Deamon Venator

Chapter Eleven

Dani woke up starving. Walking downstairs, she heard giggling, not some girly giggle, but a childish giggle, she brought out into a smile and quickly rushed to the kitchen. Her cousin - her fathers brother's son - and his son was sitting in there, her Ryan tickling the 2 year old Robert. "You excited to become a father?" Oliver asked.
"I am, I wasn't sure how I felt about it in the beginning, but now I can't wait to hold my son or daughter in my arms." Ryan said.
"Then you give birth, while I don't." Dani stated, she went to the fridge and started pulling things out to make a sandwich. She put ham, turkey, peanut butter, hot fudge, pickles and mayo. She grabbed a bag of chips, put the sandwich on a plate and went to sit down.
"That looks incredibly disgusting." Oliver said.
"Yet soooo good." I giggled. Once Dani finished eating she motioned for little Robby to come to her, he got off of Ryan and he ran to her. She picked him up and tickled Robby, "would you like to go play outside?"
"YEAH!" He screamed, making everyone laugh. Putting him down, Dani followed him to the door, sure she was still in her sleeping shorts and camisole, no shoes, but this was her home, and no one judged. Ryan was in a pair of sweatpants and a wife beater, Oliver wore a t-shirt and jeans. Dani chased Robby to the little play area that was built for the little ones, she remembered playing on it when she was young, it was where Ryan broke his arm. Of course she pushed him off of it but that wasn't the point.
She was a little winded and needed to sit, Robby wanted to play in the sandbox, so sitting beside him, I built sand castles with him. Dani looked up to see Ryan staring. "What?" Dani asked.
"Well your going to be a great mother." He smiled. Dani could feel her face getting hot, she jerked as something felt like it fluttered across her belly. "What's wrong?" I held my hands out, and he helped me to my feet. She didn't let Ryan's hands go, instead she placed them on her stomach and he pulled his hands away.
"That was your son or daughter." Dani smiled. The look Dani saw on Ryan's face was one she never saw before, but at the same time, was glad she saw it. He was excited about this baby, more so now then before. We played outside for a bit, then headed towards the house.
"THE BABY IS MOVING," Ryan yelled. Just like that everyone came running, Dani giggled as hands touched her belly she glanced outside and froze. Dani knew she was mistaken since the person she thinks she sees can't be the person, she left years ago.
She didn't hear what Natalie asked, "yeah that sounds good." Dani answered, "I'll be right back." Grabbing a butcher knife she put it in her waist band and quickly walked towards the women who birthed her, the women who abandoned her, and now the women who stood in her back yard when she is pregnant with her first child. There had to be a reason; but no matter the reason it couldn't be a good one. "What in the hell are you doing here?" Dani snapped.
"Danika, please watch your tone, don't get too excited, it's not good for the baby." Her mother said.
"Dani, and how dare you step foot on my property telling me what to do, you have no right." Dani snapped.
"So is that Ryan Jordan's baby?" Her mother asked.
"Yes," Dani answered.
"So your dating, engaged or married?" Her mother asked.
"None, it has nothing to do with you, since this baby will never know you." Dani snapped.
"You need to get out of this life, it will destroy you, come with me, and we can raise this baby so it can have a normal life, were this baby will be able to grow up as a normal child, have friends, not worry if she'll die young..." Her mother started.
"Are you asking me to give up the life I know, turn my back on demons and allow them to kill innocent lives? You really have fell off of the wagon haven't you?" Dani snapped, "leave me and my baby alone." She yelled, her mother took a step towards her, and she drew the knife, "I mean it, Genevieve."
"Genevieve? I thought it was supposed to be mom." Genevieve smiled.
"Go to hell, and stay there." With that she turned and headed back towards the house, she was shaking.
"Was that...?" Natalie asked. Slamming the knife down she walked towards the stairs, hoping to get to her bedroom, away from the questions and the pity. She crawled into bed and pulled her covers over her head, rubbing the belly. She heard the door open and closed and peeked out to see who it was.
"I don't want to get in to it." Dani said.
"Good, I would much rather just feel my baby." Ryan said. "Sorry, our baby." He crawled in beside Dani and placed a hand on her belly.

Dani and Ryan laid in bed for a while, then they got dressed and now they were at a diner just the two of them. "It was Genevieve that was out there, she wanted me to run off, let our baby be raised as a normal kid, and for me to turn my back on all that I know. All that I am." It came out as a rush.
"Wait, she wants you to run off with her, live life on the run from the council and that is a normal life for our baby?" Ryan sounded worried.
"I told her to go to hell and stay there. I would never take this baby away from you." Dani promised.
"Thank you." Ryan sighed. "But I'm sorry Genevieve is back and causing trouble for you." He reached over and grabbed her hand.
"I sorry about that as well." Dani smiled, she looked at the menu. She felt her face heat up, "Mmm milkshakes." She didn't like feeling embarrassed, but if Dani was being honest with herself, she and Ryan have never been closer since she has gotten pregnant.
"My name is Hannah and I'll be your server." The girl looked up and looked at Ryan, "and yes I'm single." Ryan glanced at Hannah, and then gave a pointed look in my direction. She followed his gaze, and didn't look disappointed until she saw Dani placed a hand on her belly. "Oh, can I get you something to drink?" Her tone went sour.
"I'll have a chocolate milkshake please." Dani smiled.
"And I'll have a strawberry milkshake." Ryan said, then started looking over the menu again, as did Dani.
"I think you broke that girl's heart." Dani laughed.
"Your are evil, she never had a chance with me, I'm still dating Jenna, and then there's you and the baby." He sighed, "there isn't room for a third girl." Ryan joked.
"There might be a third girl." Dani placed a hand on her belly and smiled, which made Ryan smile. "How do you think of Azalea for a girl?"
"As in my grandmother Azalea?" Ryan asked.
"Yes, and Jace for a boy, a combination of Johnathan and Christian." Dani said.
"I love them both." Ryan smiled.
"Good, because you didn't have a choice in the matter, also I haven't decided on last name." Dani said.
"Well I understand, even if you choose to go with West." Ryan smiled.
The server put two glasses down, and they ordered their meals. Dani got chicken strips with sweet potato fries, Ryan ordered spaghetti and meat balls with a side of garlic bread. Just thinking of that made Dani's mouth water.
"Ryan, I have been trying to call." Jenna said. Dani sipped her milkshake.
"I've been busy, Oliver is in town with his son, and something came up with Dani, so I've been busy." Ryan was trying not to snap at Jenna.
"Oh is everything okay with the baby?" Jenna asked Dani.
"The baby is fine thank you, but it was to do with me, and not the baby." Dani smiled.
Jenna asked Ryan to call her when he got a chance, then went to join her friend. Their food was brought to them, and of course Dani had to make sure she had some of his food as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is a new chapter. Hope everyone had a good holiday!! Feedback please!!!!