Deamon Venator

Chapter Three

Dani sat at the table eating her pickles when she remembered she promised to go to a birthday party tomorrow. What was she going to get the girl for a gift; she didn’t know how old she was going to turn, but maybe since she was a fan than maybe a starter tool with a lesson, and a shopping trip. She smiled and nodded to herself. “Its official, Dani lost it.” Ryan stated.
“Bite me.” Dani snapped, “And if you bite me, you get a fork to the eye.”
“You two fight like cats and dogs how did you stop long enough to conceive a child?” Mr. Hoag asked.
Dani went to say something, but stopped. That was a good question, “we went to a beach party, danced and then well went back to his place.”
“I don’t need to hear this.” Her father stated.
Dani shrugged, and grabbed another pickle. She finished that one, and went to grab another when she noticed the jar was empty, Ryan took the jar and dumped the pickle juice and rinsed the jar. She yawned and looked at the time, it was only 8:45, and “I’m going to bed.” She muttered, and grabbed her water and headed upstairs. She changed into a pair of sleeping shorts, and a camisole. She noticed the notes and grabbed them than climbed into her four poster California King bed.

Dani jolted up in bed, she had just dreamt about demons doing the kanga and pole dancing. To say that was normal, well would be a lie. Pushing her hair back out of her face, she got out of bed and went to the bathroom, she showered and changed into a pair of black jeans, and a camisole, she pulled her leather cropped jacket on, and the weapons belt which held a propelling gun and cable. As well as a couple of daggers; she put a whip and the address of where she could get the lesson, in a gift bag and she’d get to go shopping with Dani, she made sure she had everything and headed towards the stairs. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a quick breakfast. Once finished, she was on her way out when she ran into Ryan, Mr. Jordan, and her father.
“Where are you going?” Ryan asked.
“To get some information, I promised I’d go to that radio reporter’s daughter’s birthday party at the park, so I’ll see you later.” She headed out the door; she made it to her car before Ryan jogged out.
“Really? You’re going to go even in your condition?” Ryan snapped.
“Do not tell me what I can and can’t do.” She hissed. “You and I aren’t together, yes I’m carrying your baby, but other than that link we are only comrades.” Dani climbed into her car and started it than drove off.

Ryan glared after her car; Dani was taking a bunch of risks and didn’t even seem to care. He had a bad feeling about this. He went to his truck and followed Dani. As he found a spot, he saw Jenna and her sister Helen. Great just what he needed. Getting out, he noticed Dani, and she glared at him, he shot her a smirk and hoped that Jenna didn’t see him, he jogged over to Dani. “We have each others backs in other fights so why wouldn’t we have each others backs now? Before you get all I can handle myself, I have a bad feeling and it usually always panes out.” Ryan explained.
“Fine, but you’re going to have to give her a gift and you can’t get in on mine.” Dani stated, he smiled, and started to follow her.
“Ryan!” Jenna called.
“No,” he whispered. He turned as she walked over to him. Dani didn’t bother to wait, she continued to the party.
“I thought you said you were busy today and couldn’t get free.” Jenna started to get pissed again.
“Sorry, but Dani promised to show up at some kids party, and I have a bad feeling so I tagged along. I’ve always had her back before, so why would I stop now?” He stated.

Dani glanced back to see Ryan talking to his girlfriend and some other chick. “Figures,” Dani stated. She found the party and the reporter. All the kids stopped doing what they were doing as she approached. “I’m looking for the birthday girl.”
“That’s me, my name is Amelia.” The girl said.
“Happy birthday Amelia,” Dani smiled.
“I can’t believe Danika West is at my party.” Amelia gushed.
“Call me Dani, everyone does.” Dani winked at the girl.
Dani passed the girl her gift, and she looked at her mother and then Dani. “Can I open it now?” She asked.
“Go ahead.” Her mother said. She opened it and squealed; Dani winced a little.
“Can I get a picture?” She asked, Dani smiled and nodded. “Good, because no one will believe this unless they were here!”
Her mother used a cell phone and took the picture, a vibration was felt against my hip, I grabbed the small device, it looked like a cell phone but it showed when demons or other supernatural creatures were around, it flashed red, which meant it was a demon. Demons usually took the form of a human, since they can’t possess living humans without their bodies burning out, quickly, so usually they go for a recently dead corpse, or they can’t possess a human, so they show up in their demonic forms. Usually when they possess a human they have the smell of death and decay; they are able to hide the smell for a short period of time, but hunters are able to kill them, using iron to kill them. They are unable to stand the purest forms of iron. So all weapons have some form of iron in it.
Dani looked around and went towards the parking lot, to grab her bow and arrows from her trunk; she only made it half way when she heard screams. Spinning she saw Amelia about to be attacked, without thinking – her usual way – she ran towards Amelia, Dani slid under the demon’s leg’s and grabbed Amelia she hooked up her to belt as they went over the small cliff that housed a ravine.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think so far? Happy reading! Merry Christmas!!