Psychogenic

✝Three✝

10-16

That night seemed to last for a century. But eventually, I made my way back to my own bed and slept. It's not that I wanted to sleep, but I was exhausted I ended up doing just that.

Now that I'm awake, I'm kind of lost at what I'm supposed to do. Vic's still sleeping and I haven't seen nor heard anything from the lady or anyone else.

My mind began to wander as it usually does. Am I going to get out of here? Surely my friends will try and find me. I just don't know right now.

I watched as Vic turned over and opened his eyes, squinting at me. I smiled and watched him stretch and yawn.

"Hey." He said in a relaxed tone, which told me he didn't realize where we were yet. But then, he remembered.

"Hi." I replied meekly, getting out my bed and walking to the door. I pressed my ear against it.

Nothing.

"Anything?" I heard him call, so I shook my head.

With a sigh, I moved away and sat down next to Vic.

"You feelin' okay?" He nodded.

"I'm sore, but okay."

"I wonder what they're going to make us do today." I mumbled more to myself than to him.

"I don't know, but I doubt it's anything fun."

"I just want to go home." I admitted, my heartbeat going irregular again. "I...I can't be confined like this Vic. What if we actually do go crazy here?" I thought, looking at him with a frown.

"Hey, hey calm down. Everything's going to work out. Don't panic, just stay calm and don't let this place get to you." I nodded as I heard the lock on our door being moved around.

I promptly went back to my bed, and then the door opened, revealing a women dressed much like the other from last night had, but it wasn't her.

Her smiled was bright and lively, unlike the others.

"Hello boys." She spoke, and I relieved she didn't call us children. "It's time to eat your breakfast." I looked at Vic before nodding and following her out the door. Vic tagged behind slowly.

So, I began to speak.

"So...who are you?"

"I'm Sister Cecilia, I help guide lost souls like you." She smiled again, but I wasn't buying it. This was an act.

"There was a lady who visited us last night. She kept calling us children and-"

"That would be Sister Margaret, our headmaster. You don't want to get on her bad side." I looked back at Vic who in return stared at the floor.

No one talked for the rest of the time before we ended up in a big room where many others stood.

My eyes first landed upon a short lady hugging her knees rocking herself back and forth. Beside her sat a man who looked intoxicated, but I doubt he was. No way did they allow alcohol here.

As we got farther into the room, I saw many others. Most were dragging around in ragged clothes, except for the new people here, including myself. It smelled bad here too.

Sister Cecilia weaved us through the crowd and helped me when some lady clutched my coat. Security I'd assume came in and took her back to her cell.

The food we got was plain and simple, oatmeal. I looked at it with disgust, but I was hungry.

"I'd suggest you to eat, unless you want to look like them." Sister Cecilia whispered to Vic and I.

Why was she nice to us?

Without a second comprehension, Vic and I were eating the nasty oatmeal. If it kept us in good shape, then I'd eat it honestly. I didn't want to come down like anyone had in here, but I'm pretty sure I will in the end anyways.

Vic finished before me, but he waited for me. When I finished, we stood up and began to walk towards the hall, but the lady, or Sister Margaret, interrupted us.

"Good morning children." She said and I saw Vic bite down on his lip to keep quiet. She glared at Vic, but then smiled at me. "I have to say, you're not allowed to go back into your cell right now. You can stay out here with the other mentals." She smiled once again before turning around and walking away, her heels clicking with every step.

"What a bitch." Vic muttered, and I nodded in agreement. She was unbelievable.

"What do you want to do?" I asked, glancing around the room.

"Uh, we could sit and talk?" He suggested, so I followed him to an empty table and sat down.

And so we talked. For quite a long time as well. He told me about why he was on the bus, what he does for a living, and I told him the same. By the time another Sister rang the bell signalling us back to our cells, I had known Vic better than I may have known have known some of my friends. And I bet he felt the same way.

The walk to our cell was quiet, except for our shoes clicking on the cement. A guard followed behind, just to keep an eye onus. I heard the cries again.

"This is a mad house!" One man screamed, and that was one of the only ones I could really make out.

He was right, this is a mad house. He may be mentally ill, but no one has the right to lock them up in asylum.

The night was long, and for the most part of the evening, I just laid on my bed and tapped the wall. Vic did the same.

But then the lock jiggled and in walked a guard. His voice was low and hollow.

"Sister Margaret would like to see you, Vic." How did they know his name? Vic shook his head quickly, sitting up and hugging his knees much like last night. With a sigh, the guard shut the door and walked in, going to grab Vic. But I stopped him.

"Stop, leave him alone. Take me." I ordered, pushing him away from Vic.

"She wants him, not you. Now move." He shoved me aside and latched onto Vic's arm.

"I hope you burn." I yelled at the guard, trying to pry his hand off of Vic's wrist. But it was no use.

So instead, I pushed him into the wall, and boy did he let go. Vic scurried beside me, whispering to me that it was okay, he was okay. I just didn't feel like he needed anymore more pain inflicted on him.

The guards eyes resembled Sister Margaret's like the first night.

"I'll be back for you." He pointed at Vic, then grabbed my arm. Vic's eyes filled with worry as he the guard yanked me out of the room.



I was honestly panicking by the time we got to Sister Margaret's office. I was afraid of her, that was for sure. When the guard shoved me through the door, Sister Margaret looked up from her desk and frowned, tapping her pen on the desk. Vic was right in his description. On the right wall was cupboard, on which I assume contains lashes and canes. The room was bright, and hanging above the door was a cross.

Why is this place so religious? If I were Christian, whipping innocent people would be a sin.

"This isn't the one I wanted, Jack." She stated, looking me up and down. I avoided her gaze.

"Well it looks like you'll be getting two visits ma'am." Her eyes widened.

"Explain." She said rather calmly and invited me to sit.

"Why? I thought you thought I was too mentally stupid to tell you anything."

"You're different." I quirked my eyebrows. "You're here because something is wrong with you, or you're a killer. So you must be a killer, but in your right mind. So, I'll give you one chance to plead yourself." She's crazy, literally.

"I am not a killer, but I'll still explain." She didn't argue. "The guard, Jack, came in and tried to take Vic away, but I wouldn't allow it. I shoved him into the wall and he hit his head, then took me instead of him. I know what you did to him." I said quickly.

"You don't tell a soul." She snapped, so I happily agreed and nodded, sinking back into the chair. "I am not going to punish you Kellin. Well, yes I am, but differently." That sinister look was back.

"Follow me." She said. So she led me out the office, down a few flight of stairs, and into a new hallway.

"Take him boys, I have another problem to deal with." She said nonchalantly, and before I could struggle the guards latched onto my arms and pulled me into the dark, dark hallway.

"Let me go!" I screamed, scratching at their arms, but I just couldn't get their grip off of me.

I was thrown into a cell much smaller and compact than the other. There were no lights and only a blanket in the corner.

"Don't do something stupid." One guard spat before shutting the door and locking both locks. Apparently this one had two?

Why was I in here? Was this my punishment?

I sat down at the blanket and stared into the nothingness until tears came to my eyes.

And so I cried, and I cried. I did not sleep, though I would've loved to.

I was stuck here forever.