Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Conquer

Kade

Chris's idea of a "safe house" was a little beachfront home off the coast of Alum Creek. It was a very beautiful home and smaller than what you would expect but it was very comfortable for us. The outside was paint a pearl grey color with a black roof. The inside was even more exquisite but I couldn't even focus on it. My mind wouldn't allow me to focus on it. We left home an hour and thirty minutes ago but we still haven't heard anything from Chris or anyone. I was beyond worried at this point. I was terrified and scared. But also angry. Angry at those evil bastards. Plotting to kidnap a baby from his family. How sick can they be? He's so innocent! Small and innocent yet though imbeciles want to take him from his family and use him for their own greed. Its sickening to say the least.

My nerves were shot at this point. I was so tired mentally and physically. I just wanted this to be over. I want my family back and I was this to be done. And I have to have faith in Chris.

I was staring outside of the window, looking at the water wash up against the sand. It wasn't real sand. This wasn't even a real beach, it was completely man made but it was beautiful to look at. It was very dark outside but the water looked white every time it hit the sand or rocks, almost like it was glowing. It was slightly calming to look at but not enough to clear my head.

"Kade.."I jumped just a little and turned around to see Dahvie standing in the doorway. I turned completely and nodded to acknowledge that I was listening to him.

"Alexander is finally asleep. He was very on edge and anxious but after a bottle I was able to calm him enough sleep" He said to me and I nodded in thanks.

"With his father being gone..it's no surprise he's reacting to it. But it's good to know he's escaping it all" I responded and Dahvie nodded in agreement.

"And you? How are you dealing with this?" It melted my heart that he actually seemed to care. I remember him from the night I got sold. He seemed to be cold and brooding. But seeing him now, actually talking to him, he's a really gentle and loving.

I shrugged with a deep sigh and shook my head.

"I'm not dealing with this to be honest..I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just..trying to take everything in and keep a clear head but I just can't.."I looked at the ground, feeling slightly ashamed for being weak. I was spilling my guts to someone I hardly knew but someone...I felt like it was okay with Dahvie.

Instead of laughing at me and rejecting me, I heard footsteps coming my way and then I felt two strong arms wrapping around me, but it was a soft embrace, very comforting. I was very surprised at first but I melted into the hug, I needed it.

"It's okay to feel that way Kade. You're scared. You're scared for your son, for Chris, for your family..and it's okay because it is scary. Our fear is a reminder of reality..that scary things to exist and that scary things happen...It's a bittersweet thing. But you have all of us here to support you through this. So don't let fear stand in the way of anything" Dahvie's words were not only very true but very comforting. I felt a little bit better being reminded of the people fighting to protect my family. And he was also right, it's okay being afraid. But try to get a hold on your fear and face it. It's the only way to get anywhere.

I pulled away from the hug and didn't realize a few tears had slipped out. I chuckled sadly and wiped them away from my face.

"I'm sorry for crying..I just..I don't know.."I answered pathetically but Dahvie shook his head in dismissal.

"It's okay. It's rational..Come on..Let's drink some tea or something. There's actually food here you know" At the sound of his words, my stomach growled immediately and I blushed while Dahvie laughed. Together, we walked out of the patio area and back into the main part of the house, where the kitchen was. Elizabeth sat at the island bar, eating some animal crackers and coloring while James was in the living room, watching tv to occupy himself. Dahvie went to go set up the tea kettle while I sat opposite of Elizabeth who looked up from her book and smiled at me. I gave her a returning smile. She had a smile to die for.

"Beautiful coloring Elizabeth. It looks lovely" I complemented her and her eyes lit up with excitement.

"Thank you! I love coloring! I'm really good at it!!!" She squealed and I laughed at her happiness. It really amazed me that even though she knew what was going on, she still managed to feel some sort of happiness and show it to the world. She was so young yet so mature.

"Yes you are dear" I replied and she smiled once more before looking back down in concentration on the cat she was coloring. I looked at her more and noticed the necklace she was wearing..it didn't look like a child's accessory. It was a medallion with a crow in the center of a night blue background. It was enclosed in a clear casing in the shape of a bubble. It was very pretty but like I said, it didn't seem to belong to a child.

Dahvie must have noticed me looking at it because when he came over with the tea, he spoke.

