‹ Prequel: It's Just Frozen Water
Status: One and Done!

Merry Christmas Baby

You Surely Treat Me Nice

Brendan collapsed on the couch. Devon was beside him admiring their Christmas tree. He placed an arm around her shoulder. “The tree looks fantastic babe,” he whispered, kissing the side of her head. The two had spent the entire evening decorating it and he had no problem admitting that it looked quite lovely.

Devon nodded in response. "All it's missing is presents," she stated.

"Weeeellllll, we could change that," Brendan drawled out the words.

“I know we promised no gifts, but I really couldn’t resist,” he gushed, failing to bite back a cheeky grin.

“I knew you wouldn’t be able to,” she playfully poked at his chest. “That’s why I made sure I had something for you as well,” She said, pulling a gift box from behind her back.

His face fell. “You shouldn’t have!” he exclaimed.

She crossed her arms to mimic the furrow between her brows.

“No, you shouldn’t have,” she retorted teasingly.

He pulled a small present from his sweater and passed it over to Devon in exchange for his gift. They stared at one another expectantly, waiting for the other to open up their present.

After a few moments, he nudged her shoulder. “You going to open it?” he asked, eyes bright in anticipation.

She shook her head, crinkling her nose in the process. It was a quirk he adored. ‘You first,” she encouraged, nudging him back.

He shoved her playfully, “My mother raised me to be a gentleman. That means ladies first.”

She pushed back, “I really must insist. You go first.”

Brendan sighed. Then he raised his head, eyes sparkling with an idea. “Three,” he started to count down.

“Really?” Devon guffawed. She knew exactly where this was headed. This wasn’t the first time Brendan had done this in order to get his way.

Brendan’s grin grew. “Two,” he continued.

Devon rolled her eyes. “You’re impossible,” she groaned.

“One,” he finished.

Regardless of how childish she thought it was, Devon still shouted “NOT IT” in unison with him. And as per their routine, Devon ‘forgot’ to place her finger on her nose.

“You didn’t put your finger on your nose! I win!” he exclaimed triumphantly.

Brendan pumped his fist in the air. “You have to open your gift first!

Devon giggled, and then pulled the top off of the box and peered inside.

“It’s a key,” she stated the obvious, her mouth in a pensive line.

“That it is.”

Devon upturned the box and shortly felt the cool touch of the key against her skin. It was red and blue with the Habs logo large and central. Her eyebrows scrunched up. “What’s it unlock?” she asked.

Brendan licked his lips nervously. “The front door. I figured it may be a good idea for you to have a house key for when you move in,” he shrugged. “If you want to that is –move in I mean,” he rambled on.

The corner of her mouth turned up in a lopsided smile. “You want me to move in with you?” she asked, her smile growing.

He nodded enthusiastically, “Uh huh!”

She launched herself from her spot on the couch and into his arms.

“I take that as a yes?” he chuckled, pulling her closer.

“Very much so,” she replied, pecking his lips. “Now it’s your turn. Open up your present.”

Brendan ripped through the wrapping paper like an excited child. He quickly uncovered a Hallmark box. A reindeer couple under the mistletoe was depicted on the front.

“What’s this?” he asked.

“It’s a Christmas ornament. It used to belong to my parents. They got it from my grandparents the first Christmas they were married,” she explained.

Brendan opened the box to examine it. “How very fitting for our own first Christmas together,” he chimed in, a gleaming smile still upon his face.

He got up, hung the ornament upon the tree. Devon joined him shortly after.

"Merry Christmas baby," She hummed and then tugged him closer.

"Here’s to many more Christmases together,” he spoke, leaning down to press a kiss against her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's that time of year again! That time to deck the halls, eat way too many goodies, and for some of us study for finals (ugh).

Wanted to put out a little something for Christmas. I do, however, have something a little bit longer in the works. They will both be a part of my Christmas Story Collection .

I am also hard at work on my Kris Letang story. I'm kinda working from the end backwards (if that makes any sense), so as soon as my finals are over I should be posting a lot more frequently.

Hope you all have a fantastic winter break!