Deamon Venator

Chapter Four

As Dani and Amelia fell over the edge, Dani couldn’t help but think why she always gets herself into these situations. She used the grappling guns and shot it up, and hooked it to her left side; once it hooked they stopped falling in a jerking motion. She grabbed her other one, hooked it to Amelia and unhooked her from Dani, but she wouldn’t let go. She shot the second grappling gun and felt it snag and then hooked it to Amelia’s side, “Amelia, let go, its fine.” Dani promised; she let go. “Grab the rock and start to climb up; I’ll be with you the whole time I promise.”
Slowly they started the climb; Dani would’ve been up at the top by now but needed to make sure Amelia made it safe. Ryan helped Amelia up as Dani pulled herself up. Once unhooked she put them back on her hips. “Looks like daggers won’t be enough might need the bow.” Dani muttered, dusting her pants and shirt off.
“You sit back and keep my ass from being demon chow, but keep out of this fight.” Ryan snapped.
“Why don’t you shove it, I am a hunter, and if any demon is stupid enough to make you demon chow, than I feel sorry for that stupid demon.” Dani snapped back. The quickly brought Amelia to the others and then went to grab their weapons from their vehicles. Dani grabbed her bow and quiver. She hooked the quiver to her hip, and pulled the bow over her shoulder, slamming her trunk shut, she quickly headed towards the demon. Grabbing an arrow she pulled the string of the bow back and let the arrow fly. Shooting one after another, even Ryan had his crossbow. Once she ran out of arrows, she came up with a plan. “I have a plan, cover me.” Dani called, she than ran to the demon, jumped at a tree and used it to fling herself at the demon. She pulled an arrow free, and shoved it into its chest, then flipped off, landing lightly on her feet.
The demon screamed, and then dissolved into nothingness. Dani covered her head, and peeked as it left, taking the arrows with it. Pushing her hair out of her face and looked at the sky, Ryan ran to her. “Are you okay?” Ryan asked.
“Yeah I’m fine, but it looks like there is a storm brewing,” Dani said. Ryan glanced up.
“How about we grab a bite to eat, I’m starving.” Ryan stated. To say Dani wasn’t hungry would be a lie; she agreed and turned to see the party guest.
“I think that you should get going as well, before the storm gets here.” Dani stated. “Happy birthday kid!” With that Dani headed towards her car. She pulled out after Ryan, and followed him to a restaurant. She parked behind Ryan’s truck, and followed him inside. His phone rang, and he picked it up.
“Hello?” He asked. A moment’s pause, “oh hey dad, yeah we just dispatched the demon, now we’re at a diner, coming to join us?” Another pause, he glanced at Dani and smiled, “yes I’m with her now,” another pause, “no just the two of us.” A shorter pause, “okay see you soon.” He gave the name of the diner than hung up.
“For two?” The hostess asked.
“Six.” He answered. She nodded and motioned for the two to follow her to a table, Ryan and Dani sat beside each other.
“Your waiter will be right with you.” The hostess said, one longing look at Ryan – who didn’t notice – and then walked away. Dani had to smile at that.
“Look I shouldn’t have snapped, I just don’t want you to get hurt, or anything happen to the baby.” Ryan stated.
“I know, and I don’t want that either, but until I’m later in my pregnancy, I’m going to continue doing my job, you need to understand that.” Dani said.
“Hi, I’m Jackson and I’ll be your waiter.” The guy who looked like he needed a good day under a hot shower, stated. He checked Dani out, which was just plan creepy. “Can I get you something to drink?”
“I’ll have a cup of coffee.” Ryan said.
“Chocolate Milkshake for me please.” Dani stated.
“Okay.” Jackson stated he went to the counter to get their drinks.
“Want to know what would go good with the milkshake?” Dani asked.
“Pickles?” Ryan asked.
“Mm-hmm.” She smiled. Jackson brought their drinks.
“Do you know what you want or do you need another minute?” Jackson asked.
“We’re waiting for some people, so we’ll wait.” Ryan stated, “Actually do you think we could get a bowl of pickles?”
“Pickles,” Jackson asked there was something about his tone.
“Yes, she wants pickles.” Ryan stated.
“Okay…” he shook his head as he went to the kitchen. A moment later he had a bowl of pickles and set it on the table.
“Thank you.” She was extremely happy now. She nibbled on a pickle and sipped her milkshake as she looked over the menu. The bell over the door sounded and she glanced up to see the four fathers walking their way. She looked back to the menu as her father sat on her right. Mr. Jordan sat across from Ryan; Mr. Hoag sat in front of Dani and Mr. Langston in front of her father. They ordered coffee, and looked at the menu. “Mm chicken club house.”
“Order whatever you want darling.” Father said. Smiling she decided on the chicken club.
“Have you decided?” Jackson asked. Dani got the chicken club house on whole wheat, with a creaser salad. Ryan got a banquet burger with fries and gravy, her father got a BLT with a garden salad, Mr. Jordan got a cheese burger with a side of sweet potato fries, Mr. Hoag got the same thing as her father, and Mr. Langston got potato leek soup. With demon hunter families they are close, and will do anything they can for their family. The four families; West, Jordan, Hoag and Langston, have been around for centuries. They are the most powerful families the demon hunters have ever known, so when one of their own has a child, well everyone will do anything for that person and the child. They protect their own.
And demon hunters only ever have a child with another demon hunter. They date normal people but they never do more than that since it’s a chance that the child wouldn’t become a demon hunter. But since Dani and Ryan’s child comes from two of the most power families of all time, so it was bound to be a very special child. Placing a hand on her stomach, thinking about her child, she saw Jackson bringing some food over, he put the chicken club in front of Dani, and the soup in front of Mr. Langston. Than went back and brought the others their food. Dani still had pickles, and was nibbling one when she saw Ryan’s fries and gravy. It looked really good. Reaching over she took one, “If you wanted fries why not order them?” He asked.
“Because I didn’t know I wanted some until I saw yours.” Dani said she gave her puppy dog look to Ryan who sighed, and shook his head, but didn’t stop her as she took some fries.
“Try dipping these into the gravy.” Mr. Jordan said, putting some sweet potato fries on a saucer and passing them to Dani. She did, and was in food heaven.
“Oh wow.” She sighed, she sipped her shake. And ate her meal as well as Ryan’s fries.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Happy reading! And a Merry Christmas.