Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal

Christmas Day

I awoke to the aroma of gingerbread smelling cookies and anything sweet imaginable. I rubbed my eyes a little before opening them, expecting to be hit with harsh light but instead I was met with dimmed lights. I blinked my eyes a little and looked around my room in wonder. The curtains were all closed and tied in the middle with the strings that came with them. Well at lease I won't die from the sunlight. I hated waking up to it.

I sat up in bed and idly felt around for Kade. When I didn't feel him, I looked over and saw that he wasn't there. Which was odd for a moment but then it dawned on me that he was downstairs probably making every dessert possible. Which explains the smell of sweet delicious treats. Today was Christmas after all and he was determined to make it perfect. Even after I explained to him that perfection isn't real.

Although I was happy it was Christmas because I liked spending time with my guys. Plus it was Kade's first Christmas in 4 years so I want him to enjoy it also. But today was the day I announce Kade's....pregnancy. Something I was not looking forward to but I really can't keep it from them forever. It wouldn't be right on my part because they are basically my family and we never keep secrets. Plus they would be pissed if I didn't tell them anyway. So the odds are against me on this.

I rolled out of bed with a new found dread. I could already tell that this day was probably gonna go to hell when we tell them. I picked up my pants and pulled them on my legs before buttoning them. Kade and I had some Christmas eve fun last night so my clothes were thrown about.

He seemed exhausted last night so I was surprised he was up this early. Usually I'm up before him in general. He must be really excited about it being Christmas and I couldn't really blame him for it. I would be excited about it too. I already called the guys and let them know that they better behave and not fuck up this day for Kade because I'm not afraid to kill one of them. I'm more than heartless enough to do it.

I walked down the hallway a little stuggishly than usual. I haven't had any coffee or blood yet so I'm a bit cranky. Hopefully nothing will happen in the next few minutes that will piss me off. I rubbed my eyes a little as I walked down the stairs and rounded the corner going through the door that let to the dining room. The dining room was lit by candles so my eyes adjusted very quickly. Kade had taken a liking to the dark aroma I have built and it was easier with both of us on the same page. I could hear some music coming from the kitchen so it was definitely Kade. He's a lot like me to be honest. We both despise absolute silence.

I walked through the kitchen door and internally laughed at him. He was sitting crossed legged on a stool while decorating Snowman shaped cookies. He looked so small but focused it was hilarious.

"How long have you been up?" I asked, resting a hand on my bare stomach. He jumped and looked up at me with wide eyes before smoothing out his expression.

"About 2 hours. I wanted to get started early so I can be lazy later" He smiled breifly before going back to icing his cookies. I smirked and shook my head before walking around the table and standing behind him, placing my hands on his waist.

"I don't think you'll be lazy later..."I whispered before placing a kiss on his ear. Kade shivered beneath me and leaned back into my chest. I smiled against his ear and bit his earlobe, causing him to jump in surprise.

"Jesus its so early and you're already trying to seduce me? I think you've beaten a record" Kade chuckled softly as he rested his head on my shoulder. I placed a kiss on his head and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"That's all high and mighty talk considering I haven't been the one bending over every table and or bed in this house"

"I have an excuse!!!!" Kade defended himself quickly and I laughed before pecking his lips.

"Mmhmm I'm getting coffee" I said against his lips before moving away from him.

"Fresh on the pot" He said before going back to decorating his cookies. I smiled and shook my head. I grabbed a coffee mug and the pot before pouring some in the cup. I don't really like to add anything to it. I just drink it straight.

I took a sip and leaned against the counter top, just watching Kade. My mind began to wonder. He seemed so at ease with....everything. The pregnancy, the possibility of dying, and if he lives through it, raising a child. Not just any normal child, a half vampire child. A half vampire child I've never experienced and no one knows what it will be capable of. But I think what's most shocking is the dying part. He doesn't seem bothered by it and its honestly it's worrying me. Masters usually don't get emotionally attached to slaves because that is all they are, slaves. And I wouldn't say I was emotionally attached. But I do care about Kade and I wouldn't want to see him die. Especially over a kid. I wouldn't be heartbroken over it but I would be pretty sad. Kade is one of a kind and I doubt there will ever be anyone like him. I don't wanna see him throw away his life for a kid he probably won't be around to take care of. And I sure as hell am not taking care of some mistake baby Satan. It's honestly tragic.

I shook my head in attempt to shake the thoughts away. I didn't wanna ruin today with my attitude or feelings towards this whole thing. Its tomorrows problem. With that, I took a huge drink of my coffee and watched silently. The snowman cookies didn't have your typical white frosting, black hat and carrot nose. No his cookies had a black coating of icing and a red demonic face. Which was funny as hell to me. He was giving it the Halloween touch and I loved that.

After awhile I excused myself upstairs to go and get a quick shower. Kade was too engrossed in decorating his cookies so I just let him do his thing.

After my shower, I decided on something simple. Just a black button up shirt and some black jeans with my black and white vans. I really didn't wanna get all dressed up since it wasn't required and I doubt anyone else was getting dressed up either. As I was tying my shoes, Kade walked through the door and let out a yawn.

"Should I start dinner now or a little later?" He asked me and I thought for a moment.

"Well I'm gonna make everyone help cook so we'll start later" I answered and he laughed.

"Why does everyone have to help?"

"Because I enjoy slave labor. Now get a shower" I answered as I stood up and straightened out my shirt. Kade rolled his eyes before nodding and walking towards the bathroom. I got up and grabbed my phone before walking downstairs to the media room where I plopped down lazily on the couch. I unlocked my phone and opened up my text messages.

To Austin: Did you get the gift for Kade?

I sat my phone down and flipped the t.v. on. I didn't feel like doing anything other then relaxing and being lazy. Which was a little abnormal but everyone needs to be lazy now and then. There wasn't really anything on other than a bunch of Christmas stuff and whatnot. So I settled on Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights and sat back. This movie was pretty funny so I didn't mind.

A few minutes later, my phone vibrated. I looked at it.

Austin: Yep.

I sent a quick okay just as Kade walked into the room. He was in some grey jeans and the Black Craft Cult sweater that I bought him a few days ago. It was oversized so he looked extra cute. He rubbed his eyes before coming over and sitting in front of me on the floor. He always liked when I massaged my fingers through his hair. So him sitting in front of me was the international sign for 'pet me dammit'. I smiled a little and began to run my fingers through his hair slowly and softly. He immediately rolled into my hand a little and I laughed inside.

☆☆
We sat watching the movie until guest started to arrive. First was Devin and Angelo. They came in carrying boxes of gifts that was put neatly underneath our tree.

I was carrying in the last of the boxes and chuckled as Angelo and Devin stared at our tree in total awe and envy.

"Nice isn't it?" I said with pride as I sat the perfectly wrapped presents underneath the tree.

"You actually helped decorate the tree?" Devin asked me. I stood up straight and nodded.

"Yeah. Kade and I spent a lot of time on it"

"Its like the perfect tree" Angelo laughed and put his arm around Devin.

"Its Halloweenish with a dark Christmas feel" Devin added with a chuckle. I nodded in agreement before we all sat on the couches and began to chat.

"So Austin hinted that there was something going on. But he wouldn't tell us" Devin stated as he sat on Angelo's lap. I rolled my eyes and sat back. I toyed with my coffin ring that was on my finger and refused to make any sort of contact. Leave it to Austin to open his big mouth and make everything even more harder and awkward then it should be. I honestly forgot about the pregnancy thing for a moment. Just a moment

"There is..." I decided on saying. But I said it very quietly. Good thing their senses are enhanced.

"Care to elaborate?" Angelo chuckled.

"In due time" I sighed. I really just wanted to avoid this subject all together. But I already knew I couldn't escape it. I could dream though..

A minute later Devin and Angelo let the whole thing drop due to my refusal to answer anything. Kade strolled in carrying a glass of red liquid. I bet he could sense I was getting agitated and thought I would need it. Which I did because I was very much indeed agitated. He sat in my lap and offered me a small smile as he held the glass. I took it gratefully and took a much needed drink.

"Hey Kade" Devin smiled and Kade blushed a little. He waved to Devin shyly who laughed.

"Don't worry. I'm not a dick like Chris. You can talk to me" Dev shot me a wink and I glared. Kade giggled to himself and hid in my chest.

"I'm not a dick Dev. I just have a big one" I replied easily.

"Not bigger than Angelo's"

"You wanna bet on that? I have no problem putting my dick on the table. Let's go Angelo!" I grinned wickledly. Angelo shook his head and dragged his hand down his face as Devin and Kade howled with laughter.

"You guys are ridiculous" Angelo hid a smile as he spoke. Kade shook his head at me and I smiled a cheeky smile that made him giggle. Well Christmas was off to a good start. Better than I expected to be honest. I expected it to be boring as hell but it's actually fun.

