Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Elizabeth Rose

"Elizabeth go back to your room!" Jayy commanded of the girl. She cowered even more in fear and flinched at his words. I was frozen for a moment before realizing what was going on. This girl, this child was Jayy's child...his daughter. The resemblance between them was unmistakable.

As I made the connection, I had realized what this must look like to the girl. I'm on top of you, moments and inches away from killing him. This isn't a sight a child should have to see or bare...plus there was more to this story than I had realized.

So immediately I jumped off of Jayy and stumbled backwards a little. I kept looking between Jayy and the girl. I never knew Jayy had a daughter...I've know Jayy for years yet I never knew about her. And judging by her appearance, she wasn't that old. Maybe 5 or 6 at most. Jayy doesn't even like women so how she came about is a mystery..unless...

Oh..

Before I could speak, Jayy got to his feet, cracked his neck and walked over to the visibly frightened girl. She hid behind his massive physique and I watched them, they were like twins.

"She's...your daughter.."Austin had confirmed what I'm sure all of us were thinking. Jayy grunted and crossed his arms in a stern and protective stance.

"Our daughter.." A quiet voice behind me had spoken. I whipped around to see Dahvie, who was still being held back, looking directly at me. My heart dropped in my chest as my earlier thoughts were confirmed.

"She's a hybrid" I announced as I looked back at Jayy Von. The room was very tensed and filled with shock at the realization that this girl, was a living hybrid other than Alexander.

"We got word that you were coming after her Chris. It's why we took Devin and lured you here..."Jayy said to me, his stance still stern and very protective. The little girl, Elizabeth as Jayy had called her, looked around Jayy's body and looked up at me with a certain curiosity and fascination. But I couldn't pay attention to her, my attention of fixated in Jayy's words.

"Jayy I didn't even know you had a hybrid, let alone a daughter. I wasn't looking for anything" I said to him and I could see the turmoil in his eyes. His stance relaxed just a little bit. I turned to the others and nodded, letting them know that there wasn't going to be a fight and to relax. Which they did immediately. Dahvie rushed to Jayy's side and picked up the girl who didn't look scared anymore. She was more interested in what was going on, I'm assuming.

"Our source told us so...he would never lie to us Chris" Dahvie said to me confidently and I shook my head at them. This was wrong, all wrong.

"No. Somebody is either setting me up or setting you up because this...this is all wrong" I tried to explain. Shay and Austin came on either side of me as if to back up our claim.

"Whose your source?" Austin asked of them. Jayy and Dahvie looked at each other, communicating silently before turning back to us. They did not answer Austin's question and I was beginning to get frustrated with this whole thing. This is a set up to get me killed or someone killed. Whoever their source is, is either a fucking liar and is betraying them or this is a big misunderstanding. There was only one way to find out.

"I wasn't after your daughter...I came here looking for Devin and to strictly stop whoever was after my son..." The last words caught their attention because they both passed with shock evident on their face.

"Whoa whoa whoa Cerulli! You have a son?!" It wasn't Jayy or Dahvie that spoke. It was Danny who was quietly spectacting with Ben until now. Anyone who knows me, knows of my past hatred for children and people in general. It's why everyone was shocked when they heard Kade was pregnant months ago. I was never the father figure. No one could see me as one until now at least.

"Kade. The slave I bought from you Jayy...yeah he was a fertile. He gave birth to our son a month ago" Jayy flinched just a little at the mention of Kade's name. It wasn't in any type of emotion, just shock I guess.

"Your son is a hybrid.. just like Elizabeth" Dahvie pieced things together quickly and confirmed it out loud. Just then, the little girl looked at me with an excited smile. Her eyes lit up like emeralds in the light.

"There's someone like me Mister???!!" She asked of me directly with a happy tone. Her voice was like bells chiming and her smile was very contagious. I felt warmth rush throughout my body, just like when I looked at Alexander. It's the affect that children can have on you. I could stop myself from smiling slightly at the girl.

"Yes..his name is Alexander" She looked like she was about the burst with excitement and happiness. With someone as rare as her, I could see how it was exciting to hear that there is someone like you out there. She must have felt lonely on the inside, being so different.

"Daddy can we meet baby!!!?? Can we please?!!" Elizabeth begged of her parents who had a slight uneasy look on their faces. Jayy quieted the girl at once with a gentle intent.

"In due time Elizabeth Rose..in due time" He answered her and she smiled wider.

****

"I met Dahvie 7 years ago, while I was away on vacation. I had Kellin keep an eye on the slave house while I was gone. I just needed to get away you know?" Jayy started to share the story. We were all gathered in, after the initial shock had worn off. I was still struck thought but I was taking it in easier this time.

"I was in Orlando at the time, trolling the night because I had preferred being outside at night. There were less people and it was much more peaceful. That night I saw him, walking home from what I'm assuming was work. He was gorgeous of course and I was awestruck by his beauty...he had a certain temptation that made me want him" Jayy spoke fondly of Dahvie who was slightly blushing. Elizabeth giggled at her father's flushed cheeks.

"After that night, I kept sitting on the rooftops near the first spot, where I had saw him. And I would just watch him as he walked home, completely oblivious to the creepy vampire. Not to get into it too much, I had finally gave into the craving and I spoke to him. The moment he spoke, I had fell in love so quickly and to this day, I still feel the same as I did. We began a relationship together but hit a brick wall when Dahvie started getting sick" Jayy's loving face had turned somber and I could understand why. When Kade was sick, it was very sad to see him in so much pain and agony. The further along he was, the more painful it was to watch him in so much pain and not be able to do anything about it.

"I originally thought it was a normal sickness, humans get sick all the time. So we thought it would go away on his own. But it didn't. It kept getting worse and worse. He was growing weakened and I noticed that his stomach was..growing" It was like hearing my story all over again. It was so strange simply because I thought Kade was the only one.

"I started to do research on what could be causing this mysterious illness. I ran test of my own and looked throughout our history, eventually discovering tales of children being born from men. It was a rare occurrence but it did happen. Dahvie was showing all of the same symptoms as the ones that were recorded in our chronicles. I had come to see conclusion that he was pregnant. At the time, I couldn't believe what was going on. It was like a dream to me but that dream was reality. He was sick and dying before my eyes." I could tell that talking about this was not easy for him. Watching someone you love slowly die in front of you is gut wrenching. I felt sympathetic for him.

Everyone listened intently, eager to know what happened next.

"I couldn't tell anyone of this. At the time I did not know that hybrids were forbidden but even then so, I just couldn't tell anyone. I had this feeling that it wouldn't turn out well if I did. So I extended my vacation, giving a bogus reason to Kellin of why. I had to stay away for Dahvie's sake. I kept him hidden from anyone's sight. We were under the radar. And when the day that Dahvie went into labor came, I was more than prepared. I had figured from what I was seeing during the process, this child could kill him. So, I kept Dahvie filled with vampire blood. Every day I would make him drink from me. I had no idea of when he would give birth or not, so I kept it safe. And I'm glad I did, because the birthing process was...indescribable" I shivered at the thought and the flashback of Kade when he was giving birth to Alexander. The screaming and the crying, all the blood was cringe worthy. I immediately shook the thoughts away from myself and refocused on Jayy.

"So Dahvie died while giving birth...?" Alan asked sadly and Jayy nodded. He and Dahvie locked their fingers together. Elizabeth looked saddened by what she was hearing. As young as she was, she had a good feel for what was going on. I figured because she was showing the right emotion for the moment.

"It was just too much for his body to handle...I was holding Elizabeth when I had realized his heart stopped...It was..heartbreaking for the moment. But I remembered he had vampire blood in his system. He died with it inside of him so..he would be coming back but as a vampire. I hated that I basically tore that choice away from him but I was also grateful. Grateful that I wouldn't be faced alone with raising such a special child. Ever since then, we've been keeping her under the radar" Jayy ended his story with those words. I straightened myself out of my slumped position and into one of determination.

"I'm assuming you found out about the hybrid power" I said and he nodded. But this time Dahvie spoke.

"We had realized this not too long after she was born. You could tell she was special..she just didn't act like a normal baby. She hardly ever cried, she was patient and calm. It was strange for a baby. And Jayy talked to a few trusted friends for his research and learned that hybrids are very powerful if they are turned. He knew immediately that if someone found out about her, it would be a disaster."

"Its why we reacted to rashly against the claims of you coming after her. I hated to think of you that way Chris but..we had no choice. We had to act fast in case it was true" Jayy seemed apologetic but I couldn't be angry with him. I too would have reacted in the same manner. I shook my head dismissively.

"Don't worry about it, it's perfectly understandable. What we need to do right now, is find out what the hell is going on" I stated bluntly and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Kellin is our source. He told us that you were planning on stealing Elizabeth. We trust Kellin with our lives...it's why we believed him" Jayy informed me. Austin and I looked at each other with knowing glances. Kellin was looking for me a few weeks ago. Its why he went to Austin's house.

"Does he know about Elizabeth?" I asked and Dahvie nodded to me.

"He's been our closest ally for awhile. So I'm just confused of why he would tell us such a thing when it isn't true" Jayy shook his head and Shay looked at me.

"Unless he's playing both sides.."He whispered to me and I nodded.

"Where is Devin?" Ricky asked.

"He's in our basement...Yes he's still alive...Ben could you go release Devin?" Jayy had turned to Ben who nodded immediately. I was anxiously awaiting Ben to return with Devin so that we could go home and plan a course of action. I think now that Jayy and Dahvie are aware of what is going on, they will be on our side. Jayy is almost as old as me and he is very powerful. With him on our side, we could do wonders. We may actually be able to finish this once and for all. A father's intuition is strong. Jayy and I have proven how far we will go to protect our children. And with Elizabeth being here, we can open doorways into Alexander's future, to see what lies before us.

I was torn from my train of thought as Elizabeth tugged on my jacket. My gaze was centered at nothing but I soon looked down at the little girl. She stared at me with curious but gentle eyes. They were very heartwarming...But she seemed hesitant to speak. I was after all a stranger to her .

I gave her a slight smile and that seemed to break the barrier between us because her returning smile was dazzling.

"What does your son look like?" She asked me in a soprano like voice that rang throughout the ring. I felt my heart increase slightly as I thought about Alexander.

"He looks like me, little one...a lot like me" I answered her and she giggled. It was like music to my ears.

"So he's pretty??!" She asked excitedly and I blushed madly whilst everyone started to laugh at her words. She then reached for me and I accepted her action. I lifted her up on to my life and she gazed over my face.

"Elizabeth don't bother him too much.."Dahvie warned the girl with a gentle but stern voice. I smiled and shook my head dismissively at Dahvie.

"She's okay.." I answered as she poked at one of my lip rings. This little one is very curious and she isn't afraid to show it.

"Um...guys..we have a problem.."Ben's voiced sounded distant but as he got closer, it got louder. I turned to see him standing in the doorway looking nervous. But I began to feel alarmed as I did not see Devin with him. I stood up quickly, cradling Elizabeth in my arms.

"What?? Where's Dev?" Shayley asked and Ben gulped before looking at me.

"He's not there...I checked the entire basement. His restraints were all on the floor and the chair empty..." Ben answered nervously. I immediately looked at Jayy who was just as confused as I was.

"Where is he Jayy!" Austin snapped at him and he flinched before looking at all of us.

"He should be there!! I haven't been down there since yesterday! Dahvie????" Jayy turned on him and Dahvie shook his head frantically.

"I haven't been down there either!!" Dahvie quickly defended himself and I began to grow irritated. I carefully sat Elizabeth down and crossed my arms, glaring right at Jayy and Dahvie.

"Who else has access to the basement??" I asked him and Jayy thought for a moment.

"Dahvie, Ben, Me and..Kellin..." Jayy trailed off as he realized what was going on. I knew Kellin had something to do with this.

"Have you seen Kellin recently???" I asked as I motioned for my guys to get ready to leave.

"Not since last night" He answered and I side, running a hand through my hair.

"At night, everyone is asleep? Perfect opportunity to take Devin somewhere else. Let's head out" I announced and began to head towards the exit. Just then I felt someone grab my arm. I turned to see Jayy standing behind me. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm coming with you...If Kellin has betrayed us, then he will pay for it" Jayy told me and I nodded sharply. Like I said before, with him on my side, this could actually work.

"Jayy, Dahvie and Elizabeth and I will take my car. Austin, I want you guys to run the way there to make sure nobody is watching. You see so much as a twitch, you take that fucker down" I said to Austin who gave me a hard nod before cracking his knuckles.

"Ben, Danny and James, I want you to do the same. You see anyone following us that isn't a friend, make sure they disappear" Ben and Danny had excited smirks on their faces before fist pounding. James looked to be indifferent about it.

"We meet at the house and we'll plan there. Let's go" I motioned for Jayy to follow me and we all headed towards the exit.

Once outside, I let Dahvie secure Elizabeth in the backseat while Jayy locked the house up. Austin was handed out weapons to the vampires that were stashed in the trunk of my car. I got in the driver's seat and started it up. Dahvie sat in the back with Elizabeth while Jayy got in the front seat. Once we were all ready, I circled around the dead end sign and got back on the main road that lead back to my house.

"Whats the plan Chris?" Jayy asked me as I focused on the road. I could hear the guys running near the car but far enough to cover more ground in case someone was planning on sneaking up on us.

"The plan is to track down Kellin. If he's the one that has Devin, then that means he's working close with someone who is after Alexander and Elizabeth. He's the key to all of this. We find him, we find the fuckers after our kids" I answered and Jayy gave me a humorous scoff.

"You make it sound so easy" Dahvie said from the back and I grinned a little before pushing down on the gas pedal to speed up.

"It never is Dahvie" Was my reply.

The drive wasn't taking as long as it did before. I was going a lot faster because I'm not as cautious as I was before. Although I was happy to have more insight, I was getting frustrated and irritated. It was like I find a break in the case, but then some other shit happens and it's like we're back to square one. I was so fucking close to getting Devin back and then he just slips right through my fingers. All because of fucking Kellin. He's a sneaky little bastard. He had insight from the start. He's close with Jayy and Dahvie. He knew that they were gonna have to walk right into that ambush. Which is why he took Devin away. He was tying up loose ends. He knew that if I got to Devin, the whole operation would be blown to pieces. Devin knows something. Something big. Big enough for him to be in captivity. Someone is trying hard to keep this under the wraps. But I'm going to put an end to that. Starting with Kellin.

We arrived at the house and I was met by Angelo.

"Where's Devin????" He asked the second I got out the car. I sighed and shook my head.

"Someone took him last night. We think it was Kellin and we're gonna make a move Angelo. But I need you on board" I said to him and he nodded, on the verge of tears again. I took his hands in mine and squeezed them. I hated seeing him this way.

"Chris.."He whispered and I nodded.

"I know Angelo.." I said to him.

"Chris! Let's move" Jayy called from my front door. I motioned for Angelo to follow me and we both went into the house. Behind me I could hear Austin and the guys approaching. Seems no one was planning anything which was good. I went to the living room where Alexander was playing with his toys and Kade was sitting on the couch. The second he saw me relief washed over him and he got up, coming straight into my arms. Hugging him close to me, I kissed the top of his head.

