Sanity's an Option

Chapter 1

"You can't come back here miss" the doctor spoke sternly, placing a hand lightly on the panting girl's shoulder. "Sir, that is my best friend" Lucy pleaded. "I'm sorry but this isn't a good time, I don't really think you would want to see your friend like this" he said, a hint of sincerity in his tone. "Sir, please" she said once more as a single tear slid down her cheek and on to the cold, concrete corridor floor. "Miss, I really do-" She began, but was cut off by a loud beep of a heart monitor flat lining close by. As the lights flashed and doctors came rushing to the room the the doctor and Lucy stood in front of reception desk, shocked. Quivkly she tried to run towards were the doctors were going but her father held her back. "NO! NO PLEASE LET ME SEE HIM!" She screamed in hysterics and fell to her knees. Immediate family stood around the poor girl, sending false condolences like "it will be okay" and "it gets better" or "he's in a better place now". But it wont be okay, it will never get better.

"GET AWAY!" She screamed, sending everyone a few feet away in shock. "Lucy, calm down, please" the doctor said calmly. "Shut up!" she muttered sharply in return.

"Lucy you're scaring the other patients."

"Fuck the other patients!" she yelled, running down the hall and out the Emergency exit, sending a loud alarm throghout the hospital. She ran down the sidewalk forgeting about the cold air on her exposed skin or the harsh rain hitting her face. Eventually she slowed her pace a bit before falling to the pavement. She let out a loud cry of both pain and sorrow. Rain began to fall harder around her causing the blood from her scrapes to turn the pavement near her a deluted pink.

I've failed you father, Codi is gone.

A memory of a time she once loved flooded her mind.

_________________________________________________________________

"Lucy! Come on! We are so late and I have to check in to english or I wont exempt my stupid exam!" Codi laughed, grabbing Lucy's arm and practically dragging her down the long hall that seemed to go one forever. "Mrs. Hoffman already thinks we're delinquents, what does it matter?" She smirked, "She probably thinks we are out sacrifising vergins or something" Suddenly coming to a halt causing Codi to fall back. She smiled and held out her hand only to have him pull her down ontop of him in the middle of the hall way.

"We can be as late as we want" She smiled down at him as his hand rested on the back of her neck. He leaned up and their lips connected, and for that one moments everything was both clouded and clear. To the point of confusion mixed with passion. They pulled apart quickly and got up as the bell rang and the hall ways filled with desprate girls, wanna-be goths, jocks, preps and the familiar smell of perfume and acne cream. Steadily the rushing crowd pulled them away from eachother and into the crowd.The both laughed and proceded to their next class.

"See you on the bus!" She shouted from halfway down the hall

"See you there!" he shouted back.