Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Forsaken

I paced back and forth in front of the bed where an unconscious Kade was, Alexander sleeping soundly in his bassinet. Austin and Alan were holding each other close while standing next to Alexander. Alan was visibly shaking from the ordeal that he encounter, alone. Austin was trying to soothe him but I highly doubt words will help him. He just had to face 10 vampires by himself and he did a damn good job at it. More than a good job, he nearly sacrificed himself for Kade and Alexander. How I will repay him is beyond me.

Kade had not yet awoken from his comatose like state. I managed to get my blood in him in time but he was just passed out from the shock. I shuttered at the thought, the memory of seeing him on the floor, not moving, hardly breathing. It made my skin crawl to think that he was so close to death. If I was late another minute, he would be dead. The thoughts terrified me.

The house was a mess. My bedroom was a mess. Blood was on the walls everywhere and there were body parts scattered about.

It could have been worse. Kade, Alan and Alexander could have been dead and Austin and I could have been next. How I got here in time is beyond me. How I was able to slaughter anyone in my way and kill that bastard who nearly killed Kade and took Alexander was beyond my imagination. But I did do it If it wasn't for me figuring out that this was all a trick to get me away from the house, Kade would have been dead and they would have taken Alexander. I had no clue of who "they" were. But one I did recognize, the one who attacked Kade. That one being Vic Fuentes, a friend turned foe 50 years ago. I could hear Kade screaming, so Austin stayed with Alan, helping him and I ran to Kade's aid, bursting through the doors and being met with a sight that I can't shake from my head.....

I nearly pushed the doors off the hinges and my heart nearly dropped to the bottom of my stomach. Kade was on the floor, not moving. His body was limp and there was a trail of blood across the floor, ending where Kade was. Alexander was screaming bloody murder from across the room, in the closet as a man stood over him, peering down at Alexander with hungry eyes. With eyes a father would murder you for if you ever looked at their child that way. I bared my fangs at the intruder and ghosted across the room, grabbing him by his shirt and yanked him back, launching the man across the room with such force he hit the wall, creating a crater behind him.

My anger increased as I realize who this man was.

"Chris Cerulli..."Vic chuckled as he stood up, rubble falling from his shoulders and out of his long hair. "It's been too long my friend"

"Not long enough you son of a bitch!" I hissed as the veins in my eyes pulsed with such severity and anger. I clenched my hands into fist, not taking my eyes off him for a second. His smile grew legs as he laughed even more.

"Relax Chris. It's nothing personal! I just need your boy. He's a special one, knocked me on my ass" Vic rubbed his chin with now a shit eating smirk. I was caught off guard by his words but I couldn't focus on that now. I wanted to kill this bastard. I wanted him gone for even thinking of laying a finger on Kade and my son. And I needed to get to Kade, his heart was barely beating and time was running out, I need to get my blood in him to heal him.

"You touch my son and I will fucking kill you. Do you understand me? I will fucking torture you and kill you!" I could see the fear in his eyes from my promise but he remained unphased on the outside.

"I'm not going to hurt him Chris! I couldn't dream of hurting an innocent little baby....I just want his power" Vic sounded cocky as fuck and the hunger inside me was surfacing once again. We both crouched forward, staring directly at each other with the hunger to kill. His fangs where now exposed, his eyes blood red. We were both posed to kill. And we went at each other like wild animals...


I stared at Vic's mangled body, with such hatred. More hatred than I have ever had for him since we became enemies. I had never wanted to kill him until this day. I had to kill him anyway, the less people who know about Alexander, the less the chance people will suspect. Unfortunately one got away, Maria Brink. The biggest whore in the vampire world and I use that term firmly. I know she has close ties with Ashley so no surprise there if she goes and flaps her lips. What Maria was doing with Vic and his crew was beyond me. Seems like the birth of Alexander are bringing the most unusual people together. Alexander is the main goal behind these attacks and it's only going to get worse if we don't do something about it and quick.

"Chris..."Alan spoke quietly and I stopped my pacing, taking a moment to collect myself before turning and looking at him. He seemed to be okay for the moment. A breakdown was to be expected after his ordeal.

"Yes?" I kept my voice as calm as possible. He closed his eyes for a brief moment before reopening them. Austin stroked Alan's head before looking at me.

" We think you should considering leaving..." Austin spoke for Alan. I crossed my eyes and raised an eyebrow.

"Leave the house?" I asked and they both nodded. I felt a slight pang of something in my chest. It was a shot of anxiety. This house may be just a house to anyone else...but this is my home. My sanctuary. The only place I have ever felt welcomed and safe. I've built this home into a fortress, an empire. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of leaving everything behind.

"It was just one attack Austin...I don't think we should think about leaving just yet. Let's not make any rash decisions.." I answered carefully but they didn't seem too satisfied with my answer. Although it was true, it was just one attack. But there will be more, I know there will be more. That's what prompted them to suggest leaving.

"But...nevermind..let's talk about it later" Alan backed down from the situation, ending the conversation. I gazed at them before hearing Kade whimper. Immediately I rushed to his side and kneeled beside the bed, stroking his clammy forehead as he began to stir around. Finally.

"Kade...baby open your eyes.." I encouraged him but he whined in response with a tightened expression.