I sat my cup down and wrapped my arms around Kade's waist carefully. Kade leaned in and softly kissed my nose. I let out a sigh of content.

"Awww look at that. Isn't that cute?" Angelo said in a mushy tone that made me roll my eyes.

"Fuck off Angelo" I said and held Kade closer to me. He was perfect for holding and cuddling. A grown man likes cuddles too dammit.

"Such language" A familiar voice chimed in and we all turned our heads in the direction of where it came from. I smiled as Ricky, Ryan, Balz and Tj stood in the large frame, their hands occupied with gifts.

"You know me" I winked at Ricky who shook his head. I was happy to see all of them but it was soon cut short as I felt Kade tense up in my lap. I looked at him with a silent questioning glance and he looked down in a shy manner.

"I'll go check on the desserts" He spoke barely above a whisper before getting off my lap and quickly leaving, staying on the other side of the frame as he did. I was utterly confused and glanced over their faces before landing on Tj, who was glaring at Kade who was retreating. Then hit dawned on me that Kade wasn't shy. He was scared of Tj. Tj had hit him on their last encounter and that made Kade terrified. I sighed and shook my head before standing up.

"Just put the gifts under the tree guys" I said casually. They didn't seem fazed by Kade's sudden change from all giggles to not looking from the floor. Well almost everyone. Devin was giving Tj a look of pure digust. Everyone wasn't too satisfied with Tj's little stunt. His motivation for assaulting Kade was unknown. All I know is that it better not happen again or I'll cut his fucking arms off.

"Everyone to the kitchen because your all chipping in" I announced with a cocky grin and earned groans from everyone.

"Isn't that what slave boy is for?" Tj muttered. I kept my demeanor calm.

"Go or no cookies" Everyone began to leave. My eyes narrowed as Tj was the last to move.

At lightening speed I grabbed his neck and slammed him against the wall. He let out a gasp and gripped my wrist with wide eyes. I bared my fangs at him menacingly and let my veins pulse excitedly from my eyes sockets.

"You will not ruin this day for him or anyone. Are we clear??" My voice was a growl and my hand tightened around his neck. Tj nodded quickly in fear. I released my grip on his neck and he dropped to his knees, coughing harshly. I paid him no attention as I turned on my heel and headed towards the kitchen.

I entered the kitchen and was pleased to see that everyone was happily helping out, getting everything ready to be cooked.

I sauntered over to Kade who was sitting on the island bar, swinging his little legs and nibbling on a Christmas tree shaped cookie. I stood in between his legs and smirked at him. He looked up at me with a small smile. It was amazing that even at this height, I was still taller than him.

I opened my mouth for a bite and Kade rolled his eyes before feeding me the cookie. Whatever he put in them was fucking delicious.

"So delicious..."My voice trailed off as I leaned down to kiss him. Our lips met softly and sweetly which I appreciated greatly considering we usually tried to eat each other's faces off. This was nice. I grazed my tongue across his bottom lip before subtly slipping it in his mouth. Kade let out a soft moan as he slipped his arms around my neck.

"Yeah that's really chipping in" Ricky mocked us. I just lifted my middle finger and kept on tasting Kade's sweet lips without shame.
☆☆

Austin and his guys arrived later on in the evening when everything was just about ready to be eaten and gifts ready to be opened shortly after. I had to distract Kade while Austin snuck his gift upstairs in my study. Kade didn't even notice.

We were all gathering into the dinning room to help bring the food out and to be sat on the table. Once everything was out on the table, we all took our seats. Me of course at the head of the table with Kade on my left and Austin on my right. Kade tensed up again since Tj was forced to sit next to him because all the other seats were occupied. I patted Kade's leg underneath the table to ease him. Soon we began to fill up our plates with food. Kade took the liberty of filling some glass pitchers up with blood for everyone, which we were grateful for. We began to dig into our food which even I had to admit was really good for a bunch of people who rarely eat human food.

I was cutting my ham up into a reasonable bite size when Austin cleared his throat. And here we go..

"So Chris....anything you wanna tell us?" He pressed. I just kept cutting at my smoked ham.

"Nope" I popped the 'p'

"Chris"

"What?" Austin gave me an incredulous look and I sighed, sitting my eating utensils down. All eyes were on me. I glanced at Alan who nodded to me. Why does it have to be me announcing everything?

"As you may know, there is something that's come up recently that you guys should know...." I began. Devin was on the edge of his seat. He's been waiting to hear this. I took a deep breath. Just come out with it.

"Kade is pregnant...with my child" I announced and the room grew quiet. Kade took my hand other the table. It was a small gesture but I appreciated it greatly. My eyes scanned the room and everyone was either shocked or grinning. Specifically Devin who looked as if he was about to break into song and dance.

"No way..." Ryan said in a very dazed but amused tone. I narrowed my eyes at him. The mood started to shift then. I could feel that everyone was very much amused by my disdain. Except Tj who was looking down at his food.

"Daddy Cerulli congrats!" Ricky said and everyone started laughing at me. I rolled my eyes and covered my eyes with my hand. Yeah its all fucking funny isn't it?

"I can't believe you're gonna be a father..." Balz commented and I just wanted to shoot myself to knock myself out for a few hours.

"He isn't too happy about it. But he'll come around" Aaron added and I shook my head.

"Who would be happy about it? A child being born from a harlot? I say abort the damn thing" Tj chimed in and my head immediately shot up. I'm inclined to agree but for very different reasons. Very different. Kade however, did not agree so much.

His expression grew very tight and I internally groaned. Oh no...

Kade grabbed his knife.

"Kade DON'T!!" I shouted but it was too late. Far too late. Before I could stop him, he jammed the knife right into Tj's neck. Everyone gasped and stood up immediately as Tj fell out his chair, blood squirting from his neck. I grabbed Kade to calm him down but he only pushed me away before stalking out the dining room. Ricky and Ryan rushed to Tj's aid and I just sighed in total frustration. So much for having a fun Christmas.

"I say he got what he deserved" Devin muttered angrily before stepping over Tj and stalking out the room. I didn't even bother stopping him. I looked at Tj who was starting to heel after the knife was pulled out.

"Tell Kade I'm sorry" Angelo said sadly before going after Devin.

"Dinner's over..."Tino muttered. I just sighed and shook my head. I started to feel pissed off though. I warned Tj to keep his shit together then he goes and pulls this shit. I don't know what his problem is but it's starting to piss me off.

"Just....go" I whispered in a tight voice.

"But Chr-" Tj started defensively but I cut him off.

"Get out" I growled and he immediately shut up. I didn't even have it in me to properly kick his ass. I just wanted everyone gone.
☆☆

After everyone had left and I cleaned up the half eaten food, I went upstairs to check on Kade. I wasn't even half way down the hallway and I could hear him sobbing. It kinda hurt me as well because Tj made it seem like it was all his fault. Kade and I screwed on a daily basis and I'm the only one he was had sex with. He's not a harlot as Tj put it. And its my sperm that got him pregnant in the first place. That's not his fault either. Thinking it through completely, I realized Kade must be really fucking hurt. I knew one thing that could make him feel better hopefully.

I walked to my study door and opened it. I was greeted by a soft meow. I looked down at the cotton ball at my feet, brushing up against me. I smiled a little as I reached down and picked the kitten up. I closed the door before walking into our room. The sight of Kade struck a nerve. He was curled up in a tight ball, sobbing so sadly. I frowned before walking over to the bed.

"Kade..." I sighed. The kitten looked up at me, its green eyes filled with confusion about the weeping boy.

"What?" He sniffled and I frowned more. I carefully climbed onto the bed and sat the kitten down. Immediately the animal trotted over to Kade. Slowly his crying stopped as he laid eyes on the feline. The kitten eyed Kade briefly before licking his nose. Kade smiled a little as he brought his stubby fingers to the kittens head and scratched softly. The kitten let out a meow of stimulation.

"You got him for me?" Kade asked quietly as he sat up and wiped his puffy eyes.

"Thought you would like him.." I answered quietly. He nodded and leaned forward, kissing my cheek. I sighed softly.

"Thank you" Kade said genuinely before laying back down and playing with the kitten.

"What's his name?" I asked and Kade thought for a moment, observing the kitten before speaking.

"Snow.." He answered. Snow...I like it

Kade played with the feline until he fell asleep, the kitten curled up against his chest. I crawled over him and placed a kiss on his head before leaning over and turning the lamp off. The room grew dark, only being illuminated by the moon from outside. I laid next to Kade and snuggled him from behind. I slipped my arm under his head and he responded by nuzzling my arm. I couldn't be bothered to changed out my clothes or even take my shoes off. My mind was too occupied.

As I watched Kade in his dreamland, I felt as if I was beginning to understand what Austin had meant.

Your gonna have to be there for him. Mentally and physically...