Deamon Venator

Chapter Five

Dani lay on her stomach as she looked over the notes of the mother who killed her children than herself. What it sounded like her was a rare living human possession, one that possessed the mother, made her kill her children, and then herself. Hmm, biting her lower lip she continued to go through the notes, making some of her own. She looked up as her door opened and Ryan walked in, he lay beside her, “whatcha doin’?” He asked.
“Looking into a possible human possession,” she answered.
“When you say human possession, you mean…” he asked.
“When they are alive, yes.” She flipped a page and froze. “This has been going on for almost two decades.”
“Couldn’t have been, it would’ve been dealt with, our fathers wouldn’t have allowed it to go on.” Ryan stated.
“Not unless it was happening in Europe.” Dani said and sat up, “the four families in Europe did nothing.” She lean forward as she felt another cramp, since she had returned from lunch, she has been getting cramps, apparently the chicken club wasn’t agreeing with her. She had already thrown up a couple of times.
“What’s wrong?” Ryan asked.
“Just cramps, I think the chicken club isn’t agreeing with me.” She sighed, lying back against the pillows.
“Can I get you something?” He asked. She felt like she was going to be sick, she quickly rushed to the bathroom, and was sick. She sat back, and looked at Ryan who passed his water and sat beside her. “Can I get you something?” He asked again.
“A ride to the drug store,” she sighed, laying her head on his shoulder; sipping his water.
“You got it.” He stood up, and pulled her up with him. He held her hand as they walked downstairs. He drove her car, he parked and they walked in, she got a hot water bottle, and a chocolate bar. He paid for it and carried the bag for her, his arm draped around her shoulders. “I hear Natalie and Dylan will be coming home.” He explained.
“Oh my gosh when?” She was excited; she hasn’t seen them in almost a year.
“Three months, they are finishing up in Hawaii.” He said.
She didn’t think she could make such a girly squeal, but she managed it. “I’ll just be in my second trimester. And showing.” She didn’t know if they knew, but either way, she was excited to see them.
“Speaking of which when will you start showing?” he asked.
“From what I’ve read about 12 weeks, so two more months,” she stated. “So when it’s time do you want to know the sex?”
“I don’t know, do you?” He asked.
“I’m not sure,” she sighed. “Of course we can’t really find out until I’m about 18-20 weeks.” She glanced at Ryan, he was going to make a good father, and he wasn’t so bad when he wasn’t trying to get her to stop hunting.
“You’re staring.” He said, she smiled and looked up to the road.
“RYAN!” She screamed. He looked up and tried to swerve away from it and hit a tree. She blacked out, only for a moment.
“Danika!” Ryan looked worried.
“What the hell,” she groaned. She touched her forehead, “I’m fine.” She promised. They got out of the car, or more like fell out the car, as she started to get up she stopped as she looked up there stood a demon, it lifted its claw, she looked towards the car and squeezed her eyes shut waiting for the attack to come, it didn’t. She wouldn’t have done that if she didn’t hit her head, when the attack didn’t come she glanced up to see Ryan standing there with a tire iron.
He held a hand out for her, she took it and he helped her to her feet. “I think we need to get you checked out, just in case.” There was worry in his eyes.
“Well my head does hurt.” He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. “We need to be picked up; Dani and I were in an accident.” A pause, “no we’re fine, but I think Dani should be checked, I’m going to call it in.” He hung up and then called 9-1-1. Not too long a police car showed up.
“What happened?” He asked.
“A demon, tried to kill me and my baby.” Dani stated.
“Wait so your one of those demon hunters?” The cop asked.
“Yes. What you don’t believe a woman can fight demonic entities?” Dani hissed.
“Bite your tongue Danika.” He snapped.
“I’m sorry, but I am a demon hunter, and…” Dani started but of course morning sickness kicked in, and she felt like she was about to be sick. “I don’t feel so good.” Quickly turning just as she was sick.
“That could be a sign of a concussion.” The cop said.
“No morning sickness.” Ryan answered.
“More like morning, noon and night sickness.” Dani grumbled. “And call me Danika again and I’ll kick your ass.” Mr. Jordan’s truck came to a screeching stop, and he and her father got out and rushed to her side.
“Are you hurt?” Mr. Jordan asked.
“The baby okay?” Her father asked.
“We’re both fine.” She stated, “Just a headache.”
“Don’t worry I’m fine as well.” Ryan grumbled. They finished up with the cop, the tow truck was called, and her father decided to wait on it, she grabbed her purse and chocolate bar, and went to Mr. Jordan’s truck, Ryan opened the passenger side door, and she climbed in. Her head was pounding, but she never saw anyone drive as fast as Mr. Jordan did to get to the emergency room. Being a celebrity demon hunter gets you in to see a doctor quickly. They made sure everything was good with her head, and with the baby, told her to take Tylenol, or a compress, even a message. Otherwise Danika was alright, as was the baby. They drove home, and almost felt like crying when she saw her car. It was completely wrecked.
And then she started to cry. Literally.
“What’s wrong?” Ryan asked. “Why are you crying?”
“I don’t know,” she cried. She tried to stop crying.
“I have an idea, why don’t you stay with me tonight, get away from here and then tomorrow we’ll go buy you another car.” Ryan offered.
“Okay.” She agreed. She went and packed a bag and then left with Ryan, walking into his condo Dani sighed, “Last time I was here, we created this.” She touched her stomach.
“Don’t I know it.” Ryan sighed. She laid on the couch and looked at him. “Can I get you something?”
“A message?” She asked, smiling. He sat down and she rested her head on his lap as he rubbed her temples. Of course she started to fall asleep. The door opening and slamming closed made Dani jump.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is what the four fathers look like.
Mr. Jordan
Mr. West
Mr. Hoag
Mr. Langston

Happy Reading.