"That medallion is an ancient witch artifact that Jayy kept for years. It protects from death. The crow is a symbol of Life and Death. " I blinked and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Like...you can't die if you're wearing it?" I asked him and he shrugged in response.

"That was Jayy says but I don't know. She hasn't ever came close to death or dying so I can't say for sure. Nobody ever got the chance to test it because Jayy stole it and kept it. The witches who made it claimed it to be the real thing but like I said, I've never seen it in action" He explained as he poured me a cup of tea. I nodded in thanks and continued.

"If you're not sure how it works, then why put it on her?" I asked him. He looked at Elizabeth who wasn't even paying attention to the conversation at hand, she was far too engrossed in her coloring.

"Just in case it is true..we know she's protected" He answered more softly and I nodded. I respected that. They were dedicated to her and it was amazing. They were just as dedicated to their daughter as much as Chris and I were dedicated to Alexander. We were very much the same on many levels. How far would I go to protect Alexander? It's endless...I would do everything I could to protect him. He's worth this fight. From the time I found out I was pregnant, I knew he was worth this fight. And I'm not giving up, not for anyone...

Image

Chris

I think we were doing well...what I mean by well is that there hasn't been any type of commotion. We were able to get to the center of the house. There were a few guys in the kitchen that we were able to take down quietly but that wasn't quiet enough because there were more guys in the dining room. They heard the slight noise and came to investigate, so we took them down too. I knew that there would be guards but I really underestimated how many. Right now we were in the dining room leading into the main ballroom. The main ballroom was the center of the house and filled with hell of a lot of vampires, including Kellin himself. He had arrived a few minutes ago. He was trying to get a hold of Jayy to see where he was. Thankfully Aaron got rid of the bodies at the front of the house before anyone could notice them there. Right now, we were all positioned at the many entrances to the ballroom. I sent Ricky's group to look for Devin quietly while Shayley and his group backed us up. We were waiting on my signal. I decided that there were too many for us to sneak by. We were going to have to fight whether we liked it or not. I was surveying the crowd really and waiting for the right moment. And decided that now was the moment.

I could see Shayley across the room, hidden within the darkness of the hallway. I nodded to him and took a deep breath before letting my fangs grow out.

We moved like lightening.

In seconds I could hear the outraged screams and yells from Kellin's bodyguards but I didn't focus on them, I only focused on Kellin. He was mine.

My eyes zeroed in on his frightened form, he wasn't even aware of me just inches away from him. He was too engrossed in what was going on around him. My guys were like animals, attacking anyone and everyone, trying to knock down their numbers because there was a lot of them. That's how I trained them. No matter how many people, be vicious and ruthless, show no mercy. That's how you win.

I tapped Kellin's shoulder and his head whipped my way, his eyes widening. I smirked at him before balling up my fist and punching him square in the jaw, sending his body flying across the room. The anger that I've suppressed was starting to come to the surface and I intended to let it all out of him. Like the speed of light, I was already by his side, grabbing his neck and picking him up from the rubble the force of my hit created.

"Chris l-let me g-go!!!" He managed to choke out but my grip only tightened around his neck. I could feel his fingers clawing at my hand but it was useless, I wasn't letting go for anything. I turned as I heard someone running at me. It was one of his enraged bodyguards coming to protect his precious Kellin. But he didn't make it so far. Jayy tackled him to the ground and began to beat his face in. So I turned my attention back to Kellin. Seeing his face only angered me further. This man has stirred up everything. He knows who took Devin, he's apart of a scheme to take my son from me and Elizabeth from Jayy. He has dug himself into a hole that he will never escape from.

"You and me are gonna talk...but first.."I growled at him and punched him right in his stomach. I hit a vital spot because a little bit of blood spurted from his mouth and he howled in pain. I held his neck tighter, giving him no time to recover, and slammed his head through the glass window behind him. The glass shattered all over his face but it wasn't enough. I yanked him from the window and crashed his head in the window next to it before yanking him again and body slamming him onto the marble floor. The floor cracked beneath him and his face scrunched up in pain. There was shouts and battle cries all around me with the sounds of shattering glass and splintering wood but I didn't focus on it.

"Did you think you would get away with this Kellin?? Did you really think we wouldn't catch on to you?!?!" I shouted at him before pulling his head up only to slam it back against the marble. He let out a cry of pain and his face scrunched up more.

"It was the perfect plan!! Kidnap Devin because he was onto you! Get Jayy and his people to kill me. I'm out of the picture and you make a play for my son. But you underestimated me you fucking bastard! Jayy and Dahvie know everything about your betrayal!" I announced to him and his eyes went wide. At that moment, he realized he lost his ally against me. He was fucked now.

"No!! NO!!" Kellin shouted at me and I slapped him across the face to silence him.

"He's the one who set you up, gave us the blueprint of your house and got you here. Your little fucking game is over with. You lost you fucking prick and after I get all that I want from you, I'm going to torture you until I feel like you deserve to die. Because right now, death would be too kind..." I smiled a fanged smile and laughed as he began to squirm beneath my grip. He knew what I was capable of and the thought scared him...the thought of going through me was terrifying and it made it happy..seeing him so scared. I loved every fucking second of it.

Before I could do anything else, I heard someone shout my name. My head turned to the doorway and my heart dropped.

It was a weakened Devin leaning on Ricky's shoulder. He hair was dirty and knotted, his skin a sickly pale and he looked totally dead but his eyes were alive. He had been rescued..finally he had been rescued. He just didn't have the energy to show it. But it didn't matter, we have him now.

"Devin!!" I heard Angelo cry and he ran over to him, taking him from Ricky and they embraced each other. I felt myself on the verge of tears but I couldn't celebrate. Devin was still in danger and there was a pressing matter at hand. Celebration could wait.

"Angelo get Devin out of here! Ricky go with them and make sure you guys get to the safe house! NOW!" I shouted at Angelo who nodded with a determined look. He put Devin on his back and Devin clung to him with as much strength as possible. Together, Ricky and Angelo were gone with Devin. I turned my attention back to Kellin, feeling a weight lift off of my shoulders. Devin was out of here and safe. Now it's time for-

"Sorry were late for the party..."I snarled and bared my fangs as I recognized that voice. I hated that voice along with the person who had it. Anger built up in my chest as I looked up with hateful eyes.

There she stood...her hand on her hip with that ugly smirk on her face. She still held that same arrogance that I've always hated since we were kids.

"Ashley..." I growled in hate. She only smirked wider with her clan standing behind her and more bodyguards. They were ready for the kill. The fighting was still going on around us but it was obvious they were the main threat. The bodyguards and Kellin were just pawns..I knew this bitch was involved. I fucking knew it. She used Kellin to get to us.

"Christopher...it's wonderful to see you" She said happily and I hissed in response. I stood up slowly, keeping a grip on Kellin's hair. He was trying to lessen the grip but it wasn't working. Not against me it wasn't.

"Not so wonderful to see you. You still make me sick" I snapped back at her and she chuckled a high pitched laugh.

"Oh please. Stop being so dramatic. We only came to collect, not to fight" She announced and it was my turn to laugh.

"Collect? Collect what? Devin is gone. We have him safe. The game is over Ash" I said to her and she smiled widely.

"The game isn't quite finished...Now!" She shouted and suddenly they all disappeared from sight.

Then...there was a loud bang.

It was so loud I felt like my ears were going to start bleeding. The impact of whatever it was sent my flying across the room and smashing in a wall that was lined with vases. I crashed into the antiques and felt my entire body explode with pain.

Everything just stood still....rubble was falling on top of me. Giant pieces of wall and wood started raining from the sky...the sky??

I blinked away little peaces of rubble and saw that I could see the sky above me...

Was that an explosion????

I tried to sit up but I couldn't...everything just hurt...especially my legs...

I looked down at my legs and gasped as I saw pieces of wood sticking out of them. They were useless unless I could get the wood out. But my body just hurt...I was close to whatever exploded and it hit me hard.

I started to feel slightly dizzy and my head fell back against the marble floor.

"Chris!! Chris are you alright!!!" I heard someone shouting for me...It sounded like Austin but he sounded so distant. I was starting to lose conscious. Above me, I could see someone standing above me, holding an object. Immediately they knelt down closer to me and I saw that it was Nick, Ash's right hand man. He was smirking at me. So they set off an explosion?? They got away just in time not to be affected. Anyone in this room though, they are either hurt or dead. My heart ached thinking about losing anyone. But by the groans and cries around me, I don't think anyone was dead.

Nick was holding an old looking box and I recognized it immediately as being the box that held the Forbidden Arcane Spirit. I tried to move but I felt paralyzed! I couldn't get that thing inside of me!!! This can't be happening!!!