"I'm sorry I sent the guys but I couldn't sit back and do nothing Chris" Kade said to me quietly and I chuckled just a little. I knew he was the culprit.

"It's okay Kade. I'm glad you did or I wouldn't be alive right now" I replied and he pulled back, looking up at me. I cupped his cheeks and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Then I turned to Austin.

"Austin, take the guys into the dining room and fill them in" Austin nodded to me and began to herd everyone out of the room except for Jayy and Dahvie who stood with Elizabeth.

"Did you find him..?" Kade asked me and I shook my head sadly. Kade let out a sigh and the sadness and worry returned to his face.

"But I did find something else..." I said to him and he tilted his head. I took his hand and stepped to the side, revealing Elizabeth who hid behind Jayy's legs. I smiled warmly at her to try and comfort her. She looked very frightened by her surroundings.

"Its okay Elizabeth..." I crouched down to her level and reached for her hand. Jayy gave her an encouraging nudge. She toyed with her little fingers as she made her way over to me, taking my hand when she was close enough. I grasped her little hand gently and looked up at Kade.

"Elizabeth this is Kade...Alexander's mother" I introduced her to Kade, who gave us a slightly confused smile. She looked at me before looking up at Kade. Kade crouched down, like me, and held out his hand for a shake. Elizabeth looked at me for confirmation and I nodded to her. She then removed her hand from mine and grasped his.

"Hello.." She spoke softly to him and I could practically see him melting on the inside. Elizabeth had that affect on people.

"Hi.." Kade answered her as they let go of each others hands. Elizabeth then peered around Kade, looking for Alexander who was on his play mat, playing with a teddy bear.

"May I..?" She asked me without looking. I chuckled and nudged her a little bit.

"Of course" I answered her and she smiled happily before walking over to Alexander. Kade and I stood up and he looked at me.

"Chris is she a..?" He trailed off and I nodded to his question.

"Hybrid. Yes she is. She's Jayy and Dahvie's daughter" Kade blinked before looking at Jayy and Dahvie who waved at him. He waved back slightly with a chuckle.

"It's a long story that we would love to tell you..but there's some things we need to take care off" Jayy answered as I put an arm around Kade's waist.

"Like what?" He asked and looked at me. I placed a kiss on his head.

"Mmmm Divide and Conquer? I suppose..Jayy why don't you get Kellin on the phone" Jayy smirked at me before pulling out his phone and dialing Kellin's number. I stayed quiet as the phone rang. It rang twice before he answered with a hello. Jayy fell into character.

"Kellin I need to see you! Chris took Elizabeth and Dahvie!!!" He screamed frantically into the phone. Dahvie smirked next to Jayy and rolled his eyes.

"What?! How!??!" Kellin answered with shock.

"I don't know! He overpowered us all! I need your help!! Where are you?!" Jayy got straight to the point. This is what we needed. A location.

"I'm out of town but just hold on okay! I should be back in a few hours! Meet me at my house!" Bingo.

"Okay I will. Just please hurry!!" Jayy faked sobbed before hanging up.

"Presto. You ready to do this?" Jayy asked me as he slid his phone back into his pocket. I laughed a little and cracked my neck, grinning at him. He returned my mischievous grin.

"Oh yeah"
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoever said Senior year is the best year is a damn liar. I have never been so stressed in my life. Anyway, I really hope you enjoy this chapter.

Here's how it's going to go down. In two chapters or so, I will be ending Space Enough to grow and I will be writing a sequel. No it won't suck like Infamous did because I'm continuing Space enough to grow, but just in a new story called "Dark On Me". Because I don't want this to drag on and on in just one story. I don't want it to be too long. And even after that, its possible there will be a 3rd and final installation to the Space enough to grow series. Where you will look into Alexander as a teenager. Will it happen? Maybe. When will it happen? Not for awhile. But if you guys want one, I'll be happy to write it. Thanks :)