Kidnapped.

Nothing To Worry About?!

Candy held the tiny baby's hand the whole way home. It was as if the child's ear-piercing cry was deaf to her.

"Everybody out!" Candy's dad grinned, opening the door of the car. "Candy, will you bring Lea to the kitchen?"

Candy smiled. "Sure, dad." She grabbed the top of the baby basket and slowly walked out of the car, sining a lullaby to her new baby sister. As she set the basket on the table, she remembered what had happened that morning.

"Hey mom!" Candy cried. "I have to tell you something!"

Her mother turned around, breathless from the short walk. "Yes, dear?" She asked.

Candy sighed. "A weird van pulled up next to me this morning when I fell of my bike. There was this strange man inside... he asked me if I wanted a rode home. I said no, but he followed me and asked me again. Then he went away."

Candy's mom shook her head, a grin unfolding on her face."People these days... don't worry Candy, that man was probably drunk. I'm glad you were smart enough to say no. I guess school really does pay off!"

Candy let out her deep breathe, unaware that she had been holding one in. "Thanks, mom. I was getting a bit scared."

Candy hugged her mom, kissed the Lea on her forehead and ran up the stairs to her room. She was so exhausted from all of today's excitement! She jumped on her bed, snuggles up with her favorite book and tried to make herself tired.

SIX HOURS LATER

Candy rolled around and around in her bed, mad that she was unable to fall asleep.

"Stupid bed..."

Suddenly she sat up, rubbed her eyes and trailed her eyes to the alarm clock on her shelf.

"3:09..." She read, rubbing her eyes once more.

Crack! The floor bent as if someone was stepping on that one loud piece of wood on her hardwood floor.

Candy stopped breathing. Someone -or something- was in the room with her. She could sense it. Besides, her parents never came into her room without knocking. Even at night.

Candy slowly lay back down, pulling the covers over her head; a tradition she still kept from when she was little and afraid of the dark.

Crack! The floor bent again, this time on another piece of wood... closer to her bed.

A tear fell down Candy's face, but she was too scared to wipe away. She felt like a five-year-old: crying under her blanket in the middle of the night. I have no reason to be scared, she thought. It's probably just a bug.

Two more crack sounds interrupted her thoughts.

It was moving. Around her room, around her bed... to her. Right next to Candy.She took a deep breath. It's okay, She thought. It's nothing. Nothing. She pulled the blanket tighter and hoped to God that her heartbeat wasn't as loud as she thought it was.

The blanket started to move. It was being pulled on, from where her feet were. Candy gasped, unable to silence her noise.

Suddenly, the blanket was gone. It was entirely pulled off.

Her voice was too stunned to scream. Her eyes were shut; she didn't want to open them, she didn't want to see what was there. She could prevent her eyes from seeing, so she did.

But she couldn't prevent herself from feeling. Her last feeling before she blacked out was what felt like a needle; stuck right in her upper thigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you it would get better. :)