Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Know Your Enemy

3 Weeks Later

I sat back on the bed in amusement as I watched Kade struggle to put on his shirt. He's been struggling for over an hour trying on shirt after shirt but none of them fit over his very noticeable pregnant stomach. Yes its gotten bigger over the last few weeks. Not full on pregnant but you would be able to tell very easily that something is amiss. Plus him being so small made it bigger than what it really was. It was weird really. Very very weird. And I've lived for a very long time, I've seen some weird shit in my years but this was just strange.

Kade was always so skinny so the shirts I bought him were always small. Now they don't even make it past his stomach. We wouldn't have to go through this if he would just abort the damn thing.

Kade let out a frustrated whine before taking the 50th shirt and throwing it to the floor.

"Well we could get rid of the thing. Then you can wear all the shirts you want" I said suggestively and Kade grimaced at me as he turned around.

"Not a chance" He put his hand on his hips. I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"Your choice" I mumbled before standing up and wondering over to the closet. I sifted through a few of my own before grabbing a black shirt.

"Here preggo. Get dressed so we can go" I tossed the shirt at him and glared at me before putting the shirt on. Luckily I was bigger than him and the shirt fit him perfectly. Next he grabbed the hoodie I gave him and slipped it on. He seemed to be satisfied so I grabbed my jacket and put it on before grabbing my car keys and phone. Today Kade was getting another check up at Austin's house. He already had one last week but since Kade's pregnancy is going so rapidly, Austin thinks he should be seeing him at lease once a week now to monitor him to make sure Kade is in excellent health. He needs to be in good health if he still plans on giving birth and surviving it. I was still shaky on that part. But Kade is set on giving birth and I can't exactly force him to give up the baby. Austin is set on doing what Kade wishes and I wouldn't trust any other doctor other than Austin. So I'm stuck in a corner.

Kade gave Snow a kiss and pat on the head before leaving the kitten to snooze the day away on the contents of my bed. We walked down the hallway and down the grand staircase over to the door. I opened the door and let Kade walk out first. I noticed a frown make a way onto his face as he stood outside, looking around and observing the surroundings of our home.

"What is it?" I asked him as I locked the door and turned the security system on.

"It hasn't snowed at all since winter started. Its just been really cold" He explained to me and I chuckled, leading him over to the car. I unlocked the door and carefully lifted him up to the passenger seat. His stomach prevented him from doing it himself.

"It'll snow soon Kade" I said quietly as I closed the door. Walking over to the other side, I got in and closed my door. I turned the car on and cranked up the heat, knowing Kade was gonna do it himself. I also flipped on the radio and Freakshow by The Cure came on and immediately Kade and I began our signature unison head bang. It was moments like this I really appreciate him. He's probably the most exciting yet most easiest slave I've ever owned and trust me I've owned a lot. They all annoyed me to death and didn't offer anything in bed. Couldn't take a dick. Sex would just be them screaming in pain. The bliss written all over his face when my dick is buried inside him is arousing and amazing. Jesus I'm gonna get hard thinking about it

I pulled up next to Austin's driveway and parked, turning the car off. Kade and I both got out simultaneously and walked up the perfectly paved drive way. Kade was shivering from the cold wind and I shook my head with a smile as I knocked on the door. A few seconds later we were greeted by Alan with a smile.

"Hey guys. Come on in" Alan was always in a chirpy mood. It was like nothing got him down really.

"How are you?" Kade asked quietly. He was still kinda shy around my friends but he was slowly warming up to them.

"I'm good. I see your growing quickly" Alan commented as he led us up the stairs. I held Kade's hand as we walked up because sometimes he gets dizzy when walking or he gets winded. Austin says its completely normal. Last time I freaked because Kade nearly fell down the stairs. I barely made it to him in time and caught him.

"Yeah my shirts won't fit me anymore. I'm wearing Chris's clothes now" Kade said sadly.

"Um not so fast preggo belly. We are going shopping after this and getting you a new wardrobe. Your not ruining my clothes" I chuckled and Kade nudged me. As we reached the top of the steps, Kade was breathing harder than normal and he stumbled backwards a little. My arms immediately wrapped around him, yanking him against me as my protective instincts came alive.

"Deep breaths Kade" I whispered as I held him close to me. Kade closed his eyes and took in a few deep breaths. I could hear his heartbeat racing.

"Chris?" Alan asked, concern in his voice.

"He'll be fine. Just give it a second" I said as Kade placed his hands on his forehead, trying to regain control. A second later Kade opened his eyes and let out a sigh. His heart rate was slowly going back to normal. I touched his cheek and stroked it softly.

"Okay?" I asked him.

"Yes. I'm okay now" Kade said softly and I nodded before gently unwrapping my arms from around his waist. He seemed to be okay now so I stepped away a little and turned to Alan who was watching in a worried manner.

"We're okay now" I reassured him and he nodded but I could still see the worry in his eyes. Alan offered us a small smile before turning and leading us towards Austin's office. I stayed close to Kade, making sure he didn't get dizzy again. But he seemed fine overall. Alan opened the door and Austin was getting out tools for Kade's check up.

"Hey Austin" I greeted him. He looked up and offered a very tight smile. I could tell something was up.

"Hey Chris. Alan love can you get Kade set up here. I just need to talk to Chris" He looked at Alan who nodded. Oh god what is it now. Alan led Kade over to the bed that was provided and Austin motioned for me to step out in the hallway. Once in the hallway, Austin closed the door and turned to me.

"Whats up?" I asked him casually. He sighed and crossed his arms.

"How many people know of Kade's pregnancy?" He asked me in a hushed tone and I blinked, taken aback from his question. It took me a second to process what he was asking me.

"You guys and my guys. That's pretty much it. Why?" I asked him. What was he getting at.

"The clans are going through a power struggle right now. And there have been whispers of a hybrid child that was conceived" He inclined his head towards the door where Kade was. I frowned in confusion and tilted my head.

"And that's bad because?" I inclined.

"There hasn't been a hybrid in over 300 years. The last one born was destroyed" He said to me and I was shocked. This was very new to me. I didn't know much about Hybrids so why it was destroyed was beyond me.

"Why? Its half human. It can't be that bad can it?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No its the exact opposite. I was researching hybrids in our history. Something that could help foresee Kade's future. And I stumbled upon some hidden history. Hybrids are very special creatures. Being half human gives them advantages. No sun damage, no hunger. Stuff like that. But if they are turned full vampire, they are more powerful than any vampire clan. The last one counted for was killed before she was made into a full vampire" He explained to me and I was astonished. Why did the vampires keep this a secret? I think we have a right to know about something this insane.

"What does that mean for Kade?" I was dreading this. Kade was already in for it with actually giving birth, now this.

"The good news is the council that was involved with the slaughters are all dead from the overthrow of '43. But what that means is, there is free reign now." He said and I nodded, confirming I knew this information. "If they found out that Kade is pregnant. I'm worried they won't try to kill it. They'll take your baby and raise it as their own to break free from the power struggle. Once the child is old enough, they will turn it full vampire and they will have the ruling hand" Austin said and I hung my head back in total frustration.

"Get rid of it!!!" I hissed in a hushed voice. Austin shook his head.

"Absolutely not. I can't nor won't do anything to that baby without Kade's consent" He hissed back and I nearly slapped that hell out of him. Does he not see how much trouble that damn baby is causing? Am I the only one who sees that this is a horrible idea and we should abort it while there is still a chance.

"Austin listen to me very carefully. That baby is the spawn of hell and is bringing chaos on everyone. Its like a miniature me in his stomach!" I snapped and he rolled his eyes.

"We'll talk about this later. I need to check Kade" He shook his head before walking into his office. I trailed behind him and put on a smooth face. Kade smiled at me and I smiled back a little. How the hell was I gonna tell him about this? How was I gonna tell him 'Hey some psychotic vampires could try and steal the baby!'. Kade would be devastated. Why he wants to keep the baby is beyond me. But all that he's going through right now could all be for nothing. He feels some type of bond to this child knowing its dangerous. Knowing that this could kill him. Now we have this to worry about. Vampires possibly finding out about this and making their move. Vampires are greedy when it comes to power. Lord knows what they'll do to get our baby.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know how I'm gonna handle this situation.

I looked down at Kade, seeing the blissful smile on his face as he was getting his ultrasound done. The way he glowed with happiness. I knew. I just knew it in my cold dead heart, no matter how much I hated it. No matter how much I despised this whole ordeal, Kade and I will have a child to protect from the world. Kade can't do this on his own.

And I can't abandon him. I won't
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and boring I know :/ but its important. Comment and tell me what should Kade and Chris have :3 a boy or a girl