Status: Finished

You & I

You & I

I sat outside in the cold November air, staring at the sky, it was so clear. My heart fluttered and my hand vibrated.
Sitting outside looking at the stars, I’m thinking of you.
I smiled at my boyfriends text and replied.
I’m outside too
You should come over
I miss you!
I shake my head at myself, it’s only been a few hours since I’d seen him. Liam, my mom, and I had been sitting in the basement watching Christmas movies and making decorations out of construction paper. He’d been allowed to spend the night but we decided it’d be best for him to go home since he had to wake up early tomorrow, but the night was so beautiful and I needed him here to enjoy it with.
It was 2:30am when Liam pulled up. I walked out to his car and quietly got in. I texted my mom to say that I was with him, just in case she woke up. I looked over at my boyfriend and smiled, he smiled back and slid his hand into mine.
“Wanna go somewhere else?” He asked, I just nodded and we were on our way. I leaned on my window and stared out at the beautiful and silent night. It was just so bright and peaceful. I lived in the suburbs and I could still see so many stars.
Explosions in the Sky were playing on the stereo and the world couldn't have picked a more perfect band to be the soundtrack to this night.
Liam absentmindedly moved his thumb back and forth on my hand as we continued to drive and I continued to gaze at the night. The roads were so empty, and I felt like the earth had paused and Liam and I were the only two people in motion. I was so calm with that feeling.
I was so normal with Liam always, but I liked the fact that we could live without talking during every moment. The two of us were just each others person and it was perfect.
An hour later Liam pulled into the gravel driveway of his grandmothers house. He turned off the car and the two of us got out. Rejoining hands in front of the car, we walked towards the house. He pulled out the key and we let ourselves in. The two of us walk up the staircase that was to our right. At the top of the stairs Liam handled the thermostat and turned the heat on to warm the freezing winter temperature house.
Continuing on that floor we passed two doorways and let ourselves into the third. The sight was fantastic. The wall in this room facing the back yard was a picture window, and out of that window it felt like you could see into the rest of the universe. Without city lights, the moon shined impossibly brighter, and the stars multiplied by a hundred. Liam grabbed the blankets from the bed opposite the window and handed me a few. I laid a couple out on the floor in front of the couch that was between the bed and the picture window. Liam left the room to find the portable heater and I wrapped a blanket around my shoulders and turned music back on with my phone. I held my knees to my chest and leaned back on the couch, just taking it all in. Minutes later Liam placed himself next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. In turn i rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on mine. Liam turned and kissed my forehead, then went back to looking out the window.
“I love you.” Liam told me.
“I love you too.” I returned.
The next thing I knew, we were fast asleep…
♠ ♠ ♠
I always feel weird publishing anything but I just felt like posting something again. I hope you liked it!