Worlds Apart

Rehearsal Dinner

The rehearsal dinner didn’t go as lovely as they had planned, but then again no one had any idea that THIS would have happened.

Seth and Aishwarya had arrived at their small fancy seaside resort that was renovated for the weekend for their family members to stay. The dinner was outdoor with the sun setting in the background. The table had polished silverware, crystal plates, clear and blue beautifully crafted wine classes, and large crystal candelabra with candles between small white bouquets of roses. Even the surrounding trees were lit from their bases to illuminate their towering form. Everything was just so perfect that it literally had family members ‘aweing’ as the sight. Close friends and families took a seat before the bride and groom had finally made it. Everyone stood up to cheer and applauded the glowing couple the second they were spotted. Seth and Aishwarya smiled and blushed at their welcoming greeting from their loved ones.

Instead of sitting next to one another, the bride and groom had decided to sit across from each other with their families. AIshwarya was pretty persistent at sitting with her parent’s since she was a mommy and daddy’s girl. Aishwarya’s parents lived on a different continent so they rarely see their daughter, but they do keep up with webcam chats, emails, and phone calls. Throughout her life, her parents have ALWAYS been her support and strength and they will always be her everything.

The couples took a seat beside their relatives. Seth’s family warmly welcomes Aishwarya and complimented on her beauty. Aishwarya’s parents weren’t too pleased to see Seth, which didn’t take him long to figure out. The bride’s parents had met Seth before and thought he was an outstanding gentlemen, but that all changed in the blink of an eye when they heard about Seth’s drunken bachelor party and his naked stripper. Her parents have always known their daughter deserved the best in her life, so when they heard about their daughter dating this Seth fellow, they thought the worst. Was he some rich guy that gets drunk at parties and sleep with hookers? They believe it, until they met him. Now everything has changed in their mind. Seth didn’t deserve their daughter, and they would be damned if this wedding gets the chance to take place. Aishwarya’s parents simply stared at Seth with an expression that said ‘you’re nothing but a piece of scum,’

Seth knew there was trouble in the horizon, but didn’t dare to say anything in case it could light the match and start WW3. Aishwarya’s parents were the kind of couple that were very opinionated and didn’t mind publicly fighting about it. Seth gave them a polite smile before looking away to greet his father and sister. The bride’s parents continued to stare him down.

The dinner was going well throughout the evening. Aishwarya’s parents had yet to make a scene and were polite to everyone that spoke to them, yet they continued to stare Seth down the whole time. He didn’t even have to look up to know because he could feel it. A few dings rang out, silencing everyone’s soft chatter as Seth’s sister Rachel stood up, gently tapping her fork to her wineglass.

“Good evening everyone. If you don’t know me I’m Seth’s Sister Rachel and I refuse to let anyone toast the lovely couple before me!” Everyone laughed at Rachel’s joke.

“Anyway, I am just so happy that this gorgeous woman right across from me has snatch up my brother, because, and I’m being dead serious, he was a clueless idiot when it came to love before her. My brother transformed in less than a week when he started to date Aishwarya. I almost didn’t recognize the intruder in my house that was my brother. But you can’t blame him for turning into a completely different person because look at that gorgeous catch right there!” Rachel joked, earning more laughs as she pointed at Asihwarya, making her blush before placing a hand on her brother’s shoulder.

“But seriously, I know you two are made for each other. If you thought my brother was a good person before Aishwarya, then you know that he’s practically a saint now that an Angel has entered his life. And you know what else I know? They’re gonna spend the rest of their lives together, have kids and grandkids. Even though she’s WAY out of my brother’s league.” The crowd once again laughed before a loud comment was made from Aishwarya’s father. It was a rude comment that had her daughter and the MacFarlane’s staring at her in shock.

“I’m sorry, is there a problem here?” Rachel asked, flashing a strained smile that she tried hard to look sweet. She knew the comment was unsettled for and that the bride’s parents are known to be loud mouths when it came to something they believed strongly, but this was their daughter’s night so they shouldn’t be evening thinking about causing a scene before her special day! Not to mention speak badly about her brother who she loved and was really close to.

“You bet there is a problem, sweetheart. Your saint-of-a-brother is NOT good enough for my daughter.” Aishwarya’s mother replied coldly, thus turning the perfect evening sour in less than an hour.