Status: This isn't just your typical, teen falls for teacher, story. It's more about developing relationships with the main character and her siblings, along with all the struggles they go through.

Stuck With Twins

Toughen Up Eden

I'm not sure what time I got home at. All I know is that it's now night, my pillow is soaked with my tears, my eyes are raw from crying, and I don't feel like moving one inch. Dad has checked up on me every once and a while, trying his best to cheer me up. It's useless, I don't feel up for anything. Is this what depression feels like? I don't even hear the door creak open when four little feet jump onto my bed, in hopes to shake me from my depression.

"Gets up!" Hollered my sister, Abbi. She tugs on my arm, and after deciding that was useless, she jumped on my back. She was light, but even that hurt. I grunted, rolling to my side to knock her off.

"Get out of my room, Abbi!" I yelled as I tugged the blanket over my head. I never yelled at my siblings, but right now I wasn't like myself. All I wanted to do was cry. Cry, cry, and cry.

"Daddy said to gets you up!" Abbi declared, tugging on my blanket. How annoying could she be? Her brother, Ash, too tried to help. Ash and Abbi were identical twins. If it wasn't for their different length in hair, and opposite personalities, you could never tell them apart.

"Leave me alone! God, how annoying can you guys be?" I yell as I bolt upright, glaring at the twins. They stare back. They are so innocent, that for a moment, I feel guilty. I feel guilty that I'm yelling at them. I'm not the only one that lost a mother, they did too. They just don't understand. "I'm sorry." My voice cracks as I pull them into a hug, sobbing into their tiny shoulders. My emotions are all mixed up. I feel like one of those emotionally unstable teenagers.

"Are you hurts?" Ash asked quietly, his sea blue eyes wide with concern.

I shake my head. I'm worrying them, I need to stop. I need to get a hold of myself. "No... I'm not hurt." I force a smile, brushing the remaining of my tears away with my fingertip. My smile seems to relax them. I let go of them, rustling their hair. I can't stay cooped up in my room forever, as much as I want to, I just can't. I grab their tiny hands, and follow them into the kitchen where my dad is.

Dad looks tired. His eyes are bloodshot, rings bagging underneath. His skin is even paler than normal. Yet, regardless, he smiles. The twins instantly run to him. He grins as he pulls them into a snuggle, leaving me staring. He's doing his best to be strong. I have to be strong too.

"You're making dinner...?" I question, glancing over to the pot on the stove that is steaming.

My father nods. "Yep. Your favorite, Ede!" I want to tell him I'm not hungry, or rather that I have no appetite. I can't. He wants to brighten my mood, I can't disappoint him.

I force a smile, "Great." I lied. No way in hell is any of this great. My mother just died today, and we are all smiling like a bunch of loons, but... I think it's for the best. I probably would break down if we all acted depressed instead of smiling and pretending nothing happened. Mom wouldn't want us to be mourning her death and crying, she would want us to act like nothing is wrong. That was just the type of person she was. Kind, selfless... I stare at the lamp in the distant to keep myself from crying again. I can't cry right now, the twins are watching. I smile at them, and they smile back. I can't let them suffer like I am, I have to keep them happy. Mother might be gone, but I'll be their mother. They are too sweet to have to suffer like the rest of us.