Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Divide

"Alright gentlemen. We are going to go in quiet. Kellin will be more than likely guarded considering he's working with someone. It's a precaution" I started and Angelo raised his hand as a sign he had something to say. I rested my palms on the table and nodded to him.

"How do you know Kellin will be guarded?" He asked and I flipped my hair out of my face before speaking.

"Get inside a traitor's head Ange. Step into his shoes. If you betrayed your friends, wouldn't you want protection in case they found out? Vampires are known for wanting revenge. Its in our nature. Kellin isn't stupid. He's been playing all of us for lord knows how long. We go in quiet. But if shit starts to go down, we need to hit hard and fast." I answered him and he slumped back into his seat. Just then, Ryan raised his hand and spoke.

"What exactly is the plan Chris?" I stood up straight and sat down at the head of the table. It was business time.

"Here's how it goes down. He said he would be there in a few hours. That means we have less than that to get into position" I spoke as Austin handed me a map. It was a map that Jayy managed to get. It was a map of Kellin's property. He knew where Kellin lived and was able to obtain on easily. Plus the map had the structure of the house on it because his house is considered a landmark. I laid it out on the table. I first pointed towards the north.

"Here is the forest line. Some of you will be concealed within the cover of the forest, you will be the lookouts. We need you to keep a lookout while the rest of us gain access into the house before Kellin arrives. We need to see how many guards are there. Once we are in, we take them out quietly. Once Kellin gets there, it'll be easy to take him down. Once we've captured Kellin, we'll make him talk" I pointed to various spots on the map as they all looked over the land.

"Austin, Alan, Jayy, Ryan and Angelo. You guys will be with me. We will cover the back entrance" I said to them and each of them gave a nod of confirmation.

"Ricky, Josh, Tj, Shayley, Ben and Danny. You guys will split up into 2 teams, each of you taking the side entrances. Austin, your guys will be the lookouts. We need them on all on board to watch in case any other company decides to show up."

"I'll call them right now" Austin said as he pulled out his phone and left the room.

"James, you will need to help transport Dahvie, Kade and the children" I said to him and he nodded.

"Wait where are they going?" Jayy Von asked me.

"I'm moving them to a safe house. Our homes are targets and they aren't safe. If Kellin or someone figures out somethings up or the plan falls apart, we need to be reassured that they are safe. Our homes would be the first place they would look" I explained to him and he thought about it for a moment before looking at me.

"That's actually a really good idea Chris. Whoever it is will be caught off guard if they show up at empty houses." Jayy said approvingly and I smirked before turning serious again.

"We go in packing guys. We don't know how this is going to play out. Anybody who tries to kill you, you take that motherfucker down with no remorse. But don't lose sight of the objective. Get Kellin and make his ass talk. Got it?" I received a chorus of nods and yes's and hell yeahs from Danny and Ben who were excited about the upcoming potential fight. I swore those two were adrenaline junkies.

"Get suited up and ready to go. We leave in one hour" I announced before slapping the table as confirmation to get ready. Everyone jumped up from their seats and headed for my armory that was in the basement. There was a sense of excitement and danger in the air.

I motioned for Jayy to follow me upstairs where Dahvie and Kade were with the children in my bedroom. Elizabeth has taken a fascination with Alexander. She was so excited to see that there was another one of her kind. And Alexander seems to feel the same way because they were inseparable. For someone as young as Alexander, that was amazing to me.

We walked into my bedroom, Elizabeth was playing with Alexander and his toys while Kade and Dahvie watched them, talking among each other. But the chatter stopped as we entered.

"Kade baby. I need you to pack somethings for Alexander. We're moving you guys and the children away from the house" I said to him. He looked at me before nodding silently.

"Why are we leaving?" Dahvie asked as Kade got up to get Alexander's diaper bag.

"It's just a precaution love. We don't know what will happen but we are taking you to a safe house" Jayy answered for me. Dahvie looked at Elizabeth with worried eyes, nodding slowly. I walked over to Elizabeth and Alexander, kneeling down to their level. Elizabeth looked up at me, her green eyes piercing.

"Elizabeth angel. Can you do something for me?" I asked of her and a smile brewed on her lips as she nodded to me, seeming happy to help. I smiled back at her.

"Can you watch over Alexander for me?" I asked of her and her eye lit up like starts in a night sky. She nodded excitedly at me.

"Yes! I can do that!" She said confidently and I stroked her cheek, causing her to giggle, before standing up straight. I walked back over to Jayy who had Dahvie next to him.

"She likes you. A lot" Dahvie said to me as I approached him. I chuckled softly and shrugged before looking over at the children. Elizabeth was sitting closer to Alexander, helping him put together a small fort with his building blocks. As young as Alexander was, he seemed to be enjoying the company of her. Just goes to show how intelligent Alexander is.

"She seems like the type to have a big heart" I answered him and he nodded to me, resting his head on Jayy's shoulder. Just then, Kade came back with Alexander's diaper bag filled with things he needed for a few days.

"Doesn't Elizabeth need some things?" Kade asked.

"We'll get her some stuff before we get to the safe house" Dahvie answered Kade.

"We should get them ready to go. I want them to get to the safe house before we engage" I said to Jayy who nodded. I walked over and picked up Alexander. Elizabeth was kind enough to hand me his jacket. I smiled in thanks to her and carefully put it on him due to it being chilly out. Elizabeth went over to her parents and grabbed Dahvie's hand. Kade was putting on his own jacket and I pulled out the keys to the safe house from my nightstand drawer. I've had the safe house for years. In case something would happen and that I would have to go off the grid. I never imagined this type of situation but I'm glad I thought of it years ago.

Together, we walked down the hallway and down the stairs to where James was waiting by the door. I held Alexander close to me, cradling his hand as he tugged on my hair. It's become a norm for him. My hair is long and he's very fascinated with it.

"I'll take that for you.."James said politely to Kade, referring to Alexander's diaper bag. Kade replied with a soft "Oh thank you" and gave the bag to James, who opened the door and headed out to my car. I escorted Dahvie and Kade outside with the children over to the car that was already started up. Dahvie helped Elizabeth into the backseat while I turned to Kade, who looked to be uneasy. Which was understandable.

I lifted Alexander up so that he was above me. I smiled at him and brought him down for a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Remember that daddy loves you Alexander. Very much" I spoke softly to him and he made a sound, almost like a whimper in response. I kissed his head once more, sighing a little before placing him in his car seat. I secured him before turning back to Kade and wrapping my arms around his small figure.

"How long will we be away?" He asked me, looking up at me. I melted at the sight of his blue eyes.

"I don't know baby..but hopefully not long. Just until we know it's safe for you to come back home" Was my answer but he didn't seem satisfied by it. But he also didn't voice it. Instead he leaned up and at the same moment I leaned down, our lips meeting with great tension. This kiss was slow and building. Filled with frustration and love. But this kiss felt like something more...and it wasn't good.

Ignoring my sudden feelings, I grasped his waist, pulling him closer and not wanting to let go. His fingers were tangled within my dark locks of hair, indicating that he didn't want to let go either. The way his tongue felt wrapped around mine, his soft lips imprisoned against mine..I wanted more.

But I knew now wasn't the time. I had to make them safe. I had to save Devin.

So with those thoughts, ever so reluctantly I pulled away from him. After I pulled away, I looked down at him as he looked up at me. I cupped his cheek, stroking it softly with my thumb.

"I love you.."Kade said quietly and my heart jumped out of my chest. I rested my forehead on his and sighed softly.

"I love you too Kade" And with those words said, I helped Kade get in the car. I placed a kiss on his head and closed the door. Taking a step back, James circled around, heading towards the exit. I watched them until they were out of my sight. I felt very empty inside right now but I had to keep it together. I can't afford to crack now.

I sighed a little as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Austin looking at me with concerned eyes. I hummed in response.

"The guys will be here in a few minutes, other than that, we're ready to go" He said to me carefully and I nodded before turning, his hand dropping from my shoulder. Together, we walked into the house and headed towards the basement where I heard chatter and shuffling about. When we entered the basement, there were various weapons laid out on a metal table that stretched out a few feet. The first one I grabbed was Annabel's Dagger. I had just the slightest feeling that I would need it. Pulling up the leg of my jeans, I attached a knife sheath to my leg and put the dagger there, pulling the leg back down. Next I grabbed my masterpiece. It was an elegantly carved 2 foot stake with my named etched in cursive on the side. I've killed a lot of fuckers with this baby and it hasn't failed me once. Lastly I picked up a solid black Crossbow that came with wooden arrows, sharp as knives. It's really good for long distance combat and stealth. It kills quick and easy, almost silently. I really want to keep this as quiet as possible but I don't think that'll be the case. Just have to be prepared.

I was going over the plan in my head just as I heard footsteps coming down the steps. I looked up to see Tino, Aaron and Phil coming down the steps. They are the lookouts. Even though there were only 3, the west and east lookouts can keep an eye on the north.

"Austin filled you in yes??" I asked of them and received nods in return.

"Aaron you will be the south lookout. Tino the west and Phil the east. The east and west lookouts also watch the north. The south is the most important because the front of the house is facing that direction specifically" I explained carefully and then turned to Aaron directly.

"Aaron, you see or hear so much as a rustle or a twitch, you let us know by any means. Text me, email me. I don't care. Make sure you are concealed from sight and sound as well" I was straightforward and he gave me a sharp nod. I looked at my watch and saw that it was time. I made sure I had all my weapons ready and looked at each of them.

"We don't know what to expect, stay on guard...and most importantly don't die...Let's move out" I announced and we all began to assemble upstairs towards the door. My heart was beating in my chest but I could feel it skipping a few beats. I could tell that it wasn't going to go down like we wanted it to. I could feel that something was going to go wrong. But I couldn't back down now. The plan was already in motion. Everything that has happened was already set in motion the second Kade and I met. The second I bought him, our fate was concealed. What our fate was..that I don't know. But I do know that I'm ready to face it head on.

Exiting the house, we began to run at full speed. Shooting through the air like quiet bullets being shot from the barrel of a gun. Feeling the wind whip past my face an this incredible speed sent chills throughout my body. I know I wasn't feeling this because of the wind though. I knew that I was feeling scared of the unknown. And I also knew that I couldn't let it hold me back.

Jayy and I were leading the pack. I was following Jayy though, since he knew exactly where to go. Kellin didn't live too far from me but it would have been a great distance if we drove. Running will prove to be much quicker than driving.

We were taking the back road approach so we could be concealed even more. Once we arrived, the look outs will go their separate ways to go to their positions. We wouldn't engage until the lookouts gave the okay to go ahead and move.

We were getting closer to his house according to Jayy, so we stopped at the beginning of the forest line. It was pitch black outside with only the moon as a light source. We gathered around closely then. The house was only a few hundred yards away, according to the map, we are currently facing the back of the house. Which is perfect.

"Aaron, Phil and Tino, take your positions quietly. When we are in the clean, give the signal. Go!" I said in a harsh quiet tone. And then the three of them disappeared out of sight.

"Cellphones in hand but on silent. We don't want any chance of them knowing that we are here" While everyone did as I asked, I got out my crossbow from the holster on my back and made sure it was as ready as I was.

As I was preparing, someone tapped me. I turned to see Jayy.

"They made it safely to the safe house" He announced to me quietly and I nodded, feeling just a little bit more at ease. I looked away from Jayy and to the group. The small little army we have assembled.

"Everyone make sure to have a weapon that is long distance. Depending on how many there are, we may need to attack from a distance" I had a plan in mind in case we ran into too many to take down quietly with a head on approach.

I decided to look at my phone and saw that I had a message. I unlocked it and saw it was from Tino.

"6 back. 3 front" was what it said. My mind ran through strategies and I found it. I looked up.

"My guys. Get ready and follow me. Ben, Danny and Shayley be ready for the signal to take the three out in the front of the house. The rest of you stay put until I say so!" I waited for no response. I began a fast run towards the end of the forest line. I kept my feet up most of the time, barely touching the ground. It shrinks the sound to near inaudible. It's perfect stealth.

It was only a few seconds when we reached the edge so we all stopped immediately. Then I saw what Tino saw. There were in fact 6 people standing by the back doors looking bored out of their minds. I held up my hand to stop whatever movement was happening and I pulled out my phone. I sent a text to Shayley.

"Take positions. 20 seconds" I hit send and began the count immediately. Not even 2 seconds had passed and I could feel the wind rush by me. It was cold and quick. Too quick to be the wind itself. I knew it was the three of them. They did a really good job of keeping quiet.

I was down to 13 seconds and I raised my crossbow. I waved my hand and the guys immediately began to form a line, each of us aiming at a guard. We had to he quick and precise. Because if we make too much noise, then this will be blown out of proportion.

Once everyone was in formation, we were down to 6 seconds. I bit my lip and aimed directly at one of their hearts. He was in the middle of the guard line, looking the most bored.

4 seconds.

I hope they were ready on the other side. Because we're going to do this. We'll see what happens.

Now.

It all happened so quickly and immediately they dropped like fucking flies. My heart stilled in my chest as I waited for any type of commotion. Any sign that we fucked up and we were going to have to fight our way to Devin. I did not put my arms down..but until we were sure.

Seconds passed but I heard nothing...nothing but the still wind of the night and a cricket or two.

Slowly I began to lower my cross bow...looking around at everyone else. They were looking for anything that might be out of place. But we saw nothing.

I pulled out my phone and looked to see a message from Shayley. It read

"We're good".

I immediately sent another text back to him telling him to regroup. I sent another text to Josh as the signal that we were ready. Seconds passed and everyone was here.

I kept my voice low but not as low as before.

"This is where we split up. Ricky and Shayley will be the leaders if the split groups. It's your job from here to get inside the house quietly. If there are guards outside, there might be some inside." I looked at both of them and they nodded to me.

"From here and on, you operate on your own. I'm trusting all of you to work to find Devin and get him out of there. Once you've got him, let us know so that we can provide any help you need or that we need to get the hell out. I don't care who they are, take any guard down that you see. We can't risk this operation being blown to pieces." I looked around to see that everyone was on board and looked determined.

"Are we ready..?" The question lingered in the air and I felt the answer inside myself.

I nodded and then we separated to face our own fates.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm still alive...Senior year has been hard but I graduate May 28th so that's a bonus :). So ready to be done. I hope you enjoy the chapter. There are about two chapters left and I know some of you saw the sequel already on there :).

New Cover? What do you think?

Image