Psychogenic

✝Six✝

10-18

"Go fish." Philomena said to Vic. With a sigh he drew from the pile. I hid behind my cards, laughing at him quietly. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"It's your turn." He said with a lack of enthusiasm. I wiped the smile off of my face.

"Vic, do you have an ace?"

"Fuck." He said, tossing me his card. I bit down on my lip, trying to contain my laughter.

Things were actually going quite well here right now. I'd prefer out of this madhouse, but at least I'm not locked up in a cell anymore. For now anyways. God knows we'll end up back there again. But for now, we're okay...I'm okay.

Our game of go fish ended hours later when the doors opened again. People scurried away as a man in a suit rolled in a young looking boy on a cart. Sister Margaret and one of the guards for the main hallway walked up to the man. I couldn't here what he was saying, but whatever it was was important.

I found myself wishing to hear their conversation. Who was this man? Why was he here? This was no hospital!

Well I guess some do call this place a "mental" hospital, but it isn't what everyone calls it. This is an asylum, they don't treat anyone. They lock you in the gates of hell basically and treat you cruelly.

The boy was rolled away quickly, and I watched Sister Margaret follow behind, hands clasped over her mouth. I nudged Vic's side. He looked to where I was pointing and nodded before standing up.

We walked towards the hallway carefully, looking down it for clearance. No one was there. Hastily, we shuffled down it to the corridor, and there I saw them roll the boy into a small room. The door slammed shut, so I willed myself to the door and peered through the window.

"Kellin...Be careful." Vic warned in a whisper, but I shrugged it off.

"He's in shock." A man concluded. "He's cold, and his eyes are lacking of normal luster."

"I'll go get Dr. Wunder." Sister Margaret said, so I moved myself from the door and pulled Vic with me back to the main room. Shortly after, she reappeared, but only for a few moments. Soon after, I saw a man with her.

He looked fairly young, but old at the same time. I've never seen him before though. His glasses were tilted as if he was focusing on something. They left again, down the hall. So we followed, clear to the same point.

Dr. Wunder hovered over the boy, looking at him with such precision. My eyes lingered upon the boy. His breathing looked shallow, and he also seemed to be unconscious.

"He's bleeding internal from gun wound, where is the defibrillator?" Dr. Wunder asked calmly.

"Gunshot wound?" I whispered to Vic. He just shrugged and kept his ear pressed to the cool, metal door. I peered inside again.

The doctor had two square paddles with metal on the ends of them. He rubbed them together before pressed them onto the boy chest. There was a wave of noise as his body shook. Something above the door on the other side fell, so I slid down quickly, just in case anyone looked. A few minutes later, I peered back. No one was looking.

Slowly, I stood up more and looked down to the floor. There lay the cross that was once above my door.

The noise continued for what seemed to be ages, but then I heard coughing. The coughing turned into wheezing shortly. I watched as Sister Margaret traced what seemed to be a cross on his forehead with her nail.

She's a complete freak.

The doctor continued to shock the boy it seemed until his eyes were wide open. He coughed out blood, and I cringed in disgust.

"What's happening?" Vic asked frantically. I honestly had forgotten about his existence for a time there. Quickly, I sat down on the floor.

"He's alive, b-but bleeding." I said, my mind flashing back to the horrific images of the boy.

At least they were trying to save him. But if they save him, he's already in another hell.

He's stuck here, whether he's insane or not.

Things settled down shortly after as I saw his breathing was steady. His eyes were droopy, but open. Everyone looked at him in anticipation. Vic's breathing became more sufficient.

Quickly, I walked away from the door and back towards the main room. Vic shuffled behind me. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Are you alright?" He asked calmly, so I shook my head. "M-maybe we should get back to the cell o-or-"

"No!" I screamed at him. My heart raced, but for what reason I'm not sure. Was it because I just saw such gruesome sights? There's been worse i've seen. Everything below me seemed to be a gold color, then it slowly faded into a black midst. I no longer heard anything, or really saw anything.

I just blacked out.

Vic

"Kellin?" I asked him frantically, noticing his eyes were staring off into oblivion. "Kellin....stop." I commanded as his body began to sway. Thereafter his knees gave in and he fell to the hard floor. Some people looked, other didn't. I was left in a state of shock.

Did he just pass out?

I looked around the room, making sure no guards were around. With a huff, I pulled him up and swung him over my shoulder before shuffling down the cell hallway. A guard was at the end.

Shit.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked me in a harsh tone that made my blood run cold.

"Helping." I said before moving pass him and back into my cell. Fortunately, he didn't lock it when we left earlier.

I tossed Kellin onto his bed and sat down next to him, holding his hand slightly. It was kind of awkward for me to do so, but I assumed when he woke up he'd want some comfort. This was my contribution.

Less than thirty seconds later, I watched his eyes open before he sat up in a state of fear. I squeezed his hand, and then he focused in on me.

"Where am I?" He asked frantically.

"Relax, you're okay." He nodded, touching his forehead slightly, then cringing.

"What happened?" I shrugged.

"I think you passed out."

"Everything feels like a dream of some sort."

"I wish it was." I mumbled under my breath, then gave him a reassuring smile.

My hand slipped out of his hand, and from that moment, I kind of missed his touch. When we were together, I felt invincible. Like nothing could hurt me.

I watched his eyes flutter close before I sat back down on my bed and hummed a song my mom used to sing to me when I was little and didn't feel good.

I wonder what she's up.