Deamon Venator

Chapter Fifteen

She screamed as she pushed. It was an intense pain; she could feel sweat sliding down her face. She lay against the pillow. “One more push.” The doctor said.
“I can’t.” She cried.
“You can, one more push and you will get to meet your baby.” The doctor said. She pushed, screaming as the baby finally came into the world. “Congratulations, it’s a boy.”
“A boy? I have a boy?” Dani asked. They placed the baby on her chest, and then took him and cleaned him up. Dani had to also wear a diaper, she got the tube out of her back and then her baby was in her arms, the doctor opened the curtain, and she felt tears slid down her cheek as she held her baby. “I’m going to go tell everyone we have a son.”
“Okay,” She cried, she looked up at Sara as the doctor closed the curtain. Ryan returned with their fathers and Mr. Langston, Mr. Hoag, Natalie and Dylan. “Come meet Jace Matthew Jordan.”
“You gave him my name?” Ryan asked.
“Of course, he is half your son.” Dani said.
“I’m sorry we left you, we shouldn’t…” Natalie started.
“No, don’t. How we got here isn’t an issue the baby is healthy despite being a month and a half early.” She smiled. “Here Ryan,” she passed Jace to Ryan and the look on his face, made Dani smile. Jace got passed along to everyone, Dani noticed Nate standing in the doorway. She didn't realize how tired she was.
“Nate?” Dani felt the familiar uneasiness that Dani knew to be a demon nearby.
Her roommate gave birth, and then there was a loud commotion and the nurse rushed off with their baby. Jace was placed in her arms, and everyone rushed after the baby. Her roommate was screaming for her baby.
"Don't worry; my friends will save your baby." I promised, she seemed not to be listening, I wanted to get out of bed and help, but truth is, I could barely feel my leg’s from the epidural that I knew I wouldn’t be any help, I’d be more of a hindrance than anything really. Holding Jace to me, I looked down at his relaxed form and I knew that baby needed to be ok; it would be wrong if anything happened to that innocent baby.
Ryan walked in holding the baby, and brought it to the women. She wept and thanked him furiously. He seemed a little embarrassed and brushed it off. He walked over to us, and his eyes lit up at the sight of his son. He was different, he looked overjoyed. He sat on the edge of the bed and put one arm around me, then brushed his fingertips over his son’s face, down his cheek and looked utterly contempt.

It was weird. Being a mother, and finally being able to go home, they kept us in overnight, but now I was being released with Jace, and I sat on the hospital bed, dressed in a baggy shirt and sweatpants, I would need to work out to get rid of the baby belly, and being a hunter I knew I needed to be able to move quickly, but at the same time, everything has changed for me, hunting isn’t as important to me anymore, this little man is. I changed his diaper and put on one of the outfits that Ryan had brought for him. I didn’t think being a mother would be like this, I never that I’d be so happy, want to protect someone so much.
I don’t know if I’d be able to let go, and allow him to start his training in ten years. “Alright Dani, here are your discharge papers as well as little Jace, oh he is so adorable.” Nurse Kellie gushed. She continued to gush over him as I signed the papers. She smiled kindly and left to get a wheel chair for me. I wrapped a blanket around Jace and gathered him into my arms.
“Ready to go?” Ryan asked as he entered the room.
“Yes, Nurse Kellie is on her way with a wheel chair.” I said, he nodded and just as Nurse Kellie walked in with the chair. She helped me into the chair and wheeled me and Jace to Ryan’s truck. Nurse Kellie checked to make sure the car seat was strapped in properly and then I got in and buckled Jace in, and Ryan jumped into the driver seat. He then drove back to the house. He was radiating tension, something was up, but I wasn’t sure. It wasn’t my place to pry either. So I turned my attention to the one man in my life that I didn’t know I couldn’t live without; Jace. He was a good baby, the nurses were surprised when he only cried when he needed a diaper change or was hungry. They said that he slept almost all night, and that I was lucky because not a lot of new moms went through this. Not to mention most new moms usually panicked when they didn’t know what to do, but hunting has made me be able to be calm in situations that are foreign to me.
I smiled at this little man, no pain in the world could compare to the feelings I have when I look at him, and I know I do want more kids, even after all the hell Jace put me through. I looked up to see Ryan looked at me in the rear-view mirror, we are stopped at a stop light, our eyes meet briefly before his attention is back on the road. I didn’t understand his look, but at the same time I didn’t understand guys half the time. Jace started to squirm and my attention went right to him. Once he had my full attention again he settled down.
He grabbed my finger and held on to it. I didn’t know that it would be like this as a mother. Since I didn’t have a mother to show me how to be a mother, so I hopped that I make a good one, because there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for my son. I would make sure he had a safe and happy childhood, with me in his life. Ryan turned into the driveway and then parked beside my car. We got out, I grabbed the car seat and got out of the truck, and Ryan was there he grabbed Jace and set him down then helped me out, I gathered my bag and the diaper bag and then followed him into the house. It was quiet.
I followed Ryan to the [url=http://www.vangviet.com/wp-content/uploads/awesome-vintage-space-nursery.jpg]nursery[/ur], he put Jace in the crib and he started to cry. I giggled and pushed Ryan out of the way and gathered Jace in my arms, which made him settle down. “He’s going to be a mama’s boy.” Ryan was trying to sound exasperated but of course he failed miserably.
“Is that pride I hear in your voice, Ry?” I asked. “Plus who could blame him with a mother like me?”
“Just a tad, and no one would blame him.” He sat on the chair and was watching me with him, it was weird, I carried him for nine months, and now he was here, Ryan grabbed my hips and gently pulled me onto his lap.
“My two favourite people,” he whispered so low, I wasn’t sure that’s what he said. I leaned back into his embrace and felt his lips brush my shoulder. “You know we have a great baby.” He stated.
“I know; I knew long before I gave birth.” I smiled,
“I don’t think I just want one kid, you up for having more someday?” He asked.
“It’s funny, but I want more too, and I was thinking that as we drove home, but I don’t think I can have another baby with you knowing you’re with Jenna.” I stated, I stood up went to the window. Jace started to cry, and I felt his diaper warm, he must’ve pooped. I laid him down and was starting to undress him. Ryan was quiet as he watched me. I don’t know if he was smarting from my comment, or if there was something else on his mind. “Awe look at you handsome man.” I used baby talk, and I couldn’t shake the stupid grin off of my face. “You’re my favourite man in the whole world.” I bent to kiss his nose. I pulled his onesie off and Ryan grabbed my hand.
“Let me change his diaper, since I can’t help with his feedings just yet, allow me to help with something.” Ryan stated.
All I could do was stare at him, finally I found my voice. “Be my guest.” I sat on the chair and watched as Ryan changed his diaper, using the utmost care with him, a gentleness I never seen him use before.
“When you grow up big and strong, I’m going to make sure you have your first bow and arrow.” He smiled, that shocked me, since his choice of weapon was a dagger or other blade, and I preferred the bow and arrow. “And mommy will make sure you know how to properly use it, and then I’ll make sure you know how to throw straight and true.” He tossed the diaper in the diaper genie and fixed his clothes he picked him up and started to sway. “I’ll make sure you’ll want for nothing, but of course your grandfathers and grandmother will beat me if I try and steal there thunder. You’ll like your grandmother; she’ll be flying from Italy just to meet you. And I’m sure she’ll have a few choice words about me and your mommy.” He whispered. So that’s why he’s so distracted, his mother is coming to town.
“When will she be coming?” I asked.
“She’ll be here in the next four days or so.” His hazel eyes locked with my grey eyes. I knew he hadn’t seen his mother in a long time, she could’ve stayed and helped raise him, but of course she took a post in Italy, I don’t remember much about her. I wonder if Ryan remembers her. I never expected her to show up here. I saw how tense he was, Jace was starting to get fussy and Ryan passed Jace to me, I fed him and once he was a sleep, I placed him in his crib, turned the monitor on and headed out, I unpacked my bag and laid down on my bed, Ryan joined me. “Look, I don’t think Jenna and I will be together much longer, I mean, holding that little boy it put things into prospective for me.” He sighed. I reached over and brushed my fingertips down his stubbly cheek.
“I’m here for you honey.” I whispered.
“As I am for you,” he whispered back. I bit my lower lip and gave him a shy smile, I was tired, I yawned and closed my eyes before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think. Happy Reading.