Status: This isn't just your typical, teen falls for teacher, story. It's more about developing relationships with the main character and her siblings, along with all the struggles they go through.

Stuck With Twins

I'm A Fool

Dad let us all take a one week 'vacation' and stay at home. He took off from work, and allowed me and the twins to stay home rather than going to school. I can't say I didn't like it. It was a nice change to just relax with my family. Plus, it also helped to collect my feelings. I couldn't go to school sobbing every second. However, like all vacations, it came to an end.

"Do you have your lunch?" Dad called out as he helped the twins put on their shoes.

I nodded, "Yep." I answered as I slipped on my coat, pulling my long raven locks into a ponytail. Dad explained that I would have to pick up the twins now on from daycare, and that he could drop them off only on Mondays. Today was a Monday, so I would just have to just pick them up. Before I could leave, tiny hands wrapped around my legs. I glanced down, Ash and Abbi clinging to me with big smiles. God, they are so cute.

"Bye byes!!!" Abbi and Ash said together. I swear, these two always said things synchronized.

I smiled, bending down and kissing both their foreheads. "Bye bye." I answered as I pat their heads. Now I really didn't want to leave, but I had no choice. I couldn't be late for school. I turned my back.

"Look both ways before you cross the street! Keep your phone on you at all times. Don't talk to strangers! Keep away from-"

"I know!" I hollered as I quickly slid out the door. That was my signal to go. Dad has became rather overprotective of me, but I guess I can't blame him. He just lost someone important in his life. He didn't want to lose another. As I was making my way out the door, I crashed into a tall male. I wobbled back, "Ow..."

"Oh, you're out. I was just gonna ring your bell." The male laughed, grinning perversely, "If you know what I mean."

I rolled my eyes, smacking him in the arm. This was Axle. Axle is a close friend of mine. I met him back in middle school, and since then, we've become inseparable. "What are you doing here?"

"I decided to be a gentleman for a change, and walk sweet Eden to school." Axle explained as he ran his hand through his brunette spikes. Axle was tall, to be specific, 5'8. He had the whole I'm-so-hot-I-can-be-a-model look going for him. Everyone loves Axle. I probably would have fell for him myself if I hadn't known him since middle school. He's tall, has long slender legs, a nice build, perfectly tanned skin, and beautiful indigo eyes. He's the definition of a total babe.

I smiled. I was expecting for my friends to act differently around me, ask nonstop questions about why I was gone. Or perhaps they all know why I was gone. I bet the whole school does. I was the girl who broke down in math class. I guess I don't have to worry about Axle acting differently though.

"Whoa... You're creeping me out. What's with that smile of yours...?" Axle mumbled with a raised eyebrow, spinning on his heels as he walked backwards.

I only smiled wider, "Nothing. I'm just glad I have you with me."

Axle's cheeks reddened. I loved making him blush, it was so easy. If you would compliment him once, his cheeks would go as bright as a rose. "You're so cruel! You don't mess with a man's heart!" He yelled rather loudly, faking a tear.

"Aww, I'm sorry. I'll try to be more sensitive from now on." I laugh as he drapes an arm around my shoulders. Most people mistake us from being a couple, but that's not the case. We are just two very close friends.

"Ohh! Are you free after school?" Axle asked as he peered down at me. Before I could ask why, he continued, "In class we are doing a project. Since you were gone, the teacher put you in me and April's group."

"Really!?" I grinned. April was another close friend of mine. April, I'd known since Elementary school. "Sure I can-wait. No." I frowned, a sigh leaving my lips. I wasn't free. I had to pick up my siblings from school. "No, sorry... I have to pick Abbi and Ash up from pre-school."

"Oh. Right." Axle nodded, "Then how about tomorrow?"

"No... I still have to pick them up." I glanced at my feet. I guess I didn't realize until now, how different my life would be.

I think Axle could tell I was getting depressed, because he grinned wider, tightened his grip on me, and patted my head with his free hand. "Then you can bring them! I'm quite good with kids, y'know?"

"I can?" I asked, my eyes growing wide. "For real?!"

Axle laughed, "Yep. Just meet me at my place after you pick them up. Then we can start on the project."

I nodded, throwing my arms tightly around Axle's waist. "You are amazing, you know that?"

"No, duh! Haven't I always been telling you that? Tsk, tsk, you should listen to me from now on."
~
"So you are in charge of your siblings now?" Asked a small redhead at lunch, April.

I nodded, "Yep. My dad doesn't usually get home until 12, so I should have the twins in bed before he gets home."

"Gee... That's tough. I'm sure you can do it though!" April grinned as she scooted over to let Axle sit. "Eww, why are you sitting with us?" April teased.

"Oh shush up." Axle stuck his tongue out, balancing an apple on April's head as she swatted it off. Those two would be such a good couple, they have no idea.

The rest of school went by rather fast. I was on cloud nine when the bell finally rang. I was getting sick of all the, "I'm sorry..." Or, "I heard what happened. Are you okay?" No, I'm not okay. I don't need their worthless sympathy, but of course I can't tell them that. I fake a smile, and say I'm fine. I turn my head to the clock. "Oh crap! I'm gonna be late!" I gripped my bag, tossing it over my shoulder before dashing out of English. I pretended to not hear the teacher scold me about running as I continued my way down the stairs, and out the school's front doors.

Thankfully the Pre-School isn't that far, but by the time I arrived, I was a sweating panting mess. I leaned against the door, my chest heaving up and down as I sucked in air. "Made... It..." I mumbled as I tried to regain my composure. A male smiled at me and opened the door.

"You must be Eden." He smiled down at me, motioning for me to enter.

I blinked, staring at the young man. Who is he? "Yes, I am. You are?"

"The twin's teacher. Or, one of the many teacher's here." He smiled, extending his hand. "I'm Mr. Monroe. Your father explained your situation to me. You'll be picking the twins up from now on, correct?"

I blinked, stared, and nodded. He looked so young! A teacher? He was their teacher?! "18..." I mumbled as I shook his hand.

"Pardon?" Mr. Monroe questioned.

"Oh! Uh-nothing! I was just thinking that you look like your 18! Young... Young looking to be a teacher." Okay, what the hell was I saying? Could I be any more impolite. Thank god he didn't take that as an insult, because he laughed.

"I do tend to get that a lot. I suppose I am rather young to be a teacher though." He shrugged, smiling. "I guess that's the perks you get when your father runs the school." He said with a smile. "Follow me Ms. Claire."

I nodded as he led me through the school, stopping at a classroom with a bunch of kid drawings on the door. He peeked his head inside, before calling for Ash and Abbi. I saw the twins in the corner, building with some blocks. The moment they heard him call for them, they looked up, saw me, and ran to greet me.

"Eden!!!" They yelled in unison as they hooked their arms around my leg. I stumbled slightly, smiling. I wonder if this is how mom felt every time she picked them up. It's weird, but I guess I actually missed them.

"Did you two behave?" I ask as I scoop them up. Gee, I was already sounding like a mother to them.

"Yeps!!! We behaves!" Abbi answered, Ash only nodding his head.

"Good." I smiled, turning my head to their teacher. "We should get going."

"Of course. I'll see you two tomorrow." Mr. Monroe smiled, waving to the twins.

"Going already?" Abbi asked. "Still wants to play." She squirmed in my grip, trying to get down. I guess I do remember mom telling me about how she would always let the twins play a bit after school.

I sighed, "Right... You guys wanna play...?"

They both nodded.

"Alright. Just for a little bit, but then we need to go to my friends place." I explained as I set them down.

"Okay!!!!" Abbi hollered as she took off running, Ash following on behind. Ash was the quite one. He only really spoke when he had to. Abbi, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. She talks nonstop. I watched them head back to the blocks. How could kids find stacking a bunch of cubes, fun?

"Ms. Claire, there are some seats over there." The teacher motioned to the corner where other parents were waiting for their children.

"Uh, no thanks..." It would feel weird if I was the only teen sitting with a bunch of adults.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah! I like standing!" Who likes standing? He must have known I was lying, because he grabbed a chair, and placed it beside me. I blinked, "Oh... Thanks..."

"My pleasure." He smiled. There was something about his smile that seemed familiar. Hmm... I shook the thought away, placing myself in the seat. The twins continued to play.
~
I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Ms. Claire..." I bolted upright, drool dripping down my lip. I realize the Pre-School is empty, the twins watching me in the teacher's arms.

"Oh god!!! I fell asleep!?! I'm so sorry!!!!" My cheeks burned. How could I have fallen asleep?

Their teacher laughed, "Do not worry about it. I didn't want to wake you to be honest. You looked quite exhausted when you arrived."

"Oh... Right... Then thank you..." I stood up, just now realizing I had drool on my lip. I immediately wiped it up, growing even more embarrassed by the second.

He smiled, handing the twins to me. Abbi and Ash clung to their teacher's shirt.

"Noo! Wanna play more!" I stared. They were glued to him... I can't help but feel a bit envious. He's their teacher, and yet, they don't want to leave him.

"Don't be unreasonable. Abbi, Ash, let go." I tried to tug them off, but they only held on tighter. "Come on, you guys need to let go." I tugged harder. "It's time to-" TEAR. My face paled when I heard a rip. I must have pulled the twins too hard that they actually ripped his shirt. I gasped, his whole sleeve was torn completely off. "SO SORRY!!!"

The teacher blinked, before bursting into laughter. "Don't worry about it." He said in between laughter. Thank goodness, he's not mad.

"Uhh... I'll pay... I'll pay for it! How much was it? 20 dollars? 30?" I took my wallet out of my back pocket.

"Oh, no! It's fine. This shirt is cheap. The fact that it torn so easily proves that." He assured. "I was going to toss it away anyway."

"Right..." I was staring at his muscles without even realizing it. If it wasn't for my phone beeping, I probably would have stared for hours. I jumped, quickly bringing my phone to my ear. "Hello?" It takes me a moment before I realize it's Axle talking, no, now April. April must have snatched the phone away from him. "Oh!! I'm sorry! I forgot! I'm on my way right now!" More like I fell asleep, but I couldn't tell them that.

"Thank you for watching the twins while I was asleep... And sorry about your shirt..." I bit my lip, glancing to the twins. "What do you say?"

"Thanks you!" Abbi beamed.

I sighed, "And what about his shirt?"

"Sorry." Answered Ash.

"Please, don't worry yourself about it!" Their teacher smiled. "Oh, and your late for something, correct? I wouldn't want you to be any later than you already are."

"Oh, right!!! Then... Bye!" I got up and bolted to the door, before having to return a minute later to fetch my backpack that I left.

He laughed, handing me my backpack.

I bet my whole face was the color of a tomato. "Bye..." I mumbled, before once again, bolting. This time, with my backpack. Way to go Eden. Somehow, I managed to look like a complete fool in front of their teacher, along with ripping that poor guy's shirt! Embarrassing!!!