"No.." He whined again, making me smile just a little. Kade was fully here now. I cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead.

"You have to love..."I said against his forehead. He shook his head, causing me to pull back. Reluctantly, he opened his eyes, blinking a few times before being able to keep them open.

"What happened..where's Alexander...?" He whispered, his voice cracking a little. It sounded hoarse. I turned to Austin.

"Can you get him some water?" I asked and Austin gave a sharp nod before walking into the bathroom. I could hear the faucet turn on.

"Alexander is okay love-...You don't remember anything??" I asked Kade as Austin came back in with his water. I slipped my arm under Kade's back and helped him sit up. He murmured a quiet 'thank you' to Austin before taking a drink. I heard him sigh in relief as he swallowed. I took the cup and sat it on the dresser before turning back to Kade. He seemed slightly disoriented.

"I don't remember much...just that there were people in the house....Alan separated them but then it goes all black" Kade sounded confused and frustrated that he couldn't remember. I looked up at Alan and Austin who both nodded before leaving the room, giving up some time alone. Kade was sitting up against the headboard, looking at me and waiting.

"I don't know what happened...but I do know when I got here you were on the ground, unconscious with a really bad head wound..I'm assuming you hit your head" I shivered at the memory. He looked down at his hands, as if to try and remember what happened.

"It's vague but...I remember the man...he threw me across the room and I think I hit the wall.." Vic better be happy he's dead or I would have been torturing him right fucking now. I kept my anger suppressed so that I could keep Kade calm.

"He's gone...I got here just in time. Alexander is safe. We all are..."I stroked his forehead but he didn't seem to feel any better. Instead he got this look in his eye. It was a calm type of anger really.

"But for how long Chris?" He asked me but it came as more of a demand than a question.

"Kade please just ca-" He cut me off instantly.

"No Chris. I will not calm down!" His confusion has long passed and he was angry now. Pissed. Kade stood up and crossed his arms. I sighed a little.

"I want to know what the hell is going on. You have kept this secret away from me long enough." I toyed with my fingers, looking down at my shoes before deciding just to come right out with it.

"300 hundred years ago...there was a period of time where Hybrids were alive. Hybrids like Alexander. At the time though, we did not understand them. They were so different from humans and vampires..but they were also the same as humans and vampires. They were...treated like outcast by vampires. Until one day...a vampire completed the transition of a Hybrid, thus beginning our own version of dark times" I began to tell him. I sat down on the bed and pulled him next to me. Kade kept his arms crossed and his body was still tensed but his ears were open.

"When hybrids become full vampires, they come into their full power, with is more powerful than any vampire or any clan. The council, when we had a council, saw them as an immediate threat and had them destroyed..." I finished and he just stared at me, with wide eyes filled with questions.

"Okay and what does this have to do with Alexander? You told me the council was overthrown years ago"

"Well ever since then...there has been a power struggle amongst the clans. Clans that believe we should have leadership although we are divided on that note. Some believe we need it, others don't. There are clans that fight hard for their freedom which makes it difficult to take control. After we found out you were pregnant, the secret got out somehow that there was a hybrid conceived so they started to search. They originally suspected each other but Ashley Costello, a long term enemy of mine began to suspect me, I don't know what lead her to that but she began to spy on me, eventually finding out about you" Kade was looking pissed, scared and hurt. Pissed and hurt because I kept all of this from him for months instead of just telling him the truth from the very beginning

"They want Alexander Kade....not to kill him..but to turn him into a full vampire when he's old enough and to use him to take control of the vampire world...Today was an attempt to take him. They set us all up. They got Austin and I away from the house so that they could make their move.." Kade just froze and stared at me, as if to comprehend what I just told him. I waited anxiously for him to respond but he said nothing.

Instead he slapped me so hard across the face I thought my skin would tear open.

I touched my cheek and gaped at him as he stood up, his hands clenched into tight fist and his eyes glossy, as if he was on the verge of tears.

"What the fuck Chris?!?!?! What in the actual fuck?!?!?" Kade nearly screamed at me. I recovered from the slap and stood up, grabbing his arms gently.

"Kade please calm down!" I pleaded with him but he shoved me backwards and I stumbled into the dresser. I felt my heart lurch at his response...I knew he would be angry but I didn't think he would attack me....

"Vampires are after our baby and you're just now telling me this?!??! Did it take me nearly dying and Alexander being kidnapped for you to say something?!??!"

"No no no! No of course not Kade!!! I was going to tell you-"

"Why didn't you tell me??!" I felt tears stinging at my eyes as I took a step towards him but he backed away from me. His expression was one of shock and anger.

"I didn't want to worry you! You already had too much on your shoulders with being pregnant and the possibility of dying! Please please understand I was only thinking of you!" This felt so new to me...I felt extremely anxious and scared right now, Kade wasn't having it with me and I was scared of what he might do next.

"I had a right to know Chris!" Kade spat at me.

"Yes you did! You had every right to know but stressing you out wouldn't have been good for you or Alexander!" Kade opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the door opening with force. We both snapped to the door and was met with a distraught Angelo, with Ricky and Josh by his side.

"Chris! Devin is missing!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the new story cover :)
Image

The one in the middle is teenage Alexander. It was hard but I found someone who seemed like he could be the product of Chris and Kade haha. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter :)