Deamon Venator

Chapter Ten

Ryan started driving a while later, Dani saw a diner that had the best chili cheese dogs and fries. “RYAN PULL OVER!” She yelled. He hit the brakes and pulled over to the side of the road to the diner’s parking lot.
“What?” He asked.
“I’m hungry; this place has the best chili cheese dogs and fries.” Dani stated. He glared at her, but was fighting a smile.
“Here.” He passed his debt card and she got out and headed towards the door, she stopped and looked around.
“My spidy senses are tingling.” She muttered; she looked over her shoulder at Ryan. He gave her a look, and she shook her head she turned back to head towards the diner. Something wrapped around her ankles and she was pulled to the ground, she let out a small scream, and then clawed at the ground to try and stop of herself from being pulled forward.
“DANI!” Ryan and Dylan yelled, she went into a pit, but thankfully grabbed her daggers beforehand and shoved it into the ground and was holding on for dear life, Ryan grabbed her hands and was pulling her up, Ryan got her back on solid ground and Dylan cut what was holding her, she fell forward and looked at Ryan.
Dylan smirked, “didn’t you want a chili dog and fries?” He asked.
“Oh my god, I completely forgot.” Natalie helped Dani stand up and headed towards the diner. The guys behind them. “I thought I was getting it to go?”
“No, let’s just sit back and all grab a bite, you almost getting dragged to hell well you deserve anything you want.” Ryan said sliding in the booth with Dani. Of course she ordered her chili cheese dog and fries, Natalie ordered a veggie burger with sweet potato fries, Dylan ordered a double burger with fries, and Ryan ordered a BLT with chili cheese fries. Knowing she would end up eating them for him; which of course she did.
After they finished their meal they headed home. Dani was more tired than she realized. She was dozing as they headed back to the mansion. She didn’t bother going to see her father, she went straight to her bedroom, Ryan hovering as she went.

Once Dani was in bed, Ryan went downstairs. He explained what happened at the diner. “It sounds like an underling or something, a demon who feeds on fetuses.” His father stated, “Where is Dani now?”
“Sleeping, she was dozing on the way home, it didn’t seem to affect her appetite she had a chili cheese dog, and chili cheese fries, plus half my chili cheese fries.” Ryan explained.
“Well I’m sure she’s fine, but we’ll keep an eye on her. But for now, she shouldn’t be left alone. Ryan that is you will be sticking close to her, while Dylan and Natalie hunt down any demon who will pose a threat to the baby.” Mr. West stated.
“Alright,” Ryan nodded. Sure he wished he could be a part of the ass kicking that was meant to protect his son or daughter, but he understood that he had to protect the baby by protecting Dani. His father kept stealing glances at him. “Dad why do you keep staring at me?”
“I’m surprised you’re not fighting to hunt down demons, instead of hanging out with Dani 24/7.” His father said. Shrugging Ryan stood up.
“Well in some way I am protecting my baby, by protecting Dani, even if she doesn’t need it.” Ryan stated, “speaking of which I think I’m going to go check on her, than get some sleep, night.” Ryan went upstairs and slipped into Dani’s room, she was laying there she glanced at him as he walked in. She patted the bed beside her, and pulled the blankets back.
“Go change into pjs and come cuddle.” Dani said.
“I sleep naked.” Ryan smirked, getting a giggle out of her. He pulled his shirt and pants off and climbed into bed, she laid her head on his chest.
“I was worried, when the demon attacked, I thought for sure that would be the end of me and the baby, thankfully you, Dylan and Natalie was there for me.” Dani said.
“Don’t forget babe, that baby is the center of our world, it’s the first baby to be born to the new generation for the four families.” He said.
“For tonight, can we pretend that demons don’t exist, and there isn’t much riding on our baby?” Dani asked.
“Sounds good to me, hearing how many demon’s would love to have our baby for a snack well, it made me wonder if raising him or her in our world is such a good thing. I mean the baby would never have a normal life, we never did. And that’s what’s most important right? What’s the best thing for the baby?” Ryan said.
“Right, but then again, we’d never be able to raise this baby anywhere but in this life.” Dani sighed. It went silent a moment, and Ryan looked down at Dani, she was sound asleep. She was always able to fall asleep quickly, hell they all could, it was the life the lived, always using up so much energy fighting the hell spawns that they fell asleep the moment their head’s hit the pillows. Getting comfortable, Ryan laid there a while, before falling asleep to the rhythm of Dani’s breathing.

Dylan and Natalie went to their shared room, to get some sleep before they had to demon hunt tomorrow. She changed into sleeping shorts and a camisole, and he kept his boxer’s on. “I wish that baby didn’t have all this to worry about.” Natalie sighed.
“I bet Ryan and Dani wish the same thing.” Dylan sighed. “And when we have kids, it’ll be the same for us, being told how to raise our children by the Elder’s.”
“Thankfully our fathers are Elder’s as well, as are Dani’s and Ryan’s fathers.” Natalie said climbing onto the bed, Dylan laid back and she laid her head on his chest. “But enough demon talk for now, let’s get a good night sleep, and talk shop tomorrow.” With that Dylan shut the light off, and before long Natalie could hear Dylan’s soft snores. Closing her eyes she too floated to dream land.

Watching the mansion’s lights go off, Genevieve glared. She was able to escape the world of hunting, only for the world to find out about it, and her daughter got caught following the damn Elder’s rules. She wasn’t a huge fan of the Elder’s, it was actually one of the reason’s she left. It wasn’t very well known, a hunter choosing to leave the only life they have ever known. But it was how Genevieve wanted it. She just wished she had the notion of bring her daughter with her. For nearly 15 years she has regretted leaving her daughter, she was only ten years old. Barely started her training, it would have been the perfect time to take her away. But the Elder’s stepped in and stopped it. She has seen the world has lived in the most beautiful of places, before settling near her home town of Barcelona, Spain, choosing to live in a small village. She has lived a quiet life, has turned a blinds eye to the shadow world, and they have forgotten her, each time she has seen a hunter she has gone the other way, thankfully not much action happens there.
Word has gotten to her that her daughter was pregnant. Being only 25, and not even married, if it was a mortal’s child, she wouldn’t have been allowed to keep it. So it had to be a part of one of the other four families’ bloodline. Not only a part of the West family, but that baby could be a Langston or Jordan. But if rumors can be trusted, the Langston boy was dating the Hoag girl, which would leave the Jordan boy as the only other option. She wondered what her daughter looked like, Danika was such a pretty little girl, Genevieve bet she was now a beautiful young women. But to become pregnant, Genevieve would never have allowed that. The only option that Genevieve could think of was to get Danika and that baby out of this life; to help them live a normal life like she does.
Any mother would want that for her child. Plus Danika must not like being a Demon Hunter, being told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. Knowing her daughter use to hate following rules, Genevieve bet she still did. So when Danika was alone, she’d go to her daughter and help her escape. It was the best thing for Danika and Genevieve’s grandbaby. Genevieve drove to a motel and got a room for the night, tomorrow she would approach her daughter and help her live a life she deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, hope everyone has a merry Christmas. I'll try and get more out, and hopefully longer as well! Happy Reading. FEED BACK PLEASE! I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE STORY!!!!