My eyes widened immediately as he opened the box and the black smoke began to rise from it.

"CHRIS NO!!!!!!" Austin screamed for me but it was too late...

I tried to scream but the smoke entered my body before I could do anything...and everything went black.

Austin

I watched in utter horror as Chris's body immediately slumped and his head felt to the side. My heart started breaking in my chest and my eyes began to swell with tears.

"No..."I whispered quietly. I tried to crawl towards him..to save him but my body wasn't recovering fast enough from the explosion. I looked over to see Ashley walking back in, smirking at the damage around her. There were sparks of electricity from the wires that had been damaged and there was rubble everywhere. It was an explosion big enough to weaken us but not to destroy everything. This was all carefully planned out...but how did they know????

I shook my thoughts away as one of Ashley's men picked up Chris's slumped body.

"NO! LET HIM GO! CHRIS!!!!" I attempted to get up and I managed to get on my knees but it was too late. Ash threw me a smirk and a salute before they all disappeared into the night, Chris disappearing with them.

"No...no Chris!!" I got to my feet but stumbled a little. I was about to run after him but I knew I wouldn't be able to catch up to them..they made sure the explosion would take us down long enough to infect Chris and leave...they planned all of this out...they were one step ahead of us.

"Austin we need to go!" Alan limped to my side. I wanted to go after Chris but we couldn't..it was all over. With the Arcane Spirit inside of him now...it was all over.

And I could smell the gas in the air..any minute now there was going to be a gas explosion that would take us all out permanently.

I looked around to see everyone recovering the the explosion, there seemed to be no casualties...Even Kellin was still alive but Shayley already had him in hand. He wasn't getting away from this...he was our only connection.

So I made the heartbreaking choice..we had to leave Chris behind. There was nothing we could do for him right now...

The tears fell from my eyes as I stared off into the direction they had ran..wishing to see Chris running back.

"Let's move out...now" I announced, my voice cracking with heartbreak and pain...

Image

When we arrived at the safe house, Kade could tell something was wrong the minute we walked through the door. Devin was looking so much better now that he fed and had time to rest. Angelo stayed close to his side, not letting him out of his sight. I was happy they were finally together again. But I couldn't feel happy enough right now...I felt empty and dead inside.

And Kade knew...he knew something was up..especially when Chris was not with us.

"Austin..where is Chris?" Kade asked. Dahvie held Elizabeth close as he stood next to Chris while Ricky, James and Angelo tended to Devin. I looked over at Jayy and he looked away from me. Nobody would look at me or Kade...they all just stared at the ground...some crying..some just staring into nothing..

"Chris was infected...with the Arcane Spirit.." Every vampire in the room stared at me..eyes widened. Except for Kade...he knew it was bad but he didn't know why it was bad.

"The Arcane Spirit?? What the fuck is it?" He demanded of me and I sighed.

"The Arcane is a spirit that takes over the body. It strips you of all memories of who you were and replaces your emotions with hunger for power. It's almost like a demon possessing a human..you're stripped of who you are...." I explained to him and I could see the panic rising within him.

"What does that mean...?" The tears were already starting to fall down his cheeks and I couldn't bear seeing him like this. He already knew the answer and I didn't want to say it. But he had to have confirmation

"It means Chris isn't coming home Kade...I'm so sorry..." There was a brief moment of silence before Kade collapsed to the floor...completely breaking down. Alan rushed to his eyes and held him tight as he wailed with a type of pain I had never heard before...everyone in the room was just completely dead. But I couldn't take my eyes off of Kade, screaming in Alan's shoulder...it was something I had never seen before....

I had never seen a heart break in front of my eyes as fast as Kade's did...
♠ ♠ ♠
There's one chapter left my lovelies. A few things:

I GRADUATED! Yes I'm done with that hellhole. I'm finally freeeeee

Secondly, during my last few weeks, for my creative writing class, we had an assignment to write a fairy tale from another character's point of view, give our own twist or make our own. I decided to pretty much take Cinderella and make it my own. It's featuring Motionless in white as the antagonist and my teacher loved it so I was wondering if you guys would like to read it. I'm always a little self-conscious about my writings because personally I don't think I've very good. Anyway, it's called "(s)AINTS". If you would like to read it, let me know :)

As always, I hope you enjoy the chapter.