Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

All My Secrets

TJ

I took in a very deep sigh, a very needed deep sigh as I walked up the stairs to Chris's mansion. He wasn't expecting me today but I had to talk to him urgently. It was very important that I try to talk some sense into him before he suffers from the consequences from his choices. The consequences that could be Dire.

My hands were starting to shake and shiver, and if possible, starting to sweat in fear and anxiety. Its not everyday you come across one of the most powerful and scary vampires to ever walk the earth, become part of his family and then betray him in the worst way possible that can and will result in your death if you fuck up. No its not an every day thing. But its what I put myself into. Although I regret everything, its for the best.

With my faux reassuring thoughts, I grabbed the Dragon carved knocker on the door and rapped loudly enough for anyone to hear. Inside the house, I heard movement from the upstairs that increased as whoever it was came closer and closer. Judging by the heavy footsteps I'm assuming its Chris which is good because I really didn't want to face.... Kade...

Just hearing his name made my heart react in ways that were unexplainable...well I just didn't want to believe the explanation. My mind was already too far gone into insanity. I wasn't entirely sure I could come back from that form of insanity and adding more to the pile was too much.

Footsteps approached the door and the doorknob rattled. The heavy door opened with a creek, revealing a dressed in all black Chris with a baby on his chest. I felt as if my insides would explode from the sight but I controlled myself.

"Yes Tj?" Chris said smoothly and quietly. Probably not to wake Alexander who was sleeping soundly on Chris's shoulder. I chewed on my lip for a moment and chose my words carefully. I want this to go as smoothly as possible for the sake of... everything .

"Is this a bad time to talk? We never got to..." I trailed off into a voice of nothing. Last time I tried to talk to him, he pushed me and declared his "Love" for kade in the process. That was 2 weeks ago.

Chris nodded before stepping out of the way for me to enter. I quickly did so in an even more anxious manner than before. It was very quiet in the house. Almost pure silence.

"Please keep your voice down...Kade is trying to rest" Chris said softly as he led me towards the dining room. I nodded and quietly trailed behind him, trying to control my beat skipping heart and shaky hands. We walked through the darkened dining room and entered the dimly lit kitcen area. There was a car seat type thing sitting a stop the island bar, where Chris sat Alexander carefully. I watched quietly.

"So what is it you need?" Chris asked me as he watched Alexander's sleeping form with a close eye. I thought about my words before speaking.

"I wanted to ask....to know that...you're actually going to...go through with all this?" My voice shook in just the slightest way. I was hoping he wasn't listening in on my heart that was beating erratically in my chest. His tore his gaze from Alexander, raised an drawn eyebrow at me. The tension is slowly building up.

"Explain yourself"

"I mean all of this...the baby...Kade...parenthood. All of this! It isn't you!" My voice got slightly louder at the end but I tried my best to keep it leveled. Chris looked at me as if he was trying grasp the concept of what I was saying. Ever so slowly his faced turned into one that was not amused. I braced myself for whatever was coming.

"Who are you to tell me who I am Tj? Please do explain because I would love to know" He walked around the island bar and now we were facing each other, only feet apart. That was still too close for me. I honestly hope he doesn't come any closer.

"Chris I've known you for years! You hate kids and people and love...I-I just don't want you doing something you'll end up...regretting" I kept my response short and to the point. But that didn't seem to lessen the tension that had built up to a boiling point in just a few short words. Chris laughed at my words with absolutely no humor.

"You think I would regret my own son? Are you out of your mind Tj? This is my life now. Kade is my love and Alexander is our child. I don't know what's going on in that head of yours but you might wanna get it checked before it gets you killed" The threat in his voice was very evident and the scale was tipping out of control. One thing for sure about Chris, when he says he'll kill you, he follows through on it. I was playing with fire at this point.

"Just please Chris...Don't put yourself in a situation that you're not...sure of" My voice was pleading but by the look on his face I could tell he was finished with me and this conversation. I was honestly relieved.

"Don't tell me what to do with my life Tj. I'm happy now. I'm living my life now to the fullest
Maybe you should do the same instead of spreading your negativity all over the damn place. Now leave. I have to feed Alexander soon" His voice was venomous and controlling. I knew not to argue. So with a sigh, I began to make my exit from the house and out to my car where I got in and just sat for a moment.

That was a complete waste of time. Pointless and disappointing. And to make this worse, my phone started ringing. And I already knew who was calling me. With a reluctant sigh, I answered.

"Hello?" My voice was quiet and uninterested.

"Well? How did it go?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes.

"How do you think it went? He's Chris. He won't listen to anyone else but himself. Thats how its always going to be" I had told her time and time again that this would not work. But no, she wants to keep trying the easy mental way. I say just give up

"Well Tj you already know what we have to do. If words won't convince him. We have to go to plan B" I shook my head before turning my car on and driving off.

"Ash I don't think we should do this. Its getting to be a little too dangerous. Maybe we should just accept how things are" My voice was nervous and shaking. On the other end, her laugh shriveled.

"Its a little too late to back out now Tj. You made a deal with us. You're sticking to it. Now, meet me at Whitaker and we'll go from there" Ash laughed even more as she hung up. I sighed and tossed my phone on the passenger seat. Should have never went to her or him. I knew I would regret this the second I agreed but I didn't listen to myself. I'm such an idiot.

I made a turn off towards Whitaker mansion that was further along back. It was secluded. Away from modern population. Every vampire's dream really. I really didn't wanna go there but I knew Ash would come after me if I didn't. And she would bring me to him . And if that happened, my life would surely be cut. I was in a fucked up situation and I really didn't see an escape plan. I had to follow through. Maybe the benefits would outweigh the cost. Then again maybe not.

Approaching Whitaker mansion, I could see the guards standing outside of the doors like they were guarding the president. I came to a stop and turned my car off. I got out and they both looked at me. I snorted and rolled my eyes. Kellin and Vic. Of course they would be in on this. Almost every vampire who knows anything is in on this.

"Come to Ash?" He asked me and I nodded. With a sharp nod, they stepped aside and opened the mansion doors. I could see multiple people moving about, looking at me briefly before going back to whatever they were doing in the first place. It was uneasy in this environment. They knew me as part of Chris's clan. The issue of trusting me was immediate. And not everyone was so quick to jump on my side.

Before I could think anymore, a flash of red and black hair came bounding down the stairs. My stomach dropped immediately as I saw her sickenly evil grin.

"Ash" I said quietly.

"Follow me. We have some planning to do" She grabbed my hand and pulled me up the grand staircase towards an elongated hallway.

"Planning for what???" I asked her in a confused tone.

"We need Chris on our side. Once we get Chris on our side, then our plan will follow through perfectly. I'll get what I want and you'll get what you want. And he will get what he needs." She threw at me and I was a little confused.

"How are we gonna Chris on our side?" I asked her and she let out a little giggle.

"Ever heard of the of the Arcane?"

My heart stopped in my chest as I looked at her. She must have lost her mind....the Arcane is forbidden....
♠ ♠ ♠
It gets better I promise. I'm trying to give you the all out experience of whats gonna go down. I have most of this story finished.

Anyway hi how are you :) I'm back