Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Dirty Little Secret

Chris (One week later)

I balanced the tray of food in my hands as I carried it up the stairs case. Kade was still asleep and I figured I would make him some breakfast. He was gonna be hungry when he woke up anyway. I had to thank him some way for what he's done for me. I held on to so much anger and resentment for so many years that it just became too much for me to handle. It was affecting me in harsh ways and he helped me move past it. He helped me see that I can change. I just have to want it instead of sitting back and withering away into a savage. I thought I was losing my mind but Kade helped bring me out of it.

I don't think he realizes how much he's done for me

Too bad I can't stay and enjoy breakfast with him. I have to run over to Austin's house to help him with some research that could help us keep this situation under control. So far nothing has happened to us. Ash has been a distant memory but I have people keeping an eye on her. People who can actually be stealthy instead of the amateur she sent. I sent my guys home since the danger wasn't immediate but I need someone here. So I'm having Ricky come over and watch over Kade while I'm gone. I don't want Kade on his feet since they have been swollen and hurting. And he's been having some back pain but our late night bubbles baths have been helping him immensely.

I walked down the hallway with precision so I wouldn't spill his juice. I made his favorite. Eggs with cheddar lightly sprinkled and lots of bacon. That boy could live off of bacon if he wanted to. It makes me laugh when I watch him devour strip after strip of bacon. Its like he's a cute little piggie. But I never ever tell him that because he will throw a bitch fit in a second and try to kill me. We haven't had an incident where we tries to kill me in awhile so I want to keep it that way.

I pushed the door open with my feet and he was sitting up in bed with tears coming down his cheeks. I frowned and walked overn to him, sitting the tray on the nightstand.

"What's wrong Kade?" I asked sweetly of him as I sat next to him. He sniffled and let out a small whimper as he wiped his eyes.

"I can't do this anymore" He cried softly. I mentally sighed and crawled to his feet. I sat with my legs crossed as I lifted one of his small and delicate swollen feet. My fingers dug into his feet gently, attempting to melt the tension away.

"Tell me about it" I said quietly as I worked on his small toes. His feet did look pretty painful.

"My back is always h-hurting and my feet are always swollen. I keep waking up in pain and going through the day in pain. And then going to sleep in pain! And when the baby kicks its like someone is cutting me! I want the baby out now!!" Kade ranted on and I listened to every single word. I honestly felt bad for him. He goes through this everyday and every night I have to hold him until he stops crying. I don't mind holding him but still. He's going through so much and he's still standing. Kade is a tough person. He's definitely proven that to me.

I switched to his other foot after I was finished with the first one. He had grabbed the tray and was eating, finally calming down after a few minutes. His tears had stopped and was quiet.

"Any day now Kade. Just relax and try to stay off your feet. I have to head over to Austin's for a little so Rick is coming to watch you" I said to him and he looked at me as he ate. The guilt was bubbling up in my stomach at the questions burning in his eyes. He knew something was up. He's figured that much out but I haven't told him what really was going on. He's been asking questions and I shot down most of them. I know he deserves to know what's going on.

"Watch me for what?" Kade hinted and I rolled my eyes as I massage the heel of his foot. He likes to play these guessing games with me although I'm not too amused by them.

"In case something happens while I'm gone" I decided on saying. His eyes narrowed slightly as he lifted a bacon strip to his lips.

"That something would be.....?" I knew what he was getting at. I sighed and kissed the top of his little foot before sitting it down.

"Something you shouldn't concern yourself with"

"To hell I shouldn't. I know you've been hiding something big" He snapped at me and it was my turn to narrow my eyes.

"How do you know it's big?" I challenged him and he scoffed at me.

"If it wasn't, you would have told me awhile ago. I've been around you for months. I know how you work Chris" He had me right there.

"And I know how you work Kade. You're gonna keep asking questions until I answer you from being annoyed to death. So I'm gonna shut it down right now. Its safer for you to be in the dark" I could hear tires approaching from outside and I knew it was Rick. Leaning forward, I pressed a kiss on his head.

"Fine" Kade pouted at me and I laughed at him. I picked up his empty plate and tray, sitting them on the nightstand. Kade let out a cute yawn that made me smile. I pulled the blanket back over him and he laid back.

"Get some more sleep. I'll be back soon" I placed a kiss on his lips this time and he beamed at me sleepily. I turned the lamp off as he got settle into a comfortable position. With a smile, I quietly left the room and went down to the door, opening it just as Rick knocked. He seemed startled for a moment but relaxed with a lazy smile.

"Hey Ricky. Thanks for doing this" We gave each other a simple bro hug before pulling away.

"No problem man. I have no life anyway" We both laughed at his words before I reached over and grabbed my keys.

"I shouldn't be gone very long. He's asleep though so just relax and chill" I explained to him and Rick gave me a nod before stepping in and letting me step out. I waved goodbye before walking over to my car and getting in. I watched as Rick closed the door and I stuck my key in the ignition. I circled around the driveway before driving down the pathway.

The further away from the house I got, anxiety began to sky rocket. And I didn't know why.
☆☆

Arriving at Austin's house, I was feeling dread and anxious. I guess it was being away from Kade and not protecting him since it was basically always me by his side. Ever since he even got pregnant, I was always near him. This is the first time in awhile since I've been away from him and I guess I just wasn't used to it.

I knocked on the door and it was answered by Tino. He greeted me with a smile and moved out the way so that I could go in.

"What exactly am I here for again?" I asked him as he closed the door. I just gazed around the house before looking at Tino.

"Something Austin found out" He answered before pointing down the hall towards their personal library. I nodded and made my way down there, humming a soft toon to soothe the butterflies in my stomach. Who knew being away from Kade affected me so much?

I shook the thoughts away as I rounded the corner where the whole clan sat. Alright..this is new.

I raised a drawn on eyebrow at them before opening my mouth to speak.

"Meet the family alright. Whats going on here?" I asked cautiously. Austin waved me over while the rest were reading through books and what not. I walked over to Austin who was holding a old document looking thing. It was yellowed and the paper was rough to the touch.

"Read this" He said to me and I let out a sigh before looking over the paper. At the top it said Old One's Council. I frowned at the paper before looking at Austin who was looking back at me.

"The council? Why am I looking at this?" I asked him and he stood up, walking around the desk and leaning over my shoulder.

"Alan was doing some digging and came across the original document of the first council before the overthrow of 43" He explained and I nodded as I read through the paragraph.

"Ha there's Ash's clan. Glad half of them are dead" I chuckled but Austin did not join me in my laughing. Okay low blow.

"Look at the bottom" He instructed me firmly and I rolled my eyes before looking at the bottom.

"Worsnop....Sykes....Fuentes....Jardine....Ceru-"...

I paused immediately as my eyes landed on the name I've come to hate with every fucking fiber in my body.

Sebastian Cerulli

My heart dropped in my chest as I turned and looked at Austin with wide eyes.

"My father was in the council?" I asked, my voice cracking a little. Austin nodded before taking the list and sitting it down. I stared at him, confused.

"I never knew....how can this be?" My voice was weak and confused. How could I never have known my own father was apart of the council that destroyed so many clans and people the list can go on forever.

"I'm just as shocked as you are. I thought your family was against the council"

"We were! I fucking despised those bastards!" I snapped with a new found anger. How dare my father keep this from me? He was living a total lie! Playing both sides! If my opinion of him could get any lower, it just did!

"So why would he join the council if he hated it?" Aaron asked from across the room. I hadn't realized they were listening. I sat back in the leather chair and sighed. Why would my father join the most powerful council ever to even exist if he hated them so much??

"Baby look at this!!" Alan shouted as if he just found some buried treasure. We all immediately rushed over to Alan's side. He was holding a large book that was covered in dust but still readable.

"What is it Al?" Phil asked hastily.

"Look here. It says Chris's dad was a founding member!" If I wasn't pissed before, I was livid now.

"Okay this isn't making sense! If you're dad hated the council, why did he start it? And furthermore why did he keep it from you?" Aaron asked and I was dumbfounded. How I was kept in the dark was beyond me. And I wondered if I was the only one who didn't know.

"Wait a second...Chris you hated the council correct?" Austin asked me suddenly and I looked at him, nodding.

"Yeah I hated those idiots. They had no idea how to properly lead us which is why they were overthrowed" I answered him and he had a thoughtful face on before blinking with bulb going off in his head.

"Chris you were able kill your father if you wanted to" He said and I tilted my head. What was he getting at.

"Uh yeah why do you think they had another kid? They were scared to death of me"

"Maybe that's why he didn't tell you. He knew if you found out he was in the council, you would kill him" Austin explained to us and that made sense but it didn't answer the first question.

"Okay...but that doesn't answer why he was in the council in the first place" The room grew quiet with a thoughtful silence before Tino spoke up.

"Power. Vampires love power. I doubt your family were saints when it came to power. No offense" He said and I shrugged.

"None taken" I said to him before sighing. That power hungry motherfucker....

"So he founded the council that destroyed hundreds and lied about it for his own selfish reasons. The greedy son of a bitch. I ought to kill him" I sighed and shook my head. This was fucking ridiculous. I can't believe he had the nerve to lie and live a double life. He was smart though. I would have definitely killed him if I would have found out about his dirty little secret. Without a doubt.

☆☆

Looking up from the history book, I glanced at the clock and saw that it was just past 12 pm. I frowned at the clock and the sense of dread came right back. It came back full force to where my stomach was starting to hurt. It was churning and throbbing, like someone had just punched me or something.

"What's wrong Chris?" Austin asked me as he looked up from his book. I looked at him, shrugging.

"I don't really know. Just feel sick" I answered him in a thoughtful tone. He looked concern for a moment.

"That's not normal" He said to me and I nodded in agreement. Before I could say anything else, my phone rang. I quickly pulled it out my pocket and saw that Kade was calling me. I quickly tapped answer and went to put the phone up to my ear but I immediately jumped back, frightened by the screaming on the other end.

"CHRIS!!" Kade screamed bloody murder, making my stomach jolt. All eyes were on me as I stood up abruptly.

"Kade baby what is it?!?!" I asked, fearing the absolute worst. Immediately images of my nightmares flashed into my mind.

"MY WATER BROKE YOU DUMBASS!! GET H-" Kade cut off immediately as another scream preirced my ear drums. Oh god it was time! It was actually time!! This is actually happening!!!

"Alan get the medical bag now!" Austin shouted at Alan.

"Kade hang on!!! We're coming!!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun..