularly exciting. I was single and living in a shit-hole apartment, working two jobs, and attending college. I didn’t even know what I wanted to do with my life.
But I had never expected it to go like this. I had never even known this was a possibility. But apparently I had been missing a lot….
My story starts off like any other Friday. Only it doesn’t really. It starts with a kidnapping.

I walked out of my crappy apartment and headed down the mostly deserted sidewalk to school, shivering a little against the cold blowing in my face.
It was early December, and me being a stubborn idiot, refused to wear that monstrosity of a coat. My mother had bought it for me, and it was horrible; puffy and stiff and bright, fucking orange. I hated it.
So instead, I had on my favorite, deep blue hoodie that I’d had since my junior year of high school, and a grey beanie to match my jeans.
Too bad for me it was 8 am and only 25 degrees.
I shuddered again and bounced on the balls of my feet, waiting for the crosswalk to change.
It felt like years before the orange, neon hand light changed to ‘walk’, and when it finally did, a large, white van stopped in front of me. I groaned and went to walk around it as the sliding door suddenly slammed open, a hooded man jumping out.
I tried to move out of the way, but I was suddenly being grabbed, a thick cloth pressing over my mouth and nose. I choked and dropped my books as I struggled to get free, another blurry person coming out of the van.
My vision fuzzed, everything blending together sloppily as I tried to stay awake. I couldn’t breathe through the cloth very well and after fighting to hold my breath for a minute, the sickly-sweet chemicals filled my lungs and everything went black….

I woke up slowly, my head feeling heavy and like I had just slept for six years. I blinked over and over again until I could finally see, and then tried to move.
My wrists and ankles were tied to what I assumed was a wooden chair, and I could faintly hear voices around me. I glanced around, taking a deep breath and waited until I could finally see straight.
There were two guys standing a little away from me, one about a foot taller than the other. I looked at both of them intently, thankful that they didn’t seem to realize I was awake. They were both pale with black hair, the shorter one with blond highlights towards the end.
I couldn’t make out most of their defining features, but they looked like they could be related. I strained to hear what their hushed voices were saying, both of them seemingly talking to only each other.
“You’re sure?” the small one asked. “Mhm, when am I not?” the other said. “Mm, I don’t know. Are you staying?” The taller one shook his head in reply and then leant down and pressed his lips to the other one.
So much for them being related. I watched the two of them kiss briefly and then smile at each other before the smaller of the two looked at me.
My eyes widened in sudden terror at having been caught. Whoever they were, they had kidnapped me. I didn’t even know why; I had never seen either of them before.
The tall one chuckled and walked down a hallway before I heard a door close as the other walked up to me.
He looked kind of dainty, now that I could see him properly; his slightly feminine features not the least bit threatening. “What’s the matter?” he asked, cocking his head to one side. I looked him over, noticing his tight black jeans and matching v-neck.
“You kidnapped me,” The boy chuckled and shrugged, not denying the accusation. “Why?” I demanded.
“Technically love, I didn't kidnap you. Jack did,” I glared in frustration, desperate to find out what was going on. “Who are you and why did you bring me here?” The boy sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, the top of his shirt inching down to reveal a black tattoo over his collar. “I’m Kellin, but you may refer to me as sir,”
I cocked an eyebrow at his demanding tone. Who did he think he was? “What do you want with me?” Kellin suddenly smiled. “You’re mine,” he stated, confusing me further.
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” He didn’t look very pleased with me anymore. “It means that you should behave,” he threatened.
He looked suddenly much more intimidating, even despite his delicate appearance. “I don’t understand,” I admitted. “Why did you take me?”
Kellin sighed and then walked over to straddle my lap. I looked at him in surprise, startled by his abrasiveness. “I’m going to keep you,” he said seductively.
“I know you don’t understand why, but you will. For now though, just know that you are mine.” What the actual fuck. “I don’t belong to you just because you kidnapped me. Let me go,” I ordered. Kellin rolled his eyes and sat back a little.
