Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Alexander

My blue eyed baby boy. He was so beautiful.

He didn't cry. Not a sound left his small pursed lips. He only stared around in wonder. In awe of his surroundings. He looked to be curious of the strange new world outside of Kade's body. A hint of fascination.

This little creature has caused so much trouble....Yet he has captured my heart so easily.

"I told you he was a boy!" Kade said through his tears, his voice trembling in between a cry and a laugh. I laughed and hugged him to me, not being able to take my eyes off our baby. He had Kade's beautiful eyes...but he has my face. I always wondered what our baby would look like. Or who he would look like. Looks like I'm taking the gold on this one because its me all over his face. Only thing of Kade was his beautiful eyes.

"Here..." Austin said softly as he carefully handed our baby to Kade's eager and waiting arms. Like a pro from the beginning, Kade cradled our baby with ease. Kade looked....to be in place. It was the perfect picture. This was supposed to be his future. He looked so complete with our baby in his arms.

"He's so beautiful" Kade cried happily as he watched our child in awe. I wiped the tears from my cheeks before climbing over Kade and laying next to him on my side. Our baby's eyes flicked from Kade's face to mine. A smile crept onto my face as I lifted my hand to his rosy little cheek, just softly stroking the soft porcelain skin. Just like on Kade's stomach, I felt the sparks in my fingertips. Without a doubt in mind, this was my son. My baby. My little Satan. The connection, the love and the passion was there. I loved this little creature. He's stolen my love in a matter of seconds.

"He looks like you Chris" Alan chuckled, walking up to Austin and standing next to him. I smiled wider and rested my head on Kade's shoulder. For once in my life, I felt like I have a family that loves me. Kade loves me. Our baby loves me...and I love them. With every fiber in my body, I love them.

"Jesus....you two are like twins" Austin said in an amused tone. Kade laughed quietly and placed a kiss on his forehead before looking at me. My eyes tore from our baby's face and I looked to Kade, seeing the bliss written all over his face.

"He does look like you" Kade agreed with a big smile. Carefully, I leaned up and kissed Kade's lips with passion but it was brief.

"He has my face...but he has your eyes. Its a perfect match" A blush was present on Kade's cheeks. My fingers trailed down his cheek and once they were off, his little baby fingers wrapped around my one giant finger. His hold was so gentle and warm. So soft and inviting. He watched both of us...flicking back and forth between Kade and I. It was almost like he was making his own connection that we are his parents. His protectors.

"We'll give you some alone time..."Austin flashed a smile before taking Alan's hand and leading him out of the room, closing the door behind them.

"I can't believe he's actually here Chris...he's really here" Kade mumbled quietly. I rubbed my thumb against our child's small hand. His eyes began to droop closed. It was so calm and peaceful in this moment. There was a ray of light shining upon us. Just the three of us together in this bed. There was so darkness or dread. It was love and light. Something I have never experienced before. It was strange and alien. But I did not fight this feeling. I let it take over me.

"Believe it Kade...this is real. Our family..is real" I whispered to him before pecking his cheek. Soon our baby's eyes were softly shut and he was eliciting tiny little snores that only I could hear. Kade was oblivious to it.

"What should we name him?" I asked Kade quietly enough not to wake our baby but loud enough for Kade to hear me talking to him. Kade tore his eyes from our baby and looked at me thoughtfully.

"I've been toying around with names...and I came up with one that I thought was perfect" He said carefully and I nodded for him to continue talking. I was curious of what he came up with because I honestly haven't thought of it.

"I was thinking we could take my middle name and make it his first. Then take your first name and make it his middle name. Of course keeping your last name. So it would be Alexander Christopher Cerulli" Kade looked to me for confirmation. It was a very good idea. It was both of us so there was no quarrel over whose name to take. It was the perfect balance between us. Plus I really liked the name Alexander. Its a name of elegance and grace. Almost royalty.

"Its perfect baby. Its perfect for him" I nodded to him and he looked relieved. Kade rested his head back against the pillows and let out of soft yawn. Looks like both of my boys are sleepy. I kissed Kade's cheek before sitting up.

"Here. I'll take him love. Get some sleep" I held my arms out for Alexander. Kade deliberated for a moment before nodding slowly and holding out Alexander to me. Kade looked exhausted and worn out so I think he appreciates my helping hand. Like he was the most delicate and precious jewel on this earth, I took Alexander in my arms and felt this sense of warmth come over me. The ray of light turned into full blown sunlight. The cheesy light where the birds fluttered around you and sang lovely songs of happiness. The absence of darkness and pain. It all just melted away from me and created a pool on the marble floor...before slowly dispersing. That's how it should be.

"Sleep love. He'll be fine" I leaned down and gave Kade a sweet kiss on his forehead. Kade smiled at me before pulling his boxers and pants back on. My blood healed any tearing or wounds he sustained from pushing, so he was moving about just fine. Kade was just tired and needed his rest.

I climbed off the bed and stood up carefully so I wouldn't wake Alexander. Kade curled up into a ball and I picked the blanket back up, putting it over his body. Before I could say or do anything else, the room was filled with Kade's soft snores. I laughed quietly and turned off the light before walking over to the door. I gave Kade one last glance before walking out the room and down the hallway. I could hear whispering and low murmurs but I couldn't divert my attention from Alexander. This little precious creature...

Walking down the stairs and turning, I entered the living room where Austin, Alan, Aaron and Ricky sat. Rick was rubbing his neck and looking guilty. Probably that he was knocked out. It wasn't his fault though. Someone caught him off guard. That was the pressing issue. Who was it and what did they want. Did they want me? I have a lot of enemies so it wouldn't be surprising. Or were they trying to get to Kade? There were whispers of a hybrid child who was conceived. Just by looking at him, you could tell something was amiss. I did not know why they were here or what they wanted. But whoever they may be, they will not harm my family. Over my dead fucking body.

"Chris I'm sorry" Was the first thing Rick said to me. I shook my head dismissively as if to wave it away.

"It wasn't your fault Rick. Its okay. Kade is safe now. Everything is fine" I reassured him and he looked at me weirdly but his face soon smoothed over.

"What exactly happened?" Austin asked Ricky. I took a seat next to Alan who gave Alexander a sweet smile before turning his attention back to Ricky.

"I don't know...Kade was having some pains and said he was feeling hot. So I brought him downstairs to get some ice cream to cool off. Someone knocked at the door and I went to answer it. No one was there but before I could turn around, whoever it was snapped my neck from behind" I frowned a little at his words. Okay so whoever it was had the upper hand to kill Kade or take him. Whatever they were planning to do. But they didn't...Ricky was unconscious and no one was here to help him. Kade was in labor and couldn't defend himself. It was the perfect catch. Yet...they left Kade alive. They left the scene. What was the purpose?

I ignored the talking around me and gazed down at Alexander whose face was twitching just a little.

"Whoever it was is an idiot. They let the perfect opportunity go" Austin shook his head.

"Lets not worry about that right now. Whoever it was isn't coming back anytime soon. Not with all of us around" Aaron chimed in and I silently agreed with him. It would be a suicide to come back and try something now. Idiotic and suicidal.

"What did you name him?" Alan changed the subjected and I looked up at him, smirking.

"As if you weren't listening in Al" Alan giggled softly at his mischief and shrugged with no shame.

"I think Alexander is perfect" Alan complimented with a wicked smile.

"It does fit him. I can see you guys calling him Alexander in the future" Austin added in and I beamed at him before Alexander started to shift around. I looked down to see his little eyes opening up....but they weren't the lovely blue I was expecting. They were red. His irises were bloody red and it startled me to an extent.

"Uh....Austin?" I kept my eyes on Alexander. He stared up at me silently. His now red eyes on fire. They were blazing red.

Austin got up and came over, inspecting Alexander.

"He's hungry" Austin said casually and I looked up at him, slightly panicked. I just became a parent 10 minutes ago! I've had no home training and he really expected me to know what to do??

"Okay what do I feed him???" I asked with a slightly sarcastic tone. Austin touched Alexander's cheek and hummed thoughtfully.

"Depends on what he wants..baby formula or blood. Did you get the baby bottles and formula?" He asked me and I nodded.

"In the kitchen. Kade and I went shopping a few weeks ago" I answered as I stood up. Together we all wondered into the kitchen for our little experiment for Alexander. Whether he would want baby formula or blood. Either he takes after me or Kade. Hopefully me because I hate the smell of baby formula. If he likes blood better than we can toss that smelly shit out.

We piled into the kitchen and I stood by the island bar, directing Alan where the stuff was while Austin fetched the blood from the freezer stash.

While Austin poured the blood into a bottle, I watched Alan prepare the formula...just in case I would need to know how. I was confident Alexander would take after his vampire side. Speaking of Alexander, I peered down at him and noticed he was looking up at me, his irises were still red but overall he looked very calm. He was really just gazing at me. But Alexander still made no sound. It was a little odd because he is in fact a newborn and they are known to wail like sirens. But he was...just so calm.

"Alright formula first" Austin said to Alan who nodded before handing the bottle to me. I shifted Alexander into a careful one arm hold and took the bottle from Alan. I barely moved an inch with the bottle before Alexander made a very small sound and turned his head into my chest for a brief moment and turned back out, looking up at me again.

I don't know how or why I knew this, but I just knew he didn't want the formula. Call it a "father's intuition" or whatever...he just doesn't want it. I could read the message in his movements I guess.

I looked up at Austin and shook my head, holding out the bottle, wrinkling my nose just a little from the smell.

"He doesn't want it" I said and Austin raised an eyebrow at me.

"But you did-" I cut him off with a look.

"He doesn't want it Austin" I spoke firmly but gently. Austin deliberated for a moment before taking the bottle with an audible sigh. He sat the bottle down and grabbed the bottle with the blood in it. He handed it to me and I grabbed a hold. I looked down at Alexander and watched his little fingers twitch. I chuckled and pressed the bottle up to his mouth with care. His little lips open and he took the bottle greedily. Behind me I could hear Ricky and Aaron laughing.

"Takes after daddy Cerulli I see" Ricky snickered and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"How did you know?" Austin asked me curiously. I shrugged and looked up at him, holding the bottle steady.

"The way he moves. You were right Austin. From the beginning. He has intelligence. He knows what he wants and doesn't want. When he wants something, he'll let me know through a series of movements and gestures" I smiled down at Alexander who was enjoying the o negative. It honestly made me proud.

"Like now, he didn't want the formula so he hid away for a moment. A moment long enough for me to know he didn't want it." I honestly felt proud of myself for figuring him out so quickly. 15 minutes being a parent and I'm doing something right. It made me feel giddy inside.

"All that from movements?" Alan asked me. I smiled at the little ginger and shrugged.

"He's my son after all. I'm bound to know him" I said it with so much pride I sounded like a cocky asshole.
☆☆☆

After Alexander's eyes let me know he was finished, we wondered upstairs to plan out Alexander's nursery and to build his bassinet. Something we completely forgot about and Kade will kill me for because he asked me weeks ago to plan his room and get it done. Oh well I was busy protecting him so I have an excuse...that I'm going to have to tell him because hey ho Alexander is born and there is no more excuses to hide the whole fiasco from Kade. Which means he's going to kill me twice.

"No no Ricky measure the wall twice. I want the wallpaper to be perfect and it won't be if you fuck it up" I shook my head in disapproval as I lightly bounced Alexander in my arms. He was asleep again. After he ate he pretty much just got lazy. Takes after Kade of course.

Rick rolled his eyes at me and went to measure the wall again. I looked over at Austin who was finishing up the bassinet. Aaron and Alan were moving furniture out of my office....yes Alexander's nursery is going to be in my office. For now he'll sleep in Kade and I's room in his bassinet until the room is done.

In the distance I could hear Kade moving around and letting out a yawn. He was waking up.

"When you're done with the bassinet just bring it in. Go ahead and take off guys. I'll see you tomorrow" I announced before turning and walking out into the hallway. I walked into Kade and I's room where he was just sitting up in bed. He still looked exhausted and I frowned at him.

"Kade baby what are you doing up?" I scolded him and he rolled his eyes at me. I walked over to him and sat down by his legs.

"I wanted to see Alexander. Is that so wrong?" He chuckled at me and held his arms out for Alexander which I gladly and slightly reluctantly did. I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Kade's head.

"I already fed him. He doesn't like baby formula" I chuckled and Kade rolled his eyes.

"Of course he would want blood. His looks and appetite take after you" Kade shook his head and laid back, Alexander's head resting on his chest.

"Chris can I asked you something?" Kade said cautiously and I nodded, placing my hand on his leg as comfort.

"Did you um..mean what you said when you told me you loved me?" His voice was very small and quiet. Almost childlike really. I watched him closely, but he didn't make eye contact. Instead he was looking at Alexander. I chose my words carefully.

"Its like in the movies...the heartbroken rogue shuts everybody out. Not caring about anyone in particular. The mystery of how he turned out the way was just that, a mystery. All hope is lost" I stroked Kade's leg softly and he looked up at me with a questioning. "Then a certain someone comes along and one by one, all the rogue's walls are knocked down. Crumbling and cracking. The rogue hates it but can't deny it" Kade watched me with a slight understanding but still some confusion.

"I couldn't bring myself to hate you for what you were doing. Making me care, making me feel things. Giving me a child. Things I didn't want..but I still got. I couldn't hate you because you aren't deserving of hate. You were changing me for the better but I was too scared to accept that change. I tried to convince myself of how horrible it would be...how terrible it would be. But the only horrible thing there was....was me. I was the problem in everything Kade. It wasn't you, it wasn't Alexander...it was just me..." I laid next to him and rested my head on his shoulder as I stroked Alexander's baby soft cheek. Kade looked down at me silently. I smiled at him and kissed his lips quickly.

"What you have given me...is more than what I could ask for. A chance to start over and shake that wretched evilness that has plagued me for so long. You've taken my hand and walked me to a new light. That light being you and Alexander. So yeah....I do love you Kade" I nuzzled into his neck and closed my eyes. Kade rested his head on mine and I don't think I have ever felt this complete in my eternal life.

"I love you because you saved me from myself"
♠ ♠ ♠
For this story, I have two endings. The second ending will be written in a separate story called "Heart of Glass". I couldn't decide on which one so I'm doing both :) I hope you enjoyed the chapter