“You really are clueless, aren’t you?” he said and then smirked, showing off his strikingly white teeth….
“What the hell…” I whispered and stared in horror at his little sharp canines. “I took you for a reason,” Kellin said and then moved his lips close to my neck.
My heart raced in my chest, hard enough that he could probably feel it. “Do me a favor sweetheart and try not to pass out,” he requested before sinking his teeth into me.
I gasped in pain as he bit me, the horrible realization hitting me. I felt him lightly sucking against my skin and then, sorry for his luck, I passed out.

“Wake him up,” I heard Kellin say. I groaned and moved my neck, wincing as a sudden sharp pain shot through me. “Nevermind,” he muttered. I opened my eyes to be met with his irritated face a foot from mine.
“What did I tell you?” he asked and straightened up. I didn’t answer, earning another glare.
“See how disobedient he is?” Kellin asked. It took me a minute to realize that he was talking to someone else. “You’ll just have to deal with it. You know your father can't find anyone else.”
I searched around for the source of the voice, my eyes falling to a little redhead with thick-brimmed glasses on.
“Shut up Matty,” Kellin snapped and walked over to me again. He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. “You have to behave,” he ordered, a determined look on his face. I wonder if he knew how confused I was.
“I don’t know what you mean,” He let go of me then, turning to look at whoever this Matty person was. “Didn’t you two tell him anything?” he asked and crossed his arms.
“No, we weren’t told to. Figured you would anyways,” Kellin made an exasperated face at him and then looked back at me. “Tell me what you know,” he said (demanded).
“Just that you fucking kidnapped me and then bit me,” I said sweetly and fake smiled at him. “See? He has so much unnecessary attitude,” Kellin stated. “Well tough luck cause you already marked him.”
Kellin whined, tipping his head back. “Why do I always get the bad ones?” he complained. “Maybe to teach you a lesson,” Matty disappeared before Kellin could find something to throw at him. “You,” he said, turning to me again.
“No more sass. You’re mine now and I expect you to behave,” I made a face at him, earning another glare. “I’m dreaming right? I would really like to wake up now,” Kellin sighed and rubbed his hands over his face before looking at me.
“I’m so fucked,” he muttered. “No, you are not dreaming. So…what do you think is going on?” I thought about that for a minute, not entirely sure yet.
“Um…I was kidnapped on my way to school, woke up here, and then you bit me. I passed out and now here we are,” Kellin sighed again and sat down on the arm of the beige couch behind him.
“I’m a vampire,” he stated. “Oh, that makes so much sense. I’m the Easter Bunny,” he glared at me for what felt like the hundredth time.
“I’m serious. You were brought to me because you’re from a rare bloodline and now you are mine.” I just looked at him funny. “Right, okay.”
Kellin looked like he might punch me. “Stop that! You’re my slave now; you’re supposed to obey me!” I scoffed at him. “I am no one’s slave. You can’t just own people,”
Kellin whined and stood up again “Vampires can. We make bonds with humans so that we can feed from them. They’re called bloodslaves, and you’re supposed to be mine; however you are the most disobedient thins I have ever met.”
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. This was all crazy.
Maybe I was on meth and didn’t know it.
“So, what? I’m just supposed to go along with all of this? I do have a life you know,” Kellin rolled his eyes. “Working and studying all day? That’s what you call a life?” I tried not to be offended and just glared at him.
“Yes. I expect you to behave. So, the first rule is that you stop talking back to me. I’ve had enough of your attitude. Second, you obey everything that I tell you to do, and let me feed from you whenever I want,” he said.
“And if I don’t?” I countered. No way was I going to be someone’s slave. “Then I will punish you. Don’t test me. Next, you are not to be intimate with anyone. I don’t want you falling in love with some girl and complicating this even more,” I started laughing, Kellin making a confused little face at me. “What’s so funny?” he asked, not the least bit amused. “Well gees Kellin, you’re the one that stalked and kidnapped me. I thought you would’ve at least known that I’m gay,”
Kellin glared at me again. “Stop that. And you may only address me as sir or master,” I smirked and nodded. “Okay Kellin, see how far that gets you,” He had that little quirk to his angry face that made him look like he might stamp his foot and whine at me if I upset him. I figured he always got his way, and now that he wasn’t it pissed him off. Good.
“Why can’t you just behave?” he asked exasperatedly. “Because I don’t want to. As much as you’d like to believe, you don’t own me. I have rights,” I said.
“But you’re meant to be mine. The oracle saw you,” he said back, confusing me again. “What?” Kellin sighed quietly. “You’re hopeless. The oracle sees select humans whose blood is compatible with ours, and yours is with mine. Therefore, I can survive off of you without killing you.”
I nodded slowly, thinking all of this through. “Can’t you just find someone else then? I don’t want to be your slave,” Kellin shook his head. “There is only one person compatible with a vampire every eighteen years. Anyone else that’s blood is compatible with mine is either too old or too young. They would die if I drank from them.”
I groaned. I really did not want to be some bitchy vampire’s slave for who knows how long. “How long does this thing last? Until I’m too old for you?” I asked.
“Until you are thirty-six,” Kellin said and crossed his arms again. “Why? What’s so great about that number?” I didn’t get why he couldn’t just let me go. Surely there was someone else…. “Because I was eighteen when I died,” I blinked, surprised by his words. I had assumed that if he was a vampire, then he would’ve have been born that way. “I was eighteen, so I can only feed from someone whose is between eighteen and thirty-six years old. They have to be of age and compatible with my blood, so currently, you are the only one.” I glared at the light, hardwood floors, hating my luck.
Of course this would happen to me. “How old are you?” I asked. Kellin grimaced, his little nose wrinkling.
“Technically…forty-nine,” I laughed, kind of enjoying the displeased look on his face.
“Shut up, I’m still 18,” he growled. I guess he was touchy about his age…and everything else that didn’t go his way.
“Wait, so, if you’re forty-nine, wouldn’t you have had to have people before me? Shouldn’t you be 72?” Kellin shook his head. “I had two people before you. One of them, um…she was taken away from me, and then other…it’s complicated.”
I cocked an eyebrow at him, waiting for more explanation. “I—I was in love with the girl, Katy, and my father hated it, so he turned her. She’s still alive, but now she’s succubus and a total bitch. The other…he was bitten. Another vampire that hates me…he, um, contaminated his blood so that I couldn’t drink from him. He died from it,”
I sat there, still tied to this fucking chair, and stared at him. “I’m sorry. You’re family sounds like a bunch of assholes,” He laughed a little at that and nodded.
“They’re not the best. Anyways, you have no choice. So stop being a little fucker and behave,” I suppressed a smile at that. “What am I supposed to do?” I asked.
“You still get to live your life and things, but you have to obey me and let me feed from you whenever. Like I said,” Kellin seemed to go back into bossy mode as he spoke.
“You also have to live here, but that shouldn’t be a problem; I’ve seen your apartment.” I glared at him again.
“And no intimacy with boys either,” he ordered. I shrugged, not really minding that particular rule. I hadn’t dated in a while; I was always so busy.
“Okay. But I hope you know, I’m not going to call you master. Kellin,” He made a face and then gave in. “Do you even know my name?” I asked.
“Mhm, and I’ve chosen to ignore it. Slave,” We both glared at each other for a minute before he moved to untie me.
I stretched my muscles, trying to ignore the dull ache in my arms. “Thanks,” I muttered sarcastically. “Enough with the attitude,” he said and walked off down the hall.
I sighed before following, still wondering what I had gotten myself into. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
I HAVE NO CHILL

title- "Besitos" Pierce the Veil